Best result of the week

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Best result of the week

Post by goonersid »

Wasn't going to share this on here, but pissed and everybody maybe needing a reality check on what's important.
My missus had an hospital appointment on Friday, having been referred by her doctor who was concerned by what she thought felt like an abnormality in her breast.
We've spent the last two weeks worried sick, I work away from home which made it even harder.
I drove up from Dublin early on Friday for her appointment.
After two hours of tests etc my missus comes back into the waiting room and says " right let's go" I said "where" she says "home" "all good"
Consultant said "whatever your doctor thought she felt, there's nothing there, everything normal"
I'm due to finish up in Dublin at the end of May, then take 12 weeks hols, I can tell you now, I will enjoy every day of them even more now and if Arsenal decide to enhance it even more? Then so be it :barscarf: :barscarf:

Stuart L (2)

Re: Best result of the week

Post by Stuart L (2) »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:00 pm
Wasn't going to share this on here, but pissed and everybody maybe needing a reality check on what's important.
My missus had an hospital appointment on Friday, having been referred by her doctor who was concerned by what she thought felt like an abnormality in her breast.
We've spent the last two weeks worried sick, I work away from home which made it even harder.
After two hours of tests etc my missus comes back into the waiting room and says " right let's go" I said "where" she says "home" "all good"
Consultant said "whatever your doctor thought she felt, there's nothing there, everything normal"
I'm due to finish up in Dublin at the end of May, then take 12 weeks hols, I can tell you now, I will enjoy every day of them even more now and if Arsenal decide to enhance it even more? Then so be it :barscarf: :barscarf:
Good to hear all is good Sid

Sometimes we all need a little perspective to realise it’s only football

Worse things in life than drawing at West Ham

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:03 pm
goonersid wrote:
Good to hear all is good Sid

Sometimes we all need a little perspective to realise it’s only football

Worse things in life than drawing at West Ham
Cheers lad!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
They are the things that matter most mate! Good health to the missus - will raise a glass of wine to her in the process of drinking away today's depression!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
They are the things that matter most mate! Good health to the missus - will raise a glass of wine to her in the process of drinking away today's depression!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Good effort and well played all round. This is what matters in life.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:19 pm
goonersid wrote:
Cheers lad!
I work away, not for the money, but for the opportunity it gives me to spend summer at home with the missus and our little boy who has downs syndrome.
When something comes along and potentially threatens those plans, it makes you realise nothing is a given!
I hope we win the league mate, but we shouldn't dismiss the work done this season.
I really think we can go well in clge next season :barscarf:
Enjoy rest if your weekend!

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

That's great news Sid. I'm delighted for you and your family.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Having been through a similar health scare sid I know the relief you and the family must be feeling. Delighted for you all mate. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Glad to hear that your Good Wife is going to be well Sid. :cheers:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Brilliant news Sid and great to read something positive to lift the doom of the day.

Enjoy the summer holidays, absolutely well deserved after going through that :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Just goes to show that it really is only a game,as much as it makes us delirious or suicidal at times,
If you have your health you have everything

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Great news Sid. Nice to see some good news once in a while.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Brilliant news Sid :barscarf: 1st-20th in the league it doesn't matter cos your health's your wealth mate :barscarf:

gazzatt2

Post by gazzatt2 »

Great new Sid
Having had a few health issues lately as FG says
Health is your wealth