Wolves H Sun 28th May KO 4pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Wolves H Sun 28th May KO 4pm

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

You just know that if it had come down to Brentford beating Man City and us beating Wolves, they'd have won and we'd have drawn nil-nil.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Laughably predictable

Take the Arteta mask off now Arsene - great impression this season. Just like the real thing

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

FUCK THE FUCK OFF :banghead:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Sean wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:26 pm
Of course we won :barscarf:

My usual stream site decided to shit itself with advert hijacks before kick-off, so had to switch to a back-up. No USA Network with Dicko this time, just the standard PL broadcast with Matthew Upson commentating. I'd hoped to see the last of the knee. Fuck off with all that political shit, whatever cause it may be. Sport is supposed to be an escape from that.

Out of position players at full back again. FFS. Wolves had a shaky start, but we failed to capitalise in the opening moments from kick-off. Though after ten minutes, a lovely cross from Jesus (though why was he out on the wing in the first place?) leads to Bonehead heading us into a 1-0 lead in what is hopefully his final game for the club.

Then Saka takes a run into the box, a fortunate backheel from Ødegaard and deflections from Wolves players delivered the ball to Bonehead again to slot in for 2-0. Seems like the classic 'easy win when there's no pressure.' When we are not Banter FC, we become Flat Track Bullies FC.

Saka scores a class goal to make it 3-0. Somehow Kiwior doesn't give away a penalty. Bonehead slices a shot wide. With all this goal action, he seems to be channelling Hollywood Ramsey's desire to be a centre forward, despite being a centre midfielder. Then some suicidal passing around our box, which put our clean sheet at risk.

Our fourth goal was chalked off. Bastards. Trossard has a good run and cross to set up a header from Jesus to make it four (again). Then they finally substitute Saka, who was fouled a lot by Wolves players trying to injure him. We start playing too flash. A great save stops Trossard making it five, with a bullet of a shot.

Post-70th minute substitutions give Bonehead a ridiculously affectionate send off, compete with the 'we want you to stay' chant. Are they fucking nuts? Hopefully his transfer out of the club is agreed soon, despite this. After the infamous incident, which he refused to apologise for, he deserved to be bombed out of the club. Kiwior makes it 5-0, after their goalkeeper spills the shot into his own net. We could have done with those five goals elsewhere on the run-in.

This season was such a shame. Even if it was Arteta's best season as manager by far. I hope we learn from it, but we never seem to with such myopic and stubborn leadership.

UTA :barscarf:
Another good post match assessment of the game mate, could have added in potential last appearances for Tierney and ESR ?

Who knows ? Maybe one of the village people ? 🤠 👮‍♂️ 👷🏼👩🏿‍✈️ 👨🏿‍🚒

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Was it me or did clive do his level best to miss his header, out of all the space available to him he still manages to make a dogs of it and make you think he's just lucky, stil....at least he reverted to type and instead of a hat trick he swung wildly and made a balls of it.

not a hero, not a legend, not inspirational, just an absolute bang average journey man footballer who's conned a lot of people, out the door you go...you will not be missed.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Leeds last 9 games - drew 2 lost 7.

Complete collapse and the cause of the blue vermin staying up.

I’ll never fucking forgive them :twisted:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I don't know what's more predictable, us winning when the pressure is off or two posters who avoided this site like the plague when we were winning only to crawl from under their rocks when we blew it, some idiots are more happy when we lose just to say I told you so, both instances are pathetic :roll:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Same old Arsenal ____taking the piss
But out of who exactly ?

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 6:34 pm

Delighted that dirty Leeds went down. They just about survived last season. Only disappointment is they could have beaten Spurs today.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arteta's teams last day results

Played 4
Won 4
Scored 15
Conceded 3

Look back at the results that preceeded those in all the games that mattered whether we were playing for Conference, EL, CL or title

Sorry if the truth isn't popular but the fact of the matter is that the team has exactly the traits of Wenger's later teams.

How else can anyone account for 18 years of being unbeaten on the final day and 12 straight wins when barely any of them had any bearing barring a couple of top 4s under Lord Wenger. Those are the undisputed facts

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Good win, and a positive end to the season where we've exceeded expectation.

The team deserved a good send off and a chance to show our appreciation in front of a capacity crowd.

Now over to Edu and the recruiting staff. Fuck off Xhaka and the rest of the dross like Pepe, reintegrate ESR ready for preseason (I don't think he's going anywhere), get Salibas contract signed, tell England to do one over Saka for the qualifiers :roll: , and get some decent signings in like Caicedo/Palhinha, a new RB, LB, and a striker.

Trossard should be starting LW next season with Martinelli up front if we don't get a striker. Criminal that he was used less in this run in with Jesus coming back..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:09 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:06 pm
We want you to stay? :shock:
Holy fuck :oops:
I'm literally only getting over that now. How fucking embarrassing. :oops: :oops: We certainly do have a sizeable chunk of our home fans that are complete soccer fanboy mongs. :oops: :roll:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 7:53 pm
Good win, and a positive end to the season where we've exceeded expectation.

The team deserved a good send off and a chance to show our appreciation in front of a capacity crowd.

Now over to Edu and the recruiting staff. Fuck off Xhaka and the rest of the dross like Pepe, reintegrate ESR ready for preseason (I don't think he's going anywhere), get Salibas contract signed, tell England to do one over Saka for the qualifiers :roll: , and get some decent signings in like Caicedo/Palhinha, a new RB, LB, and a striker.

Trossard should be starting LW next season with Martinelli up front if we don't get a striker. Criminal that he was used less in this run in with Jesus coming back..
Trossard and Jorginho playing more matches could have made a difference.

Another good transfer window is needed - hope they deliver.
Will need to be capable of beating City at least once next season to have any realistic chance.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

arrgee wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 7:38 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 6:34 pm

Delighted that dirty Leeds went down. They just about survived last season. Only disappointment is they could have beaten Spurs today.
Blue dipper's luck will run out soon and the cost of that new ground will relegate them in the same way as Sunderland and Derby and Middlesbrough and all the others apart from us. Hopefully we can add the scum to that list in time too. Leeds are a bunch of racist thug scum and the media fawning over them three years ago with that shellsuit chav grandad on his fucking bucket and all that bollox was just sickening. Fuck them and fuck Leicester too. Bollox to that smug cúnt Lineker and that fucking trampy cúnt Vardy. Piss off down the leagues where you all belong.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

If you look at the last 9 games and the points that we objectively should or might have been expected to pick up - It comes to arguably 20.
Basically six wins, two draws away at Newcastle and Liverpool, and defeat to Man City. So 20 as opposed to the 12 we actually got. Then you compare that to City’s total - and then also give them the 3 points today where they put out a reserve team. That ends up with us and them both on 92 points, with them probably winning it on goal difference. Anyway, I’m not disputing that we flopped, bottled or whatever else you want to call it. The nature of the collapse invited mockery, but at the same time we were never really favourites - a fact recognised by the bookies who ony had us as favourites for a week or so of the whole season, if no one else. What disappointed me was that we couldn’t at least take it to the last couple of weeks.