Help From Irish Members on here

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Natural Born Gooner

Help From Irish Members on here

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Sorry for posting a thread but wanted to get this out there for any Dubliners or Irish Arsenal posters on here to help.

My uncle has gone missing in Dublin so just wanted to spread the word and hopefully get him home safely.

Any help on Social media or getting the wrd out would be immensely appreciated. He's the soundest man I know and his family are worried sick.

https://www.thejournal.ie/missing-perso ... 4-May2023/
GARDAÍ HAVE APPEALED to the public for assistance in tracing the whereabouts of 81-year-old Joe Scally.

He has been missing from his home in the Tonlegee Road area of Raheny, Dublin 5, since Wednesday.

Scally is described as being around 5’ 11″ in height, of strong build, and with short grey hair.

When last seen, he was wearing a black puffer jacket and dark coloured trousers.

Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact Coolock Garda Station 01 666 4200, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111, or any Garda Station.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Help From Irish Members on here

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Hope you find your uncle safe and well NBG

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yes. I hope he is found Safe & Well NBG. 🙏

Keep Us Up-dated Mate.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 11:34 am
Sorry for posting a thread but wanted to get this out there for any Dubliners or Irish Arsenal posters on here to help.

My uncle has gone missing in Dublin so just wanted to spread the word and hopefully get him home safely.

Any help on Social media or getting the wrd out would be immensely appreciated. He's the soundest man I know and his family are worried sick.

https://www.thejournal.ie/missing-perso ... 4-May2023/
GARDAÍ HAVE APPEALED to the public for assistance in tracing the whereabouts of 81-year-old Joe Scally.

He has been missing from his home in the Tonlegee Road area of Raheny, Dublin 5, since Wednesday.

Scally is described as being around 5’ 11″ in height, of strong build, and with short grey hair.

When last seen, he was wearing a black puffer jacket and dark coloured trousers.

Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact Coolock Garda Station 01 666 4200, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111, or any Garda Station.
That's no problem NBG. I'll sticky it so it stays at the top of the thread list. I hope you find him safe and well, buddy.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Hope you get him home safely . Late nights in big cities are not what they u.sed to be.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Hope he's found safe, I see a post on my FB page,NBG is your Uncle originally from CastlePollard in Co Westmeath ?

Natural Born Gooner

Thanks guys. No word or sightings yet and we're so awfully worried.

Yes that's right McD, the family are from close to Castlepollard, between there and Oldcastle.

Natural Born Gooner

No news since the weekend, and now they're starting to wind down the search after the coastguards, search parties and drones have scouted the Dollymount and Howth (where the last sighting was) areas with no luck.

Thanks for any well wishes, prayers or social media help.

@DB10. You can take it off sticky and move to a different part of the forum now if you wish.

He was the best man you could ever meet and like a second dad, and now we just want to find something so there's closure for the family and give him a send off that he so deserves.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I feel so sad for you and your family mate. I'm sorry this has happened. :cry:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Wed May 10, 2023 7:44 am
No news since the weekend, and now they're starting to wind down the search after the coastguards, search parties and drones have scouted the Dollymount and Howth (where the last sighting was) areas with no luck.

@DB10. You can take it off sticky and move to a different part of the forum now if you wish.

He was the best man you could ever meet and like a second dad, and now we just want to find something so there's closure for the family and give him a send off that he so deserves.

That’s awful mate :(

Sending best wishes and thoughts to you and his family

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wed May 10, 2023 7:44 am

Jesus, I'm so sorry to hear that mate. Your poor family must be overwhelmed with worry and sadness at this stage.