Forest A Sat 20th May KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Forest A Sat 20th May KO 1730

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 8:27 pm
On the one hand I think they’re in trouble, the league have been what? 10+ years preparing this case against them now. They must be damn sure they’ve everything locked and loaded and that a guilty verdict will be returned.

Then on the other hand I look at how city shit all over UEFA when they went after them and start to think that no matter how tight their neck appears to be in the noose their lawyers will just find a way out. Money well spent.
If I was a betting man I would say they get a title stripped. Some points deductions. A transfer ban. But the horse has bolted long ago and they are now “self sufficient” so I doubt in the long term they will be stopped. They have built the infrastructure and nothing can be done to stop them if they keep winning.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 8:11 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:46 pm
It’s no excuse from me. What’s happened to us is well documented on here over the past 10 or so match threads.

The only point I’m trying to make is can you think of any other sport in the world where a team or individual gets charged with 115 counts of cheating, goes on to hoover up every trophy available to them and the discussion is all about how great they are and how wonderful everything is.

Bizarre.
The man in the street knows they are cheats. Sky are the Premier League’s main cheerleaders. They are never going to criticise the league.

In my line of work I am aware of the workings of the Premier League. They are deadly serious about these charges. a)If they don’t enforce their own regulations the Government will get involved. b)The established big Clubs have lobbied the Premier League to sort City out. The result was the 115 charges which took years to put together. You don’t level this number of charges if you are not serious about enforcing them.

There will be a big court battle but this won’t go away. Far from it. I think City will be found guilty and it will result in the League re-establishing its authority. People who reckon City will get away with it don’t know what they are talking about it.
This is a test of the Premier League as a viable and trustworthy product for whatever that entails. Over the last 30-40 years, football has become more litigious and for a long time, the powers that be didn't know what to do and ended up looking stupid time after time when clubs with more money and better legal teams turned up and destroyed them. This is the test case, the one that might just prove whether football has become the same as wrestling or whether it actually has a real narrative. City are absolutely bang to fucking rights. Like the chavs were but strangely were never properly investiagted. Having said that, if fraud and corruption and war criminals and match-fixing and drug cheating and every other fucking horrible fucking crime, were all ok for years, why does this suddenly matter?

KingHenry

Post by KingHenry »

A team chasing the title picks up 9 points out of 24 in its last 8 games and we are told they are not bottlers. We were out of every cup on the 16th March. We had one game a week while City were in the CL and the FA cup. The season ended in a whimper

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

City will get a limp slap on the wrist; a hefty fine and a year long transfer ban at most. It won’t mean anything.

KingHenry

Post by KingHenry »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 8:34 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
It’s no excuse from me. What’s happened to us is well documented on here over the past 10 or so match threads.

The only point I’m trying to make is can you think of any other sport in the world where a team or individual gets charged with 115 counts of cheating, goes on to hoover up every trophy available to them and the discussion is all about how great they are and how wonderful everything is.

Bizarre.
The man in the street knows they are cheats. Sky are the Premier League’s main cheerleaders. They are never going to criticise the league.

In my line of work I am aware of the workings of the Premier League. They are deadly serious about these charges. a)If they don’t enforce their own regulations the Government will get involved. b)The established big Clubs have lobbied the Premier League to sort City out. The result was the 115 charges which took years to put together. You don’t level this number of charges if you are not serious about enforcing them.

There will be a big court battle but this won’t go away. Far from it. I think City will be found guilty and it will result in the League re-establishing its authority. People who reckon City will get away with it don’t know what they are talking about it.
This is a test of the Premier League as a viable and trustworthy product for whatever that entails. Over the last 30-40 years, football has become more litigious and for a long time, the powers that be didn't know what to do and ended up looking stupid time after time when clubs with more money and better legal teams turned up and destroyed them. This is the test case, the one that might just prove whether football has become the same as wrestling or whether it actually has a real narrative. City are absolutely bang to fucking rights. Like the chavs were but strangely were never properly investiagted. Having said that, if fraud and corruption and war criminals and match-fixing and drug cheating and every other fucking horrible fucking crime, were all ok for years, why does this suddenly matter?

And if a rich Arab owner made an offer to the Kroenke's to buy Arsenal you would be against it? No you wouldnt.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Thynker wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:38 pm
I haven't seen the game but have seen the lineup.
Please tell me if I have this correct.

A guy who had been poor on CDM and was dropped played at RB where he's never played before.
Our first choice RB this season started at RCB in place of a guy who had played well there in recent weeks. That guy,bought for LCB actually played at LB and an ACTUAL left back was sat on the bench.
Have I got that right?
:lol:

Incredible and outrageous as it sounds, yes, yes you have. :shock:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

KingHenry wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 8:42 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 8:34 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Bizarre.

And if a rich Arab owner made an offer to the Kroenke's to buy Arsenal you would be against it? No you wouldnt.
I'd probably feel disappointed and even if we won everything there was to win, they'd always be that bit of me that thought "yes, but it was the money."

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ - Have we scored yet ?? :barscarf: :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 4:49 pm
Next up it's Forest at theirs.They are fighting for their lives and our season looks all over now watching us here :cry: 1-0 Forest.
My opening post :cry: I wish to fuck I'd put a tenner on :oops: We were fucking awful :cry: it's like that arsepiece Wenger has never left us :rubchin: Next season with the added rigours of Champs lge :rubchin: it could get a bit Lionel :cry: I'm thinking 5th or 6th with some early cup exits and some champs lge brownholings flung in for good measure :cry:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 9:56 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 4:49 pm
Next up it's Forest at theirs.They are fighting for their lives and our season looks all over now watching us here :cry: 1-0 Forest.
My opening post :cry: I wish to fuck I'd put a tenner on :oops: We were fucking awful :cry: it's like that arsepiece Wenger has never left us :rubchin: Next season with the added rigours of Champs lge :rubchin: it could get a bit Lionel :cry: I'm thinking 5th or 6th with some early cup exits and some champs lge brownholings flung in for good measure :cry:
The resident short arse on here reckons we are certainties to start a dynasty. Don’t pop his balloon with the realities of supporting this side. This squad has all the fight of an Italian tank regiment. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Fuck the lot of them

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

https://theathletic.com/4537551/2023/05 ... ity-title/

Incredible journey, learned so much, need time to heal??

Firstly, you have learned nothing. You were league leaders, then lost week after week after week in the run in. If you have learned anything it is that you lack self belief, bottle and inner strength. And that Wengers methods belong in the 1990's.

Secondly I suggest you finish the season before your heroes crawl away to "heal" And that "healing" will probably be on a yacht in the Med surrounding by a bevy of bikini girls and bottles of champagne.

This was our Leicester moment......they got there, we didn't. In fact, it could be argued that we were the only side, not rebuilding or in transition, that were capable of stopping Leicester and winning it ourselves, but again, we didn't.

Although, it can also be said that for the last 12 years of Wengers tenure, we were in a permanent state of transition or rebuilding. Transition actually, he never built anything, he certainly never left anything. Except an absolute bonfire of deadwood that took almost 5 years to get rid of. With Xhaka still there like dog shit you cannot get off your shoe.

All our younger fans think we'll kick on from here and it will be a 2 horse race for the next few years. It won't, with Arteta in charge, we'll be scrapping for Top 4 from here on out.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Only Arsenal can look like title winners and then 8 games later look like they have actually regressed season on season. The capitulation here is unprecedented. The fact Arteta is giving the squad a pass on this is so so concerning. What the actual fuck has happened?? It is a disgrace and all people can talk about is how well we started. I’d go as far as to say I would prefer we had started poorly and then finished like a train to nab fourth. We’d at least be carrying some momentum into next season.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Arteta remains the problem. We have 3 or 4 weak links in the team and I don't think he sees it that way. I don't think he sees much at all to be honest. He's copied Pep with a little bit of Wenger thrown in for bad measure. A bit of a con really!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I can't believe anyone truly believes that this whole legally unenforceable FFP shite is going to come to the rescue! Stick to playing dungeons and dragons, or watching Marvel films if you really want your fix of fantasy land!

Never ever ever going to happen !!