Southampton (H) | PL | 21/4/2023 | KO 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Southampton (H) | PL | 21/4/2023 | KO 20:00

Post by Sean »

We are shite, they are shite...

Wait, we're leading the league! They are bottom of the table. We'll smash them! Right? Right?!? :barscarf:

Stuart L (2)

Re: Southampton (H) | PL | 21/4/2023 | KO 20:00

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Sean wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:55 pm

Wait, we're leading the league! They are bottom of the table. We'll smash them! Right? Right?!? :barscarf:
Good to see you back on the forum mate

Hope,all is well with you

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

2 nil up. You know the rest…

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Fuck knows how this will go but I've got a good idea what will happen in the game after it..

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

2-2

Walcott made to look like De Bruyne and Cruyff rolled into one by the Chuckle Brothers at centre half

The Shit for Brains dopey Swiss c.unt or Holding will give away a shit free kick outside the box, as they are incapable of going 90 minutes without, and Ward Prowse won't turn down the invitation

It will all be about - "but if we win at City, its all still in our hands" and then by the end of next week, the title will be gone, and we'll be hoping that 15 points with an extra game played is enough of a cushion over Man United.

More dropped points to follow against Newcastle and Brighton and the title will be gone by the time Forest and Wolves run into the "pressureless wonders" who end the season only a point behind as City rest everyone for their last 2 games with an eye on the CL final and the title sewn up, and we duly oblige with 5 goal batterings of those two. The missing persons search for Odegaard is ended as he's found at home to Wolves when we're four points behind and win 5-0

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:28 pm
2-2

Walcott made to look like De Bruyne and Cruyff rolled into one by the Chuckle Brothers at centre half

The Shit for Brains dopey Swiss c.unt or Holding will give away a shit free kick outside the box, as they are incapable of going 90 minutes without, and Ward Prowse won't turn down the invitation

It will all be about - "but if we win at City, its all still in our hands" and then by the end of next week, the title will be gone, and we'll be hoping that 15 points with an extra game played is enough of a cushion over Man United.

More dropped points to follow against Newcastle and Brighton and the title will be gone by the time Forest and Wolves run into the "pressureless wonders" who end the season only a point behind as City rest everyone for their last 2 games with an eye on the CL final and the title sewn up, and we duly oblige with 5 goal batterings of those two. The missing persons search for Odegaard is ended as he's found at home to Wolves when we're four points behind and win 5-0
It's as if you have a crystal ball SteveO :rubchin: :cry:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

We'll win this 4-0. It will be a bit cagey at first but we'll hit a couple around about the half hour mark and then score two more in the second half.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I started drinking at FT (I highly recommend it by the way) and am now starting to think more positively.

Win this - no other outcome can even be considered - and then we go to city to play our biggest league game (since when - can’t even remember - WHL 2004?).

A monumental game, where every single player will have to give an 8/9 out of 10 performance. Shoot out at the ok corral, channeling Anfield 89, Copenhagen 94, Old Trafford 98 & 2002 and whatever you’re having yourself.

These players have experienced the pain of last year’s collapse, they won’t want to feel like that again time time around, can they use that experience over the next 10 days to prevent it happening again?

Things have started to derail, we’ve wobbled badly the last 2 games….can we stop the rot? We’ve lost to city 13 times in a row (or whatever the fuck it is) can we stop the rot? We’re fucking well over due a win against them, that’s a fucking shameful record. I bet Southampton haven’t lost 13 times in a fucking row to city (I’m too lazy to check so if they have please dont @me).

Time to fucking stand up and be counted, too many players have shit the bed in the last 2 games but there’s still an opportunity to put it right.

SO FUCKING PUT IT RIGHT :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:39 pm
I started drinking at FT (I highly recommend it by the way) and am now starting to think more positively.

Win this - no other outcome can even be considered - and then we go to city to play our biggest league game (since when - can’t even remember - WHL 2004?).

A monumental game, where every single player will have to give an 8/9 out of 10 performance. Shoot out at the ok corral, channeling Anfield 89, Copenhagen 94, Old Trafford 98 & 2002 and whatever you’re having yourself.

These players have experienced the pain of last year’s collapse, they won’t want to feel like that again time time around, can they use that experience over the next 10 days to prevent it happening again?

Things have started to derail, we’ve wobbled badly the last 2 games….can we stop the rot? We’ve lost to city 13 times in a row (or whatever the fuck it is) can we stop the rot? We’re fucking well over due a win against them, that’s a fucking shameful record. I bet Southampton haven’t lost 13 times in a fucking row to city (I’m too lazy to check so if they have please dont @me).

Time to fucking stand up and be counted, too many players have shit the bed in the last 2 games but there’s still an opportunity to put it right.

A bottle of whiskey a day keeps reality away. :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:40 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:39 pm

A bottle of whiskey a day keeps reality away. :barscarf:
We do love a boozed up Rodders, but when he sobers up he will realise it will be Holding against Haaland, and the Tierney getting bumholed by De Bruyne

Isn't it something like 13 consecutive wins over us? Truly cringe

It's gone after today

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Let’s be fair here. Nothing that was predicted hasn’t happened. We had to have our first 11 all kept fit all season. Saliba injured has seen us blow up in two crucial games. Zinchenko out didn’t help today. We also knew that playing the same 11 over and over would eventually exhaust some of them. I think we’ve done well to go as far as we have. The issue in the last two games has been self harming measures. But actually there is nothing to really be surprised by. Our squad is short in crucial areas. Particularly in defence. We simply can’t compete with the City machine.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Whatever will be will be now. I'm going to try and enjoy these last few weeks as this young Arsenal side has given us what we have all wanted for so long......to compete again.

If we somehow pull off a miracle then it'll feel bloody fantastic, but there should no shame in getting beaten by a pimped up, state owned, oil financed juggernaut, with the PGMOL and VAR conspiring against us and media cockgobblers like Keyes and Neville praying for our downfall.

Coupled with some epic moments throughout the season and what seems like a united fanbase after years of supporter in-fighting and apathy, it's been a hell of a ride so far and there may be a few more twists still to come.

We are The Arsenal! :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Wining the league with Eddie playing up front for one part of the season and Holding playing at the back for another would be a bigger miracle than Leicester winning it for me.

And do you know what, even though I’ve been up half the night and am slightly delirious, I reckon we’re going to fucking do it :shock:

I think we’ve wobbled at the right time, we’re still top, it’s still in our hands and there’s time to put things right, starting with 3 points here.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:10 am
Wining the league with Eddie playing up front for one part of the season and Holding playing at the back for another would be a bigger miracle than Leicester winning it for me.

And do you know what, even though I’ve been up half the night and am slightly delirious, I reckon we’re going to fucking do it :shock:

I think we’ve wobbled at the right time, we’re still top, it’s still in our hands and there’s time to put things right, starting with 3 points here.
City will win it with games to spare.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sean wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:55 pm

:lol:

Great to see you back Sean; a sight for sore eyes as they say.

Am liking your new photo /icon thing btw the way. :high5: