Kai Havertz

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: Kai Havertz

Post by mcdowell42 »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 3:19 pm
Imagine judging your new signing on a charity competition :lol:
:lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:

Yeah.

Now imagine judging him on three years of underachievement at Chelsea and an unsurprising failure in that volleying competition...which surely says something about his ability? The single worst performance on record. :oops:

Lastly, imagine imagining that anyone is judging him solely on a charity competition (as worrying as his performance was).

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:25 pm
gooner265 wrote:

Yeah.

Now imagine judging him on three years of underachievement at Chelsea and an unsurprising failure in that volleying competition...which surely says something about his ability? The single worst performance on record. :oops:

Lastly, imagine imagining that anyone is judging him solely on a charity competition (as worrying as his performance was).
You just have in your first paragraph :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:40 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
gooner265 wrote:

Yeah.

Sorry, you'll have to explain that. The first paragraph says "Yeah." Do you mean the previous post?

And what have I "just" done?

wibble

Post by wibble »

Just saw a YouTube video. Firstly, wtf is that whole competition about? Secondly, do we get a trophy? :wink:

As much as that friendly competition in itself doesn’t matter , the fact Havertz couldn’t score a single goal without a defender on the pitch is worrying! Happy with the Rice and Timber signings but after 3 poor seasons at Chelsea, this signing just seems bizarre to me. 65 million?!?

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

wibble wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:25 pm
Just saw a YouTube video. Firstly, wtf is that whole competition about? Secondly, do we get a trophy? :wink:

As much as that friendly competition in itself doesn’t matter , the fact Havertz couldn’t score a single goal without a defender on the pitch is worrying! Happy with the Rice and Timber signings but after 3 poor seasons at Chelsea, this signing just seems bizarre to me. 65 million?!?
I’m pretty sure it’s the American soccer equivalent of the World Series, so that makes us world champions 🏆 :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

wibble wrote:

Careful, gooner 265 will think you're judging him purely on a piss poor volleying display....which was frankly shocking for our new 65m man....and with no consideration of his three pony seasons at Chelsea.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:13 pm
wibble wrote:

I’m pretty sure it’s the American soccer equivalent of the World Series, so that makes us world champions 🏆 :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Yessss! Get The Fuck In There! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:34 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
gooner265 wrote:

Yeah.

Lastly, imagine imagining that anyone is judging him solely on a charity competition' (as worrying as his performance was).

Sorry, you'll have to explain that. The first paragraph says "Yeah." Do you mean the previous post?

You said 'failure in the volleying competition says something about his ability' and then in the next instance 'imagine imagining that anyone is judging him solely on a charity competition'.

I take from that you are judging his ability on the volleying competition?

Anyway its nothing personal to get worked up about , Ive read so much stuff about that today on Twitter from other fans trolling us and Arsenal fans are joining in.

Look I'm not a fan of the signing either and could be a other Ozil but I will give him a chance but would rather ESR kick on personally

Its all good Retro :D

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:03 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
gooner265 wrote:

Yeah.

Lastly, imagine imagining that anyone is judging him solely on a charity competition' (as worrying as his performance was).

You said 'failure in the volleying competition says something about his ability' and then in the next instance 'imagine imagining that anyone is judging him solely on a charity competition'.

Anyway its nothing personal to get worked up about , Ive read so much stuff about that today on Twitter from other fans trolling us and Arsenal fans are joining in.

Look I'm not a fan of the signing either and could be a other Ozil but I will give him a chance but would rather ESR kick on personally

Hmm, you can't select the second part of the sentence and ignore the first part about judging him on three poor seasons at Chelsea. It's very clear from that post and the previous post, which you initially objected to, that my doubts are based upon what I've seen of him during those three years.

Sure, the volleying did nothing to allay those doubts, it was fucking awful, but the judgement already existed. A look back at my posts on this thread will make that very clear.

For me, the signing is bizarre, especially at 65m and it actually puts a lot of pressure on the boy, because I doubt the supporters will be very patient. I haven't looked at Twitter, but if, as you say, our fans are already expressing doubts, then the poor sod had better hit the ground running.

This might be where we see Arteta's Wenger streak, because having gone out on a limb to pay 65m for a 3 year flop, I suspect that he won't be prepared to admit he's fucked up, even if Havertz isn't making the grade. He was prepared to nail his colours to Vieira's failing mast, so he'll dig his heels in with his £65m boy.

Btw, ready yourself to not be seeing much of ESR. Fuck knows where he comes in the pecking order. Travesty imo.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

So Havertz scored with a volley against the All Star Yanks team last night....... Fuck a charity show, the guy has turned up in his first game!

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:14 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:03 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
gooner265 wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Yeah.

Hmm, you can't select the second part of the sentence and ignore the first part about judging him on three poor seasons at Chelsea. It's very clear from that post and the previous post, which you initially objected to, that my doubts are based upon what I've seen of him during those three years.

Sure, the volleying did nothing to allay those doubts, it was fucking awful, but the judgement already existed. A look back at my posts on this thread will make that very clear.

For me, the signing is bizarre, especially at 65m and it actually puts a lot of pressure on the boy, because I doubt the supporters will be very patient. I haven't looked at Twitter, but if, as you say, our fans are already expressing doubts, then the poor sod had better hit the ground running.

This might be where we see Arteta's Wenger streak, because having gone out on a limb to pay 65m for a 3 year flop, I suspect that he won't be prepared to admit he's fucked up, even if Havertz isn't making the grade. He was prepared to nail his colours to Vieira's failing mast, so he'll dig his heels in with his £65m boy.

Btw, ready yourself to not be seeing much of ESR. Fuck knows where he comes in the pecking order. Travesty imo.
I wasn't ignoring it at all , I was specifically talking about that 2 minute salvo which you and others mentioned , it was a throwaway comment on that only I just happened to quote yours as it was the last post nothing personal .

But you're right , I dont think he'll get the leeway new signings normally get because of his Chelsea years from some fans , he'll be under more pressure than any of them.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:24 am
So Havertz scored with a volley against the All Star Yanks team last night....... Fuck a charity show, the guy has turned up in his first game!
You just knew it :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
:high5:

I was surprised how Tall he is... he's about 6'5" - Or at least taller than Rambo!... And he's a Lump. (not in the Rodders sense ) :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

gooner265 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:07 am
TeeCee wrote:
You just knew it :lol:

Well some of us did.

:proudtosay:

:lol: