Football coverage in other countries.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Football coverage in other countries.

Post by Clummo99 »

https://youtu.be/l1RnyneLqlA

This is a perfect example of why I prefer to watch football on any other platform than the sycophantic dross churned out in the UK. I watched this last night live and so glad someone posted it to YouTube so I could share.

Thierry Henry is seething and doing well to hold it in check. The man is a class apart imo.

You would NEVER see this kind of discussion on such an emotive issue on Sky, BT, BBC etc

DB10GOONER

Re: Football coverage in other countries.

Post by DB10GOONER »

Not sure if this requires it's own thread, but I'll leave it here for the time being. If it skews off into another streaming discussion I'll merge it with that thread for convenience.

Hilariously ironic to see Spit the Scouse there, him being besties with, and a huge admirer of, his Ingerland team mate, the notorious racist John Terry..... he even rated Terry as the greatest centre half in PL history. :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Sorry I didn't know where to post it.

Merge it if you feel it's appropriate.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:50 pm
Sorry I didn't know where to post it.

Merge it if you feel it's appropriate.
It's not a problem if it stays on thread to some degree.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:40 pm
Not sure if this requires it's own thread, but I'll leave it here for the time being. If it skews off into another streaming discussion I'll merge it with that thread for convenience.

Hilariously ironic to see Spit the Scouse there, him being besties with, and a huge admirer of, his Ingerland team mate, the notorious racist John Terry..... he even rated Terry as the greatest centre half in PL history. :roll:
That coin throwing little cûnt can fuck off. He should be fucking ashamed at sitting there next to two black footballers after him and that fucking cesspit of a club supported that biting racist cúnt with their t-shirts. Coin throwing, spitting at people and supporting racists. All OK according to Sky sports.
British football has never been able to have a decent discussion on the extent of racism in football because every single media luvvie who has made a fortune from the game and was involved in it either made racist jokes or did nothing to stop them in the dressing room. It used to burn a fucking hole in my skin like a cigarette burn having to sit there and watch that Manure racist keeper cûnt being on TV after what he said to Ian Wright. Cûnts like hairy hands and his sex pest mate on Sky brushing off racism as a bit of a laugh and defending it because it meant that they might have had to criticise Manure and their sex pest racist manager.
Arsenal players getting monkey chanted in Europe for years and nobody giving a fuck on British TV. Almost like it was our fault for having black players.
That old Spanish cúnt saying what he said about Henry and it being all OK. Arsenal players receiving horrific and shameful racist abuse in that shithole of Valencia, so bad that you couldn't fail to hear the monkey chanting. No broadcaster said anything. The FA did nothing. England playing that country in an international fixture and their players being subjected to the most horrendous racist abuse in years. Nobody cared.
All those pundits sat there doing nothing because it was difficult for them because they sat there and made racist remarks or laughed along in dressing rooms. It wasn't funny, it didn't make you one of the lads. Why the fuck didn't you stand up and use your influence to do something positive? Fuck me, Ian Wright, John Barnes, Thierry Henry, Cyril Regis, Laurie Cunningham, Rocky. Fucking hell, what they went through was worse that horrific. Who fucking helped them? Where was the discussion then? Where was the support from the British media? Fucking hell, they should hang their heads in complete fucking shame. When human beings needed you, you were fucking cowards.

dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:53 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

That coin throwing little cûnt can fuck off. He should be fucking ashamed at sitting there next to two black footballers after him and that fucking cesspit of a club supported that biting racist cúnt with their t-shirts. Coin throwing, spitting at people and supporting racists. All OK according to Sky sports.
British football has never been able to have a decent discussion on the extent of racism in football because every single media luvvie who has made a fortune from the game and was involved in it either made racist jokes or did nothing to stop them in the dressing room. It used to burn a fucking hole in my skin like a cigarette burn having to sit there and watch that Manure racist keeper cûnt being on TV after what he said to Ian Wright. Cûnts like hairy hands and his sex pest mate on Sky brushing off racism as a bit of a laugh and defending it because it meant that they might have had to criticise Manure and their sex pest racist manager.
Arsenal players getting monkey chanted in Europe for years and nobody giving a fuck on British TV. Almost like it was our fault for having black players.
That old Spanish cúnt saying what he said about Henry and it being all OK. Arsenal players receiving horrific and shameful racist abuse in that shithole of Valencia, so bad that you couldn't fail to hear the monkey chanting. No broadcaster said anything. The FA did nothing. England playing that country in an international fixture and their players being subjected to the most horrendous racist abuse in years. Nobody cared.
All those pundits sat there doing nothing because it was difficult for them because they sat there and made racist remarks or laughed along in dressing rooms. It wasn't funny, it didn't make you one of the lads. Why the fuck didn't you stand up and use your influence to do something positive? Fuck me, Ian Wright, John Barnes, Thierry Henry, Cyril Regis, Laurie Cunningham, Rocky. Fucking hell, what they went through was worse that horrific. Who fucking helped them? Where was the discussion then? Where was the support from the British media? Fucking hell, they should hang their heads in complete fucking shame. When human beings needed you, you were fucking cowards.
The rot starts at the top, UEFA do not care, except for paying lip service like Thierry mentioned. The whole Mkhitaryan not being able to travel to Baku situation unfolded and they sat on their hands.

There's probably hundreds of examples just in the past 3 years...

They do not care and all of UEFA shoulders the blame.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

dPmunky wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:18 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:53 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

The rot starts at the top, UEFA do not care, except for paying lip service like Thierry mentioned. The whole Mkhitaryan not being able to travel to Baku situation unfolded and they sat on their hands.

There's probably hundreds of examples just in the past 3 years...

They do not care and all of UEFA shoulders the blame.
When players are fined more for wearing the wrong sponsor's logo or for drinking the wrong soft drink in interviews than they are for racially abusing fellow professionals, it says all about UEFA's priorities. When national associations are fined more for having children not return the balls to players quickly enough or for not having the right number of spaces for photographers than their supporters racially abusing players, then we really know how much emphasis they place on equality, equity and inclusion.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Absolutely, they have handed out minimal fines, instead of shutting grounds or kicking clubs or countries out of tournaments

They are an absolute disgrace and are only interested in “growing the game” which in real man’s talk is pocketing as much dosh as possible

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I cancelled my Amazon Prime membership after I'd watched The Documentary (Oh! and the LOTR Rings of Power thing) :oops: But I understand there is an Investigative Documentary about Fifa/Eufa Corruption currently available on there, which they (fifa/eufa) tried to prevent from being aired. So if anyone does have Prime Membership they might be able to say?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:18 pm
I cancelled my Amazon Prime membership after I'd watched The Documentary (Oh! and the LOTR Rings of Power thing) :oops: But I understand there is an Investigative Documentary about Fifa/Eufa Corruption currently available on there, which they (fifa/eufa) tried to prevent from being aired. So if anyone does have Prime Membership they might be able to say?
I have Prime but avoided that doc as I assumed it would be a whitewash. But I might check it out.