Another Classic quote from Le Boss

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Another Classic quote from Le Boss

Post by clockender1 »

Arsene at his best - in reply to us being blamed for England being crap :
'If I give you a good wine, first you taste if it's good, then you ask where it comes from.
almost as good as the 'everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife' but not quite. i like the rest too:
'When I sign a player nationality doesn't come into it, it's all about quality,' said Wenger.

'You have to accept we live in a world that is down to quality. The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault, even when I am not at the game.'
i.e. meaning, f*ck off you Boro' twat :lol:

We are so lucky to have such an intelligent and articulate Manager.

C1

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

The overpaid english stars can always hide behind the coach, but for steve gibson to have a pop at Arsenal/ Liverpool about their quota of english players he can read this.
If they were GOOD enough to play at THE Arsenal then they would play. But the national squad can blame us if they want, I pay my season ticket to watch the boys not "The Sun/ Daily Star" elected "World class" dross that fail every time.
Cesc for me very time over loose guts Lennon.

AFC
C'mon

Rilo II

Post by Rilo II »

It's perfectly simple:

English players are far far too highly priced regardless of their ability. The fact that Ashley Young cost Aston Villa pretty much the same as we paid for Mr Henry says it all.

International managers have it difficult. They are limited to who they can play. Clubs are not, so there is absolutly nothing wrong with buying foreigners. If there was a rule change tomorrow and international sides were allowed to use a certain amount of foreign players, bet you bottom dollar that England would be using the full allowance.

This is an arguement that keeps coming back, but it's so straight forward. As Mr Wenger said, you look at quality first, not where someone is from. Arsene needs to build a team that can win trophies. I want playyers at the club who can acheive this. Anyone who says they would sacrafice success on the pitch to have more English players are liars.

gotrek

Post by gotrek »

I agree totally, we pay to see top class football piciking ground sfor the National selections.
If English players were good they should be playing abroad.. which they don't!
Therefore you shouldn't blame local clubs.
Because if a teenage super star appeared in the lower leagues, a EPL or a foreign club will buy, but that happens very rarely in England where as it is a common thing, in france, Brazil, Holland, etc.
The big clubs,including Arsenal are not blame for a bad generation.

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

You're going to Love this backhanded complimented compliment from mr wenger i heard on sky sports news the other day.

AW "Arsenal are not a big club they are a VERY BIG club"
interviewer: "and are spurs a big club?"
AW: "spurs are a big club"

not very big just big. he doesn't give the tabloids a soundbite that they can use to attack him but still manages to piss off the spuds! brilliant.