Southampton (H) | PL | 21/4/2023 | KO 20:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Southampton (H) | PL | 21/4/2023 | KO 20:00

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I would guess we get hammered by City. Drop more points to Chelsea. Lose away to Newcastle. Lose to Brighton.

This will become horrendous by the end of May when we are hanging on for 2nd.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Imagine training all week knowing the significance of tonight's game and the keeper fucks it away with a brainfart in the first minute. Then the rest of the team go into hiding, incredible levels of bottling and cowardice, up there with Wenger levels of bad. I never thought we would win the league but shitting the bed before we even play City is so weak mentally, it's hard to believe. Anyway when we are stuffed on Wednesday to finally bow out of the title race, then I think il take a hiatus until next season.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:43 pm
I would guess we get hammered by City. Drop more points to Chelsea. Lose away to Newcastle. Lose to Brighton.

We're 16 points ahead of United.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:50 pm
Imagine training all week knowing the significance of tonight's game and the keeper fucks it away with a brainfart in the first minute. Then the rest of the team go into hiding, incredible levels of bottling and cowardice, up there with Wenger levels of bad. I never thought we would win the league but shitting the bed before we even play City is so weak mentally, it's hard to believe. Anyway when we are stuffed on Wednesday to finally bow out of the title race, then I think il take a hiatus until next season.
When we get mauled on Wednesday someone will pop up on here to say we can still win it if City drop points and we win all our games.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Wimbledon, the Ashes, BBQs and beaches

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Thynker wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:51 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:

How many games in hand do they have?

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:05 pm
Thynker wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Who cares but they have Spurs, Brighton and Villa in their last 8

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Thynker wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:08 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:05 pm
Thynker wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

Who cares but they have Spurs, Brighton and Villa in their last 8
Newcastle then. We’ve gone.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I have been waiting the entire season for Ramsdale to do just that, I, and others could see it coming. For some inexplicable reason he has still not grasped the pace of the PL, he doesn't realize how quick off the mark strikers are and also that he doesn't have endless time with the ball at his feet.Good reflexes, great shot stopper, positionally poor and flaps at crosses from set pieces and corners.

And as for Jesus, both Retro and myself said when we bought him that he wouldn't be the answer. Your main man needs to be getting you 20+ goals. Has he even got half of that? I never rated him at City and Pep obviously didn't either. Brought in obviously to take over for when Agurro left, but he never filled that position, nor made it his own. He misses far more than he scores. Both Chelsea and City offload their "not quite good enough" players to us.

We offload our best player (van Persie) to Man.U, who then goes on to win them the league

We get Zinchenco, Jesus, Jorghino and let us never forget that absolutely useless plank, Petr Cech :banghead: :banghead:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

So many errors being made on and off the pitch.

Zinchenko is a shocking player, he can't defend to save his life and has cost us almost every game recently. To persist with him at LB will mean we never win anything. He has to be moved into midfield or dropped for a while.
Partey, White and Saka have been awful recently, Partey in particular has been playing with a 'already on the beach' mentality for weeks.
Ramsdale is far too cocky and makes suicidal passes too often. Holding is Holding...... Championship player. Jesus is a great player, but never a striker, very poor in front of goal.
We play tippy tappy till we throw games away.
Arteta playing Vieira is a joke, just bring on a17 yo youth teamer, they'd do a better job. Zinchenko at LB? Fuck off.

I want to say so much but really can't be arsed, gutted beyond belief.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:44 am
So many errors being made on and off the pitch.

Zinchenko is a shocking player, he can't defend to save his life and has cost us almost every game recently. To persist with him at LB will mean we never win anything. He has to be moved into midfield or dropped for a while.
Partey, White and Saka have been awful recently, Partey in particular has been playing with a 'already on the beach' mentality for weeks.
Ramsdale is far too cocky and makes suicidal passes too often. Holding is Holding...... Championship player. Jesus is a great player, but never a striker, very poor in front of goal.
We play tippy tappy till we throw games away.
Arteta playing Vieira is a joke, just bring on a17 yo youth teamer, they'd do a better job. Zinchenko at LB? Fuck off.

I want to say so much but really can't be arsed, gutted beyond belief.
The amount of people I seen overhyping Zinchenko this season has been infuriating. It was his non effort to stop Alexander Arnold that led to Liverpool's equaliser a few weeks ago and he had no clue what he was at for Southampton's 3rd goal last night. He pisses away easy possession every single game. There is something weird with our fanbase and over exaggerating the quality of some of our players. It's the same when it comes to Arteta, he's supposedly a football genius but starts Xhaka every week and when things have been going wrong in recent weeks, he has had zero clue how to change things. Imagine in a crunch match starting Fabio fucking Vieira :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

And as for the modern fetish of playing suicidal football out from the back, I’ve seen 50 times more shit comical goals conceded from it than I’ve ever seen some slick passing move that evades an opposition press and leads to a shot down the other end never mind a goal.

De Gea Thursday night, Ramsdale Friday. Complete and utter self harm and for what? Moronic.

John F

Post by John F »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:38 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:31 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:22 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:14 pm
Our midfield is non existent. Our defence is leaking goals like a sieve. Our goalkeeper has shit the bed multiple times. Our experienced players sit on the bench while we prefer a guy that would get muscled off the ball in a primary school match. Saka has gone awol. Jesus is running around like a blue arsed fly with no end product.

This side has imploded in a spectacular but totally unnecessary way. The mental side of it has been neglected. This is now a regular occurrence season on season. Badly worrying.
What's clear when it comes to the old "mental strength" is that this is just another Wenger 08-18 team. No bottle but will con the masses with early promise and late flourish once the big prize has gone. Never been so convinced of that. The collapse is reminiscent of last season. We are literally feeding the likes of Gary Neville and Chris Sutton the type of performances they were asking for, so no point moaning
And yet we have simply chucked it away. 2 nil away to West Ham. Total self harm. Missed pen. Tonight surpassed it though. It’s actually verging on some sort of match fixing scenario. Utterly bewildering errors.
There's no match fixing mate - just a total lack of any balls...and why be surprised. At the start of the season it was obvious that lack of leadership would cost us.....just amazing that it took this long to find it out. A fluke of a season, almost void of injuries and against mostly failing opponents is what this looks like now. Back to 5th or lower next season. 19 years in the making and no better than Wenger's c.unts of 2016 when it comes to moments that matter
Lack of Leadership is right. I thought the last three results were down to complacency. We started to coast when we went 2-0 up in the previous games and last night you only had to look at the players in the tunnel laughing coming out as if the game was already won.
Ramsdales' casual approach showed he was not in the right mindset for the start of the game.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Gutted!
We still have a chance, though it looks very unlikely given the current lack of confidence.
Still nice to see the usual suspects on here, slagging off the team who have given us far more than we ever expected at the start of the season.
In particular our keeper, who has for me been our player of the season, winning us more points than I can count.
He made a mistake last night, so now he is shit!
If we do fail, then I still think we gave it a real go.
The childish spoilt brats on here will just have to learn to accept defeat!
Arseholes!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:46 am
Gutted!
We still have a chance, though it looks very unlikely given the current lack of confidence.
Still nice to see the usual suspects on here, slagging off the team who have given us far more than we ever expected at the start of the season.
In particular our keeper, who has for me been our player of the season, winning us more points than I can count.
He made a mistake last night, so now he is shit!
If we do fail, then I still think we gave it a real go.
The childish spoilt brats on here will just have to learn to accept defeat!
Arseholes!
Sid you need to stop abusing people for sharing their opinion.

It's just their opinion. They have a right to it