Wolves H Sun 28th May KO 4pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Wolves H Sun 28th May KO 4pm

Post by augie »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:15 am
augie wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:48 am
Thynker wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 10:34 pm
Sure every other team will be better but so will we.
City will still win it next year but for the first time in many years we beat Liverpool, United, Chelsea (twice), Spurs (twice), Newcastle.

Yes we fell short this year but from where we were last year we've been so much better. Arteta made mistakes, who hasn't. How long has it taken Pep to be in verge of CL glory and that failure has been down to Pep mistakes.

Have a bit of faith people.

You gotta be honest buddy if you are going to bring up facts like this - yes we have improved and yes we have beaten those teams, BUT make no mistake, with the exception of the geordies those teams have been very poor this season. I would love to know why you are so confident that we will be better next season - for starters there is the very real possibility that this end of season collapse will haunt us at the start of next season, but while I accept that getting rid of the swiss c.unt will improve us, I'm not as confident that our purchases will do the same. Our key players are still all pre-arteta signings, and given the amount of players he brought to the club (and the money he has spent), that is a shocking indictment on his recruitment. By the end of the season most fans were questioning the impact of jesus and zinchenko, whilst his captain continues to go awol in the big games - I'm not confident that him and edu will buy the players needed, and being linked with the likes of rice, mount and vlahovic is not helping my confidence
Some of those key players though Augie are players that have improved under his tenure you cant deny that. Odegaard has been great this season but he needs better protection when they try to bully him ,he certainly showed up away to Newcastle, you cant deny his talent . Im a massive Smith rowe fan like you but I think you hold a grudge against our captain because of his ommision ,I may be wrong.

George Graham and Wenger inherited good players and built on their foundations as well , We have taken another step forward this year but the next window and season will answer a lot of questions for all of us I think.

Arteta for me needs to improve his in game management and squad rotation which both come down to the same thing trusting your squad as i stated in another post.

I wont deny you are partially right on that because as I have said before. my preference is always to bring through homegrown players IF they are good enough (which smith-rowe def is). However my belief also is that when you have a forward line devoid of physical strength and dependent on pace and trickery, then you need to get the ball to them fast and early, and imo odeargod slows our game down by taking far too many touches before releasing the ball

Midz

Post by Midz »

Have we still got to play this match? It's like the season was over a couple weeks ago.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Midz wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:33 pm
Have we still got to play this match? It's like the season was over a couple weeks ago.
It was,we brought the coffin out at Anfield, climbed into it against WH, Southampton closed the lid and City nailed it shut. Incredibly though, we still weren't done.......no Siree, further humiliation followed at home and then away, with a hope raising win sandwiched between those 2 embarrassments, against Newcastle. Swashbuckling, "turned the corner" win coming up against Wolves. Can't wait zzzzzzzzzzzzz

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 12:29 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 10:15 am
augie wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:48 am
Thynker wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 10:34 pm
Sure every other team will be better but so will we.
City will still win it next year but for the first time in many years we beat Liverpool, United, Chelsea (twice), Spurs (twice), Newcastle.

Yes we fell short this year but from where we were last year we've been so much better. Arteta made mistakes, who hasn't. How long has it taken Pep to be in verge of CL glory and that failure has been down to Pep mistakes.

Have a bit of faith people.

You gotta be honest buddy if you are going to bring up facts like this - yes we have improved and yes we have beaten those teams, BUT make no mistake, with the exception of the geordies those teams have been very poor this season. I would love to know why you are so confident that we will be better next season - for starters there is the very real possibility that this end of season collapse will haunt us at the start of next season, but while I accept that getting rid of the swiss c.unt will improve us, I'm not as confident that our purchases will do the same. Our key players are still all pre-arteta signings, and given the amount of players he brought to the club (and the money he has spent), that is a shocking indictment on his recruitment. By the end of the season most fans were questioning the impact of jesus and zinchenko, whilst his captain continues to go awol in the big games - I'm not confident that him and edu will buy the players needed, and being linked with the likes of rice, mount and vlahovic is not helping my confidence
Some of those key players though Augie are players that have improved under his tenure you cant deny that. Odegaard has been great this season but he needs better protection when they try to bully him ,he certainly showed up away to Newcastle, you cant deny his talent . Im a massive Smith rowe fan like you but I think you hold a grudge against our captain because of his ommision ,I may be wrong.

George Graham and Wenger inherited good players and built on their foundations as well , We have taken another step forward this year but the next window and season will answer a lot of questions for all of us I think.

Arteta for me needs to improve his in game management and squad rotation which both come down to the same thing trusting your squad as i stated in another post.

I wont deny you are partially right on that because as I have said before. my preference is always to bring through homegrown players IF they are good enough (which smith-rowe def is). However my belief also is that when you have a forward line devoid of physical strength and dependent on pace and trickery, then you need to get the ball to them fast and early, and imo odeargod slows our game down by taking far too many touches before releasing the ball
I believe they could play togethet but I dint think Arteta does, he has to play him Sunday, nothing to lose.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Not sure the win is coming against Wolves, Saka, Trossard and Nelson are out so we are a leetle bit short up front!
The mighty Vieira will be there to save us though...... :roll:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Enjoy the match if you're gonna watch it. It will be a glorious day for the packed stadium, the sun will be shining and there'll be plenty of smiles. What will be sadly lacking is the presentation of the PL trophy. I wish Arsenal good luck and hope they win.
We have improved greatly this season and hopefully will continue to do so in the next.

Like the rest of you I'm disappointed in our falling short but they're still our Arsenal and I still love 'em. :D

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Midz wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 8:04 am
Enjoy the match if you're gonna watch it. It will be a glorious day for the packed stadium, the sun will be shining and there'll be plenty of smiles. What will be sadly lacking is the presentation of the PL trophy. I wish Arsenal good luck and hope they win.
We have improved greatly this season and hopefully will continue to do so in the next.

Like the rest of you I'm disappointed in our falling short but they're still our Arsenal and I still love 'em. :D
They deserve a good round of applause for a season that has given us much joy, hope, rekindled the connection with the fans again and we’ve got (rid of) Granit Xhaka :barscarf: :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

KT and arteta must have fallen out.

He'll be gone.

It's a shame.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

📋 Arsenal XI vs. Wolves: Ramsdale, Partey, White, Gabriel, Kiwior, Jorginho, Odegaard, Xhaka, Saka, Trossard, Jesus.

Subs: Turner Tierney, Smith Rowe, Nketiah, Holding, Vieira, Nelson, Bandeira, Walter.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Partey at right back. Kiwior at left back again. What the actual fuck?? :banghead: :banghead:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

We are a team badly lacking that winning character type of player and Arteta is going to let one of the only ones we currently have go for whatever reason.

KT has many league titles , albeit with Celtic in a poor Scottish league I get that but still he has the right mentality/attitude.

Simply must have been a fall out and I hope it comes out why.

We will need a new LB although he will start a player there next season who has cost us in my opinion some of the most important goals of our bottled title bid.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Tierney and Smith Rowe - 2 players that could have been key in the run in and both hardly used….says it all

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

For Tierney and ESR not to get a run out on the last day with nothing to play for is a disgrace.
Partey at right back? WTF?

Selling Tierney will come back to haunt us. He'll certainly make Newcastle better.

Nketiah should also have got an opportunity to stake his claim for next season.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Sad to see no Tierney if it's his last game for us :cry:

Especially with that turd Xhaka getting all the limelight

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Bubble bath and candles on their way.