Brighton BE H Sun 14th May KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Brighton BE H Sun 14th May KO 430pm

Post by robbo10 »

Outcoached and outplayed,zero excuses

Sean

Post by Sean »

What a load of bollocks. I knew this would be a banana-skin.

Having learned my lesson from recent matches, I totally bypassed Sky Sports for USA Network. I don't want to hear the positive discrimination of enforced female commentators. Shitty stream though; constant refreshing.

Ødegaard put a good chance wide. It was disappointing that Martinelli had to come off injured after twenty minutes. Good run and shot from Trossard, but deflected onto the top of the crossbar. Saka and Ødegaard miss chances in stoppage time. A frustrating first half.

Typical Arsenal to concede. Immensely frustrating. Nice shot from Nelson, but just wide. Brighton was very frustrating for us. Shite second half, just like the first half. Ramsdale lobbed late in the game to make it 2-0. The third goal is the final insult. Fuck off. I'm hoping to get Football Manager 2023 soon, so I can try to do better than this shower of cùnts.

Just as well that I had a few extra cans during this game and ordered some take-away. If only I had one of OneBard's birds from the basement thread as well. This game was such a terrible disappointment :suicide:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So fucking angry with the performance. Everyone shit the bed as they have been for weeks now. They’re spineless c.unts :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 5:28 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 5:22 pm
Sun May 14, 2023 5:20 pm
Spectacular return to what we are all used to. :lol:

We’ve either chucked it, or we really just couldn’t be arsed. Haven’t looked bothered at all.

Pathetic.
We've been like this since Anfield. Just looked half arsed mostly. Nothing like a team plowing head first towards a trophy.
You’re not wrong. I’ve always loathed him, but I will NEVER forgive Clive for what he did at Anfield. We mentally lost it right there and then, cause of him.
Absolutely. We'll get a couple Clive fanboys on here defending him but he is a cùnt that is held up as a leader and he showed what a childish selfish cûnt he really is that day.

Of course he was not the only problem. We have been rubbish since but that was where the rot started that was where we bottled it.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Embarrassing, pathetic, no balls bottlers.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Micha Richards spot on we played with ball the intensity of a pre season friendly. Embarrassing.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

What anyone with half an ounce of sense and experience of watching Arsenal knew was written from the day we blew up at Anfield. We’ve bottled it. Even with City’s riches this team aren’t title winners. This run is solid mid table crap.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

And I'm supposed to be chuffed about us being back in the CL apparently :roll:

We were massive bottlers in that cup under the senile old fool, and his protege hasn't learnt how to win a knockout tie in the EL, let alone the biggest cup of them all. Third seeds for that, with a team that folds on the spot if it misses a 21 year old centre half for a few games

I couldn't give a shit if any of them stay or leave - truly. Cowards to a man.

This wasn't an all guns blazing effort where we were undone by a worldie or a heroic goalkeeping display. This was being torn to ribbons by the side who just got thumped 1-5 by Everton.

Exactly the same performance as when we lost to Newcastle last season. Gripped by fear and playing like they're wearing concrete boots.

Another team of Arsenal bottlers to carry on the trend of the last 15 years. The best of the losers this season, and in games where it mattered at the business end of the season, found wanting just like the Songs, Walcotts and Denilsons that started the whole trend back then. Yellow bellied losers, content with qualifying for a competition they'll never win

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

A shame as that result alone plus Southampton has undermined any claim that we have become contenders. Those results show what we really are. Top 4 contenders and nothing more.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Imagine Martin Keown lying down in his own 6 yard box to allow the opposition player a free goal. Fuck Cygan wouldn’t do it.

Another cowardly pussy shit defender to add to the multitude we’ve had down the years. As I already said ducked the ball from a corner on his debut in the Europa then pulled that shit today.

Fucking coward should never play again. Weka yellow spineless bastard :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 5:45 pm
Imagine Martin Keown lying down in his own 6 yard box to allow the opposition player a free goal. Fuck Cygan wouldn’t do it.

Another cowardly pussy shit defender to add to the multitude we’ve had down the years. As I already said ducked the ball from a corner on his debut in the Europa then pulled that shit today.

Fucking coward should never play again. Weka yellow spineless bastard :banghead:
Its not just centre half though is it? Its the entire spine of the team and total lack of leadership that has been there for 15 years, maybe slightly longer. I've never seen an Arsenal team win a PL without natural leaders in the team - leaders, plural! We don't have any at all

Honestly, its embarrassing and I'm afraid the blame for that lies with the manager. The team wilts when it matters most.

City won today because they were able to whether the Goodison storm - Rodri (much as I hate the bastard) was an absolute beast. Walker was in there winning every last ditch tackle. Then their great attacking players take the game away from the opposition, but if it was just the Fodens and Grealishes without those big leaders, they'd still be absolutely spineless. We literally don't have a single player I'd want to rely on when the chips are down

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 5:22 pm
Sun May 14, 2023 5:20 pm
Spectacular return to what we are all used to. :lol:

We’ve either chucked it, or we really just couldn’t be arsed. Haven’t looked bothered at all.

Pathetic.
We've been like this since Anfield. Just looked half arsed mostly. Nothing like a team plowing head first towards a trophy.
And we all know who it was that started that fucking Avalanche don't we....

The sooner that swissCunt is gone the better and take a few more with you.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 6:22 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 5:45 pm

Its not just centre half though is it? Its the entire spine of the team and total lack of leadership that has been there for 15 years, maybe slightly longer. I've never seen an Arsenal team win a PL without natural leaders in the team - leaders, plural! We don't have any at all

Honestly, its embarrassing and I'm afraid the blame for that lies with the manager. The team wilts when it matters most.

City won today because they were able to whether the Goodison storm - Rodri (much as I hate the bastard) was an absolute beast. Walker was in there winning every last ditch tackle. Then their great attacking players take the game away from the opposition, but if it was just the Fodens and Grealishes without those big leaders, they'd still be absolutely spineless. We literally don't have a single player I'd want to rely on when the chips are down
You have to earn the right to play. We regularly don’t do that. And then we get picked off.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Was just looking at the odds for Man City to beat Madrid, thinking of putting a bit of jinx money on them - Man City are 2/9 to progress against Madrid next week. IE, £100 on them gets you about £120 back. 4/6 to win the whole thing. Crazy. I don’t even think Madrid at their absolute peak would be such short odds. Will be lol if they fuck it up but hard to see it, they’re a ducking machine.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

@steveo

Agree we are still far too nice. But no need to throw out everything. We’ve got some great talent in Saka, Martinelli. Odegard, and Saliba. Absolute quality stuff. And we’ve got plenty of useful squad options that shouldn’t be playing week in and out but are useful to keep around - Zinchenko, Jorginho, White, Tomiyasu. But the rest of the first XI places other than those four need to be up for grabs - Ramsdale, Jesus, Gabriel, Xhaka. Not quite good enough for a title winning team. We need to get some decent experienced bastards in to replace.