Southampton (H) | PL | 21/4/2023 | KO 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
KingHenry

Re: Southampton (H) | PL | 21/4/2023 | KO 20:00

Post by KingHenry »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:46 am
Gutted!
We still have a chance, though it looks very unlikely given the current lack of confidence.
Still nice to see the usual suspects on here, slagging off the team who have given us far more than we ever expected at the start of the season.
In particular our keeper, who has for me been our player of the season, winning us more points than I can count.
He made a mistake last night, so now he is shit!
If we do fail, then I still think we gave it a real go.
The childish spoilt brats on here will just have to learn to accept defeat!
Arseholes!
Spoilt brats? Havent Arsenal fans accepted defeat for 19 years? I suppose you will celebrate finishing above Spurs

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

goonersid wrote:
Gutted!
We still have a chance, though it looks very unlikely given the current lack of confidence.
Still nice to see the usual suspects on here, slagging off the team who have given us far more than we ever expected at the start of the season.
In particular our keeper, who has for me been our player of the season, winning us more points than I can count.
Arseholes!
My my Sid. “We still have a chance.” Which character in Dumb and Dumber did you play? :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:54 am
goonersid wrote:
Gutted!
Arseholes!
Sid you need to stop abusing people for sharing their opinion.

It's just their opinion. They have a right to it

Real fans bet against their team like sid does - that's the measure of a fan 8)

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

goonersid wrote:
Gutted!
Arseholes!
When a post immediately goes to abuse then it shows how ridiculous said post is. As for the spoilt brats stuff, sorry but you don't get to decide others levels of expectation of succees. Be as positive as you like and the rest of us will discuss without the need for name calling.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:44 am
goonersid wrote:
Gutted!
Arseholes!
When a post immediately goes to abuse then it shows how ridiculous said post is. As for the spoilt brats stuff, sorry but you don't get to decide others levels of expectation of success. Be as positive as you like and the rest of us will discuss without the need for name calling.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Gutted!
Arseholes!
Sid seriously, why not just comment on the games and players or whatever, instead of constantly having digs at members of the forum? What good does that do? People have different opinions. You're just gonna have to accept that mate.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Couldn't post properly yesterday due my new friend 500 internal error...I much prefered hostgator!

Anyway, too little too late. Why show urgency in last 10 mins. Play like that and we would have battered them.

But they were comfortable all game. As we're west ham after 2.1 Even in the dog says of wenger when we were losing to shite we used to lay siege and batter them and their keepers had worldies...this team lately not at all and often this season. Its been fine margins all season, yes var has robbed us but a lot of ot has been seat of the pants stuff.
We have a good 1st xi and a couple of decent subs but the rest is cack. Awful. We cannot hope to win the league with the likes of Eddie and holding as first reserves. In the cold harsh light of day this team squad is not good enough to win the league. It was great whilst it lasted and we all care again as per the passion on here which is at least something. But these recent games have called for a captain and leaders we have no captain, and the winners brought in from city (one was a constant reserve...who simply accept defend) have clealry failed to change the bottler mentality that exists so evidently in our collapse last season. Same thing happening again. The managers blind spots, xhaka, viera ffs persist and unless those are remedied and we have another overhaul and properly quality signed in summer we will be back to 4th place scrabbling.

I had no expectation we would win the league even 8 points clear simply couldn't believe but I'm still so pissed off by last night and the West ham game...not so much Liverpool as that was down to one *word censored*. But west ham and Southampton utterly disgraceful results and performances.

Yes there's still some chance of winning it on paper but anyone with any sense can see its gone.

My balance is we didnt expect to be where we are so credit due for that yet the massive bottle job is hard to look past at the moment. I could accept losing it by fighting not by this shitshow and raises all the issues we have with the manager and players again. Yes we are competing with money is no object team, but we got ourselves into a winning position and took advantage of transitioning rivals yet fucked it up.

We need rid of xhaka Vieira holding elneny Eddie, partey if he ca t het his head straight and signa top class striker (at least 1) a top class cb, 2 top class cms dount we will do much of that and next season will see us with nice guy Rob holding still about, cocktail stick viera our bench game changer and the feather floating about. Next season is where we find out if this was a fluke. One injury should t derail a whole season as salibas has.

Mentally jaded by this and dont like the fact its spoiling my weekend mood but that's the price we pay

Edit to cap it all we are linked with Mason fucking mount...ffs goodbye esr a disgrace Arteta has got rid of you as you looked to be top player in the making.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:32 am
goonersid wrote:
Gutted!
Arseholes!
Sid seriously, why not just comment on the games and players or whatever, instead of constantly having digs at members of the forum? What good does that do? People have different opinions. You're just gonna have to accept that mate.
It's a bit ironic as sid was one of thr most negative anti Arteta on here!

Let get along as dB seems to be the sole mod these days and we wouldnt want the wee fella getting worn out. Wtf is Singapore gooner. Did you 'quartz' him db???!!

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Arteta, he's supposedly a football genius but starts Xhaka every week

Yet strangely we missed Xhaka last night and the worrying thing that when he is missing there is no ready made replacement . Jorginho was bought in to back up Partey but surely he was a better alternative than Vieira to keep the midfield strong for the first hour and then if you want to bring on more supposedly talented players you could bring on either Vieira or preferably Smith- Rowe .
If we want a touch player next year Vieira can be replaced with Patino who at least having bulked up is not a push over and just as talented.
Arteta under estimated Southampton last night and he made the same mistakes that he made against Bournemouth .
Common denominator :- Both at the bottom .

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Overall, 1pt is better than nothing but the last four games (including at home against Sporting) has been piss poor and we can see the effect Saliba has on the backline.

Zinchenko is class but has been poor two games in the PL in a row. KT surely needs to get a look-in for the City game due to the way they use their full-backs to pin down the sidelines.

Ramsdale has had a great season massive saves in most games we've played but it's now 3-4 games in a row where his positioning is poor. Especially in set-pieces. Just seems to flap his arms and have no control over his own zone and seems to stand front-post, leaving the back-post wide open for goals such as Firimino and Southampton's 3rd. If that's an issue, stick Ben White or someone far-post because we concede poor goals from that run of play, quite a bit.

Disappointed because we now NEED to win at City, we have exhausted our draws and definitely have no room for losses. Just goes to show what hindsight is all about. We are here 5pts in the lead with two more games played. If Saliba was fit, we could've been 11pts ahead and potentially in a EL SF spot.

We move, UTG as always. City is a tough ask but we can do a job.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

City now 1/4. We are 10/3.

We haven’t got a single prayer.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

A11M11 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:04 pm
Arteta, he's supposedly a football genius but starts Xhaka every week

Yet strangely we missed Xhaka last night and the worrying thing that when he is missing there is no ready made replacement . Jorginho was bought in to back up Partey but surely he was a better alternative than Vieira to keep the midfield strong for the first hour and then if you want to bring on more supposedly talented players you could bring on either Vieira or preferably Smith- Rowe .
If we want a touch player next year Vieira can be replaced with Patino who at least having bulked up is not a push over and just as talented.
Arteta under estimated Southampton last night and he made the same mistakes that he made against Bournemouth .
Common denominator :- Both at the bottom .
Or somebody in the crowd........

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Vieira. It is literally mind boggling to play him in place of Xhaka. He would struggle to open a door, let alone to handle himself in midfield against a relegation threatened side full of “big lumps”. It’s suicide on a grand scale from Arteta. Why not Jorginho? Why not Tierney at left back and Zinchenko in place of Xhaka? Just pointless. It renders a whole season of good work undone. Shameful and angering.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

If you tune in not knowing, you would swear Zinchenco is in the midfield anyway, it's where he continually pops up. Where was he when Theo scored? God only knows, he wasn't at LB, I do know that.

Holding wasn't so bad yesterday tbf, or maybe there were just so many that were worse? If I had to describe Viera it would be as a nothing player. He is literally, a lightweight, who brings nothing to the game, neither on attack, nor on defense.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:21 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:32 am
goonersid wrote:
Gutted!
Arseholes!
It's a bit ironic as sid was one of thr most negative anti Arteta on here!

Let get along as dB seems to be the sole mod these days and we wouldnt want the wee fella getting worn out. Wtf is Singapore gooner. Did you 'quartz' him db???!!
:lol:

I think he's just been very busy with his day job of being a Ladyboy. :D :wink:

Or maybe I "Quartzed" him..... :shock: