Wolves H Sun 28th May KO 4pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Wolves H Sun 28th May KO 4pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Big summer needed. War chest will need to be filled up and fully spent. Plus monies from any duds we manage to flog. :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 8:18 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:09 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:06 pm
We want you to stay? :shock:
Holy fuck :oops:
I'm literally only getting over that now. How fucking embarrassing. :oops: :oops: We certainly do have a sizeable chunk of our home fans that are complete soccer fanboy mongs. :oops: :roll:

One or two of them on here - win a meaningless game yesterday and then start to call out "one or two" for negativity lately and accusing them of going awol, yet they were nowhere to be seen when we have been dogshite for the past few weeks. Absolute hypocrite but selective cowardice too - calling out "one or two" is fine and dandy, but there have been loads on here making critical comments. Members like yourself DB10 and Steve O have said much the same for months as the "one or two" this idiot keeps singling out, but yet he is afraid to call them out cos he knows that he will get it back and then some :roll:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:20 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
I'm literally only getting over that now. How fucking embarrassing. :oops: :oops: We certainly do have a sizeable chunk of our home fans that are complete soccer fanboy mongs. :oops: :roll:

One or two of them on here - win a meaningless game yesterday and then start to call out "one or two" for negativity lately and accusing them of going awol, yet they were nowhere to be seen when we have been dogshite for the past few weeks. Absolute hypocrite but selective cowardice too - calling out "one or two" is fine and dandy, but there have been loads on here making critical comments. Members like yourself DB10 and Steve O have said much the same for months as the "one or two" this idiot keeps singling out, but yet he is afraid to call them out cos he knows that he will get it back and then some :roll:
Actually Augie, these days people have a choice. Either sit on a forum that has festered negativity for years, or set up real-time groups on WhatsApp with people you know and have a beer with in real life.

Not a difficult decision is it?

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:59 am
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

Actually Augie, these days people have a choice. Either sit on a forum that has festered negativity for years, or set up real-time groups on WhatsApp with people you know and have a beer with in real life.

Life would be boring as fcuk if everyone had the same opinions, so I am more than comfortable coming on here chatting and debating with other fans whose opinion differs from mine. Check back through history - it isnt me or anyone of a similar mindset who try to rid this forum of people who disagree with us, but rather it is others who seem to feel that theirs is the only opinion that matters and want to force out anybody who doesnt agree with them. I stopped posting for a while cos I was sick of being singled out, but then I thought fcuk it I'm not gonna let one d!ckhead force me off here - I'll leave when I decide

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

nut flush gooner wrote:

Either sit on a forum that has festered negativity for years, or set up real-time groups on WhatsApp with people you know and have a beer with in real life.

A friend of mine set up a WhatsApp group which deteriorated soon enough. Ended with some like me slagging Xhakash!t and others defending him. Ended up leaving group as I couldn’t help but react to all the notifications…

… forums are easier to disengage with from time to time.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Oh hello. I’m old school. That means I can ignore the issues at the Club in some sort of optimism cocoon. The same characters called out the Wenger out mob. We’ve progressed now haven’t we? But this isn’t good enough. The fans will push us on to better things I am sure. This season in the ground the place has been United and the fans have played a big part. More to do next season though.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Let's have a totally sanitized forum where everyone loves the owner, manager, and every single player. Instantly ban anyone who expresses a negative view

Yay, that'll be fun.....

.....said no-one ever

nut flush gooner

augie wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 9:31 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

Life would be boring as fcuk if everyone had the same opinions, so I am more than comfortable coming on here chatting and debating with other fans whose opinion differs from mine. Check back through history - it isnt me or anyone of a similar mindset who try to rid this forum of people who disagree with us, but rather it is others who seem to feel that theirs is the only opinion that matters and want to force out anybody who doesnt agree with them. I stopped posting for a while cos I was sick of being singled out, but then I thought fcuk it I'm not gonna let one d!ckhead force me off here - I'll leave when I decide
No one on whatsapp has the same opinions, just because you are mates doesn't mean there is a narrative that needs to be followed in the group. Quite heated discussions happen too, but at the end of the day everyone's opinion is respected. That generally doesn't happen on forums.

nut flush gooner

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 11:08 am
Let's have a totally sanitized forum where everyone loves the owner, manager, and every single player. Instantly ban anyone who expresses a negative view

Yay, that'll be fun.....

.....said no-one ever
Going on from my previous reply to Augie, trust me there is nothing sanitised about Whatsapp. Nor should it apply to forums, but people are allowed to have different opinions without being branded sheep. That tbh is why I don't bother much with the forum anymore, a great season overall had by the team. Yeah we fell short, and I was fucking devastated for a good few weeks after the West Ham game, could see what was coming but at the end of the day we have punched well above our weight. Arteta isn't beyond criticism, but hand on heart name a manager that could take the club up a level.

If Arteta and Edu can get the recruitment right this summer, we will be well on the way to competing with CIty for quite a few seasons to come. And that doesn't mean recruiting the likes of Tielemans! The club is in a much better place than it was five years ago, good enough for me.
Last edited by nut flush gooner on Mon May 29, 2023 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 11:08 am

Yay, that'll be fun.....

.....said no-one ever
Absolutely. The old "official" Arsenal.com forum banned people for being critical of players. Alot of those banned people ended up on here back in about 2007 - 2009. That forum closed because it was shit and boring after it got to the point where the only posts allowed were "I love Arsenal more than you" and "No I love Arsenal more than you". :roll: :lol:

The owners here never wanted this forum to be anything like the "official" forum and always wanted this forum to have a "pub vibe" with footy talk, banter, dodgy humour etc. In a pub you'll never find everyone agreeing with each other all the time, especially about football.

The amount of people that come on here and get upset if their favourite player gets slagged off is hilarious. Like children. :oops: :lol:

As I always say when they pm me to complain, "the forum is not to everyone's taste. But if you cannot enjoy yourself within the forum as it is, then maybe look for another forum more to your taste, because the forum is not going to change just to suit one member".

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

What always amazes me as well is that people are fine throwing stones at people they dislike. Fuck me, it was tin hat time on here towards the end of Emery's reign and apparently then it was fine to call him every name under the sun, and hell awaits anyone who dares to take a contrary view. However, those same abusers are suddenly bent out of shape if there's any criticism at all for the present team and manager

I have no problem with anyone having whatever view they like but the double standards are beyond belief

nut flush gooner

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 12:29 pm
What always amazes me as well is that people are fine throwing stones at people they dislike. Fuck me, it was tin hat time on here towards the end of Emery's reign and apparently then it was fine to call him every name under the sun, and hell awaits anyone who dares to take a contrary view. However, those same abusers are suddenly bent out of shape if there's any criticism at all for the present team and manager

I have no problem with anyone having whatever view they like but the double standards are beyond belief
Tbh I genuinely don't have a problem with what you say Steve, even if I disagree with it. And that's my point, its hard to disagree with the consensus on here because arguments get heated and personal.

For whatever reason, disagreements on Whatsapp aren't the same even with people who don't know each other personally.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 12:32 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Tbh I genuinely don't have a problem with what you say Steve, even if I disagree with it. And that's my point, its hard to disagree with the consensus on here because arguments get heated and personal.

For whatever reason, disagreements on Whatsapp aren't the same even with people who don't know each other personally.
I agree mate - my experience on most mainstream social is even worse however. Dare disagree on FB and Twitter and at best you'll be called a clown and usually far worse....all because you dare to disagree with someone about a player!

I know there's more than a few on here who are easily irritated by some of the stuff I post whether directly or their thinly veiled barbs. I've gone out of my way to explain the fact that yes I do tend to post more when shit happens- it's my own form of therapy. I joined this forum 15 years ago when I was done with Wenger and it was nice to find people of a like mind, but also have debates with those who didn't see if that way. 15 years on, there's not much respect at all

As for this utter bullshit about "needing to be proved right" or "being happy when we lose", neither of those things apply. Again more than most I've often put my hand up when I've been wrong. If the lazy dipshits could be bothered to read my comments on the Arteta thread they might just find that, but nope that would involve engaging in debate! Also good luck to anyone who can find a single post from me wanting Arsenal to lose in the 20000+ I've posted - wish I could say the same about a good few who used to urge us to lose in the Wenger games for the "greater good". Now that really is having an agenda, and despite my lowest points following this team and detesting Wenger, I never once brought myself to cheer against the Arsenal

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:

That's my feelings too - one or two like to constantly drive the narrative that I am always negative, but there are players at the club that I will defend and support to the hilt, plus at various stages this season I have praised zinchenko, jesus and jorginho and I wasnt in favour of signing any of them originally, but that all gets conveniently forgotten when someone wants to drive a personal agenda on here :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

I have been on here you tool, I've just got you on ignore because you are a first class cunnt :wink: