Forest A Sat 20th May KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Forest A Sat 20th May KO 1730

Post by robbo10 »

augie wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:57 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:38 pm
I haven't seen the game but have seen the lineup.
Please tell me if I have this correct.

A guy who had been poor on CDM and was dropped played at RB where he's never played before.
Our first choice RB this season started at RCB in place of a guy who had played well there in recent weeks. That guy,bought for LCB actually played at LB and an ACTUAL left back was sat on the bench.
Have I got that right?

I make you correct - mind boggling shit from the clueless basque clown :censored: :censored:
Tierney must have been texting his agent from the dressing room

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

And Smith - Rowe will be talking to Emery too , whether he understands him or not.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:59 pm
Did the sheikh buy sky? Fucking hell they’re absolutely orgasmic.
Is it "Great for the league" in the same way that the Russian war criminal, child trafficker was "great for the league?" They don't realise just how much nearly every football supporter hates them and can't wait for Apple or Netflix or Amazon or whoever to end them.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:35 pm
82% possession makes us the real winners :barscarf:

Ah yes, as SteveO will tell you, that’s called “illusory domination”.

Mikel will be getting a pat on the head from Uncle Arsene.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The team that’s just won the league has 115 charges of cheating labelled against them and nobody’s mentioned it.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:15 pm
The team that’s just won the league has 115 charges of cheating labelled against them and nobody’s mentioned it.
Which one of those charges caused us to blow up like we have done?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I’m too lazy to look this up, but it appears that our collapse coincided with Jesus coming back. I can’t recall exactly what his first game back was, but I’d like to see the stats for our performances since he returned.

I’m no fan of Eddie’s, who is a Championship striker imo, but Jesus has added the sum total of fuck all since coming back. As others have said, spends half the time on his arse crying to the referee.

I said it when we bought him, he’s not what we need. We need a clinical goalscorer and he’ll never be that. You could rotate him with both Odegaard and Trossard, because they’re similar, small, technically good, number 10 types. It seems that Arteta is following the same plan as Wenger with these types of players (and then there’s the 12 year old Vieira :roll: ).

We need a proper fucking striker.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:23 pm
I’m too lazy to look this up, but it appears that our collapse coincided with Jesus coming back. I can’t recall exactly what his first game back was, but I’d like to the stats for our performances since he returned.

I’m no fan of Eddie’s, who is a Championship striker imo, but Jesus has added the sum total of fuck all since coming back. As others have said, spends half the time on his arse crying to the referee.

I said it when we bought him, he’s not what we need. We need a clinical goalscorer and he’ll never be that. You could rotate him with both Odegaard and Trossard, because they’re similar, small, technically good, number 10 types. It seems that Arteta is following the same plan as Wenger with these types of players (and then there’s the 12 year old Vieira :roll: ).

We need a proper fucking striker.
Exactly right. Offers precisely nothing.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:22 pm
rodders999 wrote:
None but don’t you think it’s strange?

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:28 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:22 pm
rodders999 wrote:
None but don’t you think it’s strange?
It’s a joke. But Sky are not going to criticise their own product are they? Sky is a carefully marketed outfit. Football was boring before they took it over. They made it sexy. They don’t rock the boat. That’s the opposite of what they are set up to do.

Let‘s be straight. We had a good run and then imploded worse than any title challenger in English history. What is it now? 9 points from the last 24. It is sickeningly bad. We don’t need to look to City for that. So let’s get our big boy pants on and look closer to home for why we blew the league. Excuses and looking elsewhere won’t strengthen us. It makes us look like cry babies. Which is what we are. Man up. And move on.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It’s no excuse from me. What’s happened to us is well documented on here over the past 10 or so match threads.

The only point I’m trying to make is can you think of any other sport in the world where a team or individual gets charged with 115 counts of cheating, goes on to hoover up every trophy available to them and the discussion is all about how great they are and how wonderful everything is.

Bizarre.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 7:46 pm
It’s no excuse from me. What’s happened to us is well documented on here over the past 10 or so match threads.

The only point I’m trying to make is can you think of any other sport in the world where a team or individual gets charged with 115 counts of cheating, goes on to hoover up every trophy available to them and the discussion is all about how great they are and how wonderful everything is.

Bizarre.
The man in the street knows they are cheats. Sky are the Premier League’s main cheerleaders. They are never going to criticise the league.

In my line of work I am aware of the workings of the Premier League. They are deadly serious about these charges. a)If they don’t enforce their own regulations the Government will get involved. b)The established big Clubs have lobbied the Premier League to sort City out. The result was the 115 charges which took years to put together. You don’t level this number of charges if you are not serious about enforcing them.

There will be a big court battle but this won’t go away. Far from it. I think City will be found guilty and it will result in the League re-establishing its authority. People who reckon City will get away with it don’t know what they are talking about it.

chirpy999

Post by chirpy999 »

What will be funny is that Sky will say best league in the world , with Luton/Cov Brentford Brighton Bournemouth Palace Burnley Sheff utd and Fulham, they are full of shit.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

We’re heading for a German type league where Bayern win it every year, give or take, or Scotland where Celtic or Rangers win it for 10 years in a row.
And with Arab money heading for the Geordies and maybe Manure, it’s just gonna carry on. After watching some of the play off games, that’s a more level playing field and more appealing.
And Sky, TalkSPORT, and the BBC will just ignore the rule breaking and carry on spouting ‘the best league in the world’. Load of shite!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

On the one hand I think they’re in trouble, the league have been what? 10+ years preparing this case against them now. They must be damn sure they’ve everything locked and loaded and that a guilty verdict will be returned.

Then on the other hand I look at how city shit all over UEFA when they went after them and start to think that no matter how tight their neck appears to be in the noose their lawyers will just find a way out. Money well spent.