Newcastle United (A) | PL | Sun 7/5/2023 | KO 16:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sean

Newcastle United (A) | PL | Sun 7/5/2023 | KO 16:30

Post by Sean »

This is a big game. They've had a good season, but we need a win to have even a slither of a chance (lol) :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Re: Newcastle United (A) | PL | Sun 7/5/2023 | KO 16:30

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Sean wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 8:55 pm
This is a big game. They've had a good season, but we need a win to have even a slither of a chance (lol) :barscarf:
Must play Fabio Vieira and Rob Holding to give us even a sniff of victory.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:36 pm
Sean wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 8:55 pm
Must NOT play Fabio Vieira and Rob Holding to give us even a sniff of victory.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

City can afford to draw 2 games with their goal difference. Anything but a win and it really is game over

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Really if the league was not so shit this year they wouldn't be so high up as their team is somewhat bang average...Joe willock running the midfield for example. (Appreciate same applies to us)

Isak looks a decent player (one we should have signed imo as will only get better unike jesus) and they play to their system well. Greater than the sum of their parts but really we should be beating them.but given our mental issues I only see a magpies win.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

the playing mantis wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:05 am
Really if the league was not so shit this year they wouldn't be so high up as their team is somewhat bang average...Joe willock running the midfield for example. (Appreciate same applies to us)

Isak looks a decent player (one we should have signed imo as will only get better unike jesus) and they play to their system well. Greater than the sum of their parts but really we should be beating them.but given our mental issues I only see a magpies win.
I’d take their central defence over our’s. Add A fit Saliba into it and we’d be winning the League.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I can only see a limp and tame/pathetic surrender here :cry: Our lot will wilt in the atmosphere up there :( 3 or 4-1

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Just think if we’d beaten either West Ham or Saints. I’d have taken a loss away to Liverpool and then two wins. We’d have an extra 3 points even having lost an extra game. Still troubles me how we blew this title. Unforgiveable.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

whilst I was very confident last night the opposite applies here.

I just can't see us getting even a point up there - we couldnt even score against this lot at the Emirates!
They will be City's main challengers in the years to come.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Leeds will beat citeh by some cataclysmic fluke (with Allthepies being hailed as a genius) offering us a distant sniff of the sweet vagina that is the PL title, but of course we'll just prematurely and limply blow our load all over a fat Geordie slag with tits around her knees and lose 1-0. :oops:

Yep, the pessimism is back just a tad. :lol: :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:58 am
Leeds will beat citeh by some cataclysmic fluke (with Allthepies being hailed as a genius) offering us a distant sniff of the sweet vagina that is the PL title, but of course we'll just prematurely and limply blow our load all over a fat Geordie slag with tits around her knees and lose 1-0. :oops:

Yep, the pessimism is back just a tad. :lol: :wink:
Are you talking from experience? :lol:

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

The bookies have it as even stevens which is a bit odd given that as far as I can see they’ve only lost at home once the whole season - when Pope got a very early red against Liverpool, and we are wobbling. It would take something special for us to get three points here. But I reckon we will hopefully be fired up enough to put on a decent performace but doubt we have enough defensive toughness/game management for a win. 2-2 or a narrow defeat for me.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 10:46 am
Just think if we’d beaten either West Ham or Saints. I’d have taken a loss away to Liverpool and then two wins. We’d have an extra 3 points even having lost an extra game. Still troubles me how we blew this title. Unforgiveable.
If you’re being super generous you can even call the WH game just one of those days with the missed pen. But I agree Southampton was unforgivable. Watching back that first goal cockup between Ramsdale and Zinchenko (who was stupidly asking for the ball to be played between two forwards) absolutely shocking.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

cameron326 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 12:29 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
If you’re being super generous you can even call the WH game just one of those days with the missed pen. But I agree Southampton was unforgivable. Watching back that first goal cockup between Ramsdale and Zinchenko (who was stupidly asking for the ball to be played between two forwards) absolutely shocking.
Zinchenko has been utterly shite for weeks now :cry:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

cameron326 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 12:29 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
the fact that we have dropped 4 points to Southampton this season is shocking when you consider they are now adrift at the bottom of the league!
however although we have had missed opportunities in the past month you can also argue that we gained 2 points with Nelson's last minute winner v Bournemouth!

end of the day - City are the best team in the league by far