Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:14 pm
7 goals conceded and 6 dropped points in 3 games :cry: We've not even asked City the question really when you think of it :oops: we've basically just handed it to them on a plate.Whats the old saying from the latter years of le bulbeye? When the clocks go forward The Arsenal go backwards :cry: This is exactly what is happening here :cry: I feel like a cock when I think of the emotional states I've gotten into this season :cry: Somehow winning at Leeds 1-0 that day and thinking to my stupid sentimental old self "We coodny could we" and then when on holiday at new year pacing the floor as Everton nicked a point at the Etihad..thinking to myself again "We coodny fuckin pull this off could we" and then thinking Everton 0-1 Brentford 1-1 City 1-3 actually resigning myself to the truth and saying "ah well that's it fucked then" :cry:
Then we go 1-0 and 2-1 down at Villa and somehow pull it out of the fire..I'm dreaming again.. Leicester 1-0...dreaming more..Everton 4-0..more.. Bournemth 3-2..I lost my voice from the yelling that day ffs Fulham away Palace and Leeds at home and I'm thinking "we coodny fuckin pull this off,surely not" but then Xhakas brainfart,last weeks pish at West Ham and now this :cry: When we pulled it back to 3-3 I again thought "we coodny pull this out the fire again could we" but no we couldn't :cry: I've resigned myself to the fact it's fucked now,well and truly fucked.And like Rodders says it takes a toll mentally,fuck I'm drained with it all this season.Im numb now though,numb cos it's over and numb cos we've fucked it away ourselves.
I think City will todger us by at least 3 here and it'll be well and truly fucked.
Well summed up mate. Wasted emotion. Honestly don't know if I can do it much longer

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The only way we go to City and get anything is to play a totally different formation and try to nick something.

I’m talking something like this.

Ramsdale (Turner if I had my way)

White Holding Gabriel Tierney
Martinelli Partey Zinchenko
Odegaard Jesus Trossard

Saka is benched and Vieira doesn’t even travel.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:33 pm
The only way we go to City and get anything is to play a totally different formation and try to nick something.

Odegaard Jesus Trossard

Won't make the slightest difference. From 1 to 11 plus subs these past few weeks it's very clear they don't have the mentality. That two bob c.unt Partey can't handle games like this

All over. Just hope Man U and Newcastle keep dropping points because we are utterly fucked

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:33 pm

Odegaard Jesus Trossard

This is where our game management is so poor. Both the Southampton R & LB's got booked in the 1st half trying to deal with Saka and Martinelli. So, what do you tell them as a manager at HT? Go hard at the both of them, double up with someone if necessary and get one of them sent off. Not us though, gave them a second half pass, allowed them to coast through the game. Arteta is not a good man manager, he has blind spots toward certain players and he gets paralysis when things go wrong.

I doubt if there will be a different formation for City The message will be......"We go again" whatever the hell that means. And Xhaka will start. And finish. :? :banghead: :? :banghead:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Agreed. We are a momentum side. I maintain if Xhaka had kept his mouth shut we would have won the last three.

We are on for a nailed on loss at City. Then we will drop more points to Chelsea. We will hang for 2nd.

KingHenry

Post by KingHenry »

Its all over.City will win

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Maybe if we’d only 2 or 3 players hopelessly out of form you’d try to convince yourself that a miracle could happen, that they could somehow manage to click for this game and get us something, but sadly it’s 8 or 9 players who’ve all seen their form tank in that last few weeks and to expect all of them to just suddenly turn it on and regain their mojo for our biggest game of the season is fanciful.

They’ve wilted with the pressure, just as they did at the same time last season, running around in concrete boots absolutely petrified of the position they’ve found themselves in. At the moment we look like we’re going to concede every time the opposition cross the half way line and are shipping goals left, right and centre.

To be in that kind of poor form and to have to go up against their attack line is absolutely terrifying. Bayern are one of the best teams in Europe and they could have easily conceded 7 in their game at the ethiad last week if it wasn’t for their keeper pulling off a string of unbelievable saves. In the end they got away with a 3 nil drubbing, fuck knows what fate awaits us here :suicide:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

This started as a contagion. It has spread throughout the team like wildfire because Arteta refused to stem it with the experienced players we bought in January. This was always going to come and he should have been prepared for the wobble. His arrogance has made him ignore it and think we can play out of it. Yes we’ve had some injuries and some illness but we’ve actually been lucky in having West Ham and Southampton to play. We could have steam rollered both of them and got our mojo back. Arteta has experimented with Vieira as a holding player and that is absolutely fucking unforgiveable. This side is in free fall.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Baldie could probably play Mahrez as a sweeper and De Bryne right back and we wouldn't get a sniff

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:37 am
Agreed. We are a momentum side. I maintain if Xhaka had kept his mouth shut we would have won the last three.
Agree but we still should have had enough about us to beat West ham from 2 nil up and simply not phone it in till thr last 5 mins vs bottom feeders soton...

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

The utter garbage being posted on here today! :roll: :lol:

#artetaout

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Still think this season, even though it came unexpectedly and like Leicester, it was not predicted, was our chance. The difference is Leicester took their chance. I remember when they went to City late in the season and everyone was asking, are they for real, can they actually do this? I think they won 3-1? There was such self-belief in that side. BUT, they never had players in key positions who were absolute liabilities. I think a lot of our younger fans think we'll make an even greater assault next season. That ain't happening, Arteta hangs onto some of the crap we've got, and we'll be scrabbling for 4th again. This season, with all the big guns in some kind of rebuilding stage, was our chance. And you have to say, with an 8 point lead, we've blown it. So now, next season, we'll be "rebuilding", and we all know how that goes......it goes on for years with no end product....eventually the manager gets replaced and we start all over again......

I think we'll finish 6-8 points adrift of City this season. Which, however you want to spin it, is a catastrophic collapse.
Last edited by xisstential on Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The mental baggage from blowing it this season will be like a mill-stone next season. Add in Champions League football to deal with. I think we’ll struggle for top 4 unless we buy in several ready made top experienced pros.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ok it’s been a bad couple of weeks, but we are still 5 points clear at the top towards the end of April.

6 matches to go - 6 wins and we have won the title.

Ok it is perhaps now fairly unlikely, but if I had written the above a year ago nobody on here would have believed it! Whatever happens from here, it has been a superb season with a lot of positives to take from it.

Will probably post on the Arteta thread later, but for me he has been the weak link in this run of draws. The frustrating thing has been that with slightly better management we would have picked up 9 points from those 3 games fairly easily.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:23 pm
Ok it’s been a bad couple of weeks, but we are still 5 points clear at the top towards the end of April.

6 matches to go - 6 wins and we have won the title.

Ok it is perhaps now fairly unlikely, but if I had written the above a year ago nobody on here would have believed it! Whatever happens from here, it has been a superb season with a lot of positives to take from it.

Will probably post on the Arteta thread later, but for me he has been the weak link in this run of draws. The frustrating thing has been that with slightly better management we would have picked up 9 points from those 3 games fairly easily.
:lol: