Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

Post by falkirk goon »

I thought I would put this up early lads.
I think after the last 2weeks fuck ups that's the league's fucked anyway. I hope to fuck Saliba is back for this cos if it's the ugly big weird looking fucker up against Holding :shock: it'll be fill yer boots time for the big fanny :cry:

BobbyPires7

Re: Citeh A Weds 26th Apr KO 8pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:23 pm
I thought I would put this up early lads.
I think after the last 2weeks fuck ups that's the league's fucked anyway. I hope to fuck Saliba is back for this cos if it's the ugly big weird looking fucker up against Holding :shock: it'll be fill yer boots time for the big fanny :cry:
We will show the mental strength of a half set jelly being thrown off the top of The Shard.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Will be like the first half of the Scum away game last season. Holding will be sent off in the first half and we will be 3 down and en route to another pathetic collapse

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

God knows. We could go there and get a result and go on and win the league or we could go there and implode.

So many variables.... Will Saka still be tired and thus anonymous, will Lobotomy Clive have his expected brainfart, will Arteta fuck up the starting line up and then fuck up the subs, will Odegaard be on it or will he hide, which Partey will turn up, will Saliba be back, will Gabriel lose the plot, will Holding play, will VAR fuck us over?

My heart says we will beat them and win the league.

My Head says we will implode. :(

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I don't think that this side believe they can beat City. If it was at home, there would be some hope, but away....?? Our record against them is shameful, probably one of the worst in the PL.
You have to believe you can do it, I don't think they do?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I think we'll drop points here :cry: at Newcastle and at home to Brighton.I can't see City dropping any.

Midz

Post by Midz »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:51 pm
I don't think that this side believe they can beat City. If it was at home, there would be some hope, but away....?? Our record against them is shameful, probably one of the worst in the PL.
You have to believe you can do it, I don't think they do?
Allas nor do I. :(

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

if scum can beat them we can, but can't see it tbh. can easily see a complete implosion for rest of season now even against soton. to lose 2 consecutive 2 goal leads when in total control, especially against west ham show we are mentally fooked imo.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Oh dear. :? :lol:

Michael Oliver has been appointed referee for Arsenal’s away match against Manchester City next Wednesday, with David Coote on VAR.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:59 pm
Oh dear. :? :lol:

Michael Oliver has been appointed referee for Arsenal’s away match against Manchester City next Wednesday, with David Coote on VAR.
Confirmation if it was needed that a proper brownholing is on the cards :cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

All the refs are awful and all the VAR officials are on an official FA sponsored mission to keep fucking it up as badly as possible so we eventually concede to the cretins and go back to dumbed down sport. Wouldn't matter who was selected for this or any of our games. Antony Taylor is probably the only one I've got a modicum of respect for but even he wouldn't he spared by the FA saboteurs

I actually think we will probably end up having some decent spells in the game like we did in the cup. But ultimately we don't have the players with the right levels of composure and belief to win or draw the game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:25 pm
All the refs are awful and all the VAR officials are on an official FA sponsored mission to keep fucking it up as badly as possible so we eventually concede to the cretins and go back to dumbed down sport. Wouldn't matter who was selected for this or any of our games. Antony Taylor is probably the only one I've got a modicum of respect for but even he wouldn't he spared by the FA saboteurs

I actually think we will probably end up having some decent spells in the game like we did in the cup. But ultimately we don't have the players with the right levels of composure and belief to win or draw the game.
Oh SteveO SteveO muddafuckah.... :D :wink:

We have had this conversation two million times and we are having it again mate! :box: :wink:

VAR cannot work because it is not fit for purpose. There is no sabotage. It just does not work. And the reason it does not work is because it relies on a human being to make the decision. And indeed the same human beings that get the decisions wrong on the pitch: referees!

It's not an anti technology Luddite thing. There is a limited role for technology in football. A microchip in a football can tell a referee if the ball crossed the line. That is superb use of technology. It takes out the fallible human being and is instant. It works.

But some fuckwit sitting in a room miles away watching video replays and making the game slow and boring like poxy rugby does not work. It has sucked the joy out of goal celebrations and it still gets half the decisions wrong!

I believe, like myself, you work in project management. Am I right? :rubchin: If you do, and you were to run an honest cost-benefit analysis on VAR, you'd drop it tomorrow.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:31 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:25 pm

Oh SteveO SteveO muddafuckah.... :D :wink:

We have had this conversation two million times and we are having it again mate! :box: :wink:

VAR cannot work because it is not fit for purpose. There is no sabotage. It just does not work. And the reason it does not work is because it relies on a human being to make the decision. And indeed the same human beings that get the decisions wrong on the pitch: referees!

It's not an anti technology Luddite thing. There is a limited role for technology in football. A microchip in a football can tell a referee if the ball crossed the line. That is superb use of technology. It takes out the fallible human being and is instant. It works.

But some fuckwit sitting in a room miles away watching video replays and making the game slow and boring like poxy rugby does not work. It has sucked the joy out of goal celebrations and it still gets half the decisions wrong!

I believe, like myself, you work in project management. Am I right? :rubchin: If you do, and you were to run an honest cost-benefit analysis on VAR, you'd drop it tomorrow.
We will have to respectfully disagree Scary Irish Man :D

When someone apologises because "they forgot to draw the lines on", do you honestly expect me to believe that's someone applying VAR honestly and that it's just human interpretation. The bloke had one job and forgot to draw the lines on :D

That's like working for an airline and saying we forgot to bring the pilot today. Knew there was something....silly me...oops I forgot to do the one job i had

Nobody is searching for 100 pc perfection. The silly drawing of lines to determine if someone's toenail is 2mm offside is crass.

However, watch the way VAR is applied in European competitions, World Cups etc and try to find a fraction of the controversies that our own wonderful FA governed PL manage to come up with

The FA never wanted it to work and have done an amazing job convincing people that it can't. Literally no other leagues in the world spend as much time bemoaning it like we do. Nobody else spends 5 minutes looking at 26 different angles.

It's pathetic, deliberate and more precise technology exists in other less rich sports where decisions can be made at 100mph and within a matter of seconds, with margins measured in millimetres. English football has never wanted it. We prefer a middle aged fat man with two duffers on the touchline trying to keep up with professional athletes half their age and who can run twice as quickly with zero assistance.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I have this feeling we might just see a performance for the ages from us and that we'll win this.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:58 am
I have this feeling we might just see a performance for the ages from us and that we'll win this.
You’ve more chance of getting a soapy t!t w@nk from Mother Teresa than we have of winning away at Citeh in a title decider, with Holding in the team.