AFTV and Social Media

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

AFTV and Social Media

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Not that we should care what people think of us (fuck ‘em as they say). But as someone who occasionally reads other fan’s forums it has surprised me how much Arsenal’s support is disliked these days. A lot of what I read says we are entitled, arrogant, clueless etc. Obviously that isn’t the case. However it has struck me how AFTV and some of the cretins that support us from across the globe and infest social media with inane posts have come to represent us as a fan base. Any other club supporter who uses social media seems to believe that AFTV is what all Arsenal fans are like. I know we thought they gave us a bad rep before but I don’t think people truly understand how poorly we are viewed these days. This is pretty much 100% due to Robbie and his gang of weirdos. Has really fucked me off to learn how a proper knowledgable fan base has had its reputation tarnished by a bloke (Robbie) on the make. :censored:

IW8Goalmachine

Re: AFTV and Social Media

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:20 am
Not that we should care what people think of us (fuck ‘em as they say). But as someone who occasionally reads other fan’s forums it has surprised me how much Arsenal’s support is disliked these days. A lot of what I read says we are entitled, arrogant, clueless etc. Obviously that isn’t the case. However it has struck me how AFTV and some of the cretins that support us from across the globe and infest social media with inane posts have come to represent us as a fan base. Any other club supporter who uses social media seems to believe that AFTV is what all Arsenal fans are like. I know we thought they gave us a bad rep before but I don’t think people truly understand how poorly we are viewed these days. This is pretty much 100% due to Robbie and his gang of weirdos. Has really fucked me off to learn how a proper knowledgable fan base has had its reputation tarnished by a bloke (Robbie) on the make. :censored:
Totally agree with AFTV and have to add that the second part of the Wenger era created another breed of Arsenal fan.

A lad at work was actually celebrating second place after us being top for most of the season.

The social media arsenal fans are a dose of shite.

We also have the sky cameras going to the same crowd of lads when we score. Absolute cringe.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We've literally had this exact thread on here at least twice before. We are well aware how some of our wankier fans have made us look.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:15 am
We've literally had this exact thread on here at least twice before. We are well aware how some of our wankier fans have made us look.
Didn’t realise that was you DB. :lol:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

We, as a fan base are an easy target for an Arsenal hating press.

I agree Bobby that, by and large we have a knowledgable fan base, certainly less prone to knee jerk reactions ( just not The Arsenal way )

The scum press will say things like “ no passion, no noise, Highbury library “ etc and to an extent they were correct at times, the crowd were not behind the team but that certainly no longer applies so they can no longer apply that stick to beat us with.

They also say the fans are fickle - wanted Wenker out ( after years of apathy, toxicity in the support and a team in decline ) only to then turn on Emery when it all collapsed ( due to players not respecting him, lack of fight on the pitch )

They will say the fans flip flop with Arteta - not many wanted him to be cutting his teeth at our club, but fair play he has turned us around to the extent that all the press and other clubs fans are scared of our re-awakening.
( I was one, I will freely admit )

Some fans, have an opinion one way, others another, ( see Clummo and Retro for examples 😉) yet the press make out that all fans want this, then a little while late change their mind as if it is the entire fanbase.

I’m glad that they are back to hating us again, as it shows we are back in the big time

As for AFTV I stopped watching clips a couple of years back, the concept is good, like fanzines were, to show how the support feel without the club whitewashing opinion, but too many people want to be famous for being or saying something controversial and sadly, currently, society deems this to be an acceptable way to have a career.

Sometimes it’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and confirm it

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Your man Ty on there is an absolute moron,as for the guy who keeps saying fam and blud, do educated people even talk like that ,I don't mind the guy Lee Judges and there's another guy think is his name is Dan Potts who seem alright.

Guys who I work with who would be fans of other clubs and when we lose a game they head to watch AFTV because they know how these guys will react :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:39 am
We, as a fan base are an easy target for an Arsenal hating press.

I agree Bobby that, by and large we have a knowledgable fan base, certainly less prone to knee jerk reactions ( just not The Arsenal way )

The scum press will say things like “ no passion, no noise, Highbury library “ etc and to an extent they were correct at times, the crowd were not behind the team but that certainly no longer applies so they can no longer apply that stick to beat us with.

They also say the fans are fickle - wanted Wenker out ( after years of apathy, toxicity in the support and a team in decline ) only to then turn on Emery when it all collapsed ( due to players not respecting him, lack of fight on the pitch )

They will say the fans flip flop with Arteta - not many wanted him to be cutting his teeth at our club, but fair play he has turned us around to the extent that all the press and other clubs fans are scared of our re-awakening.
( I was one, I will freely admit )

Some fans, have an opinion one way, others another, ( see Clummo and Retro for examples 😉) yet the press make out that all fans want this, then a little while late change their mind as if it is the entire fanbase.

I’m glad that they are back to hating us again, as it shows we are back in the big time

As for AFTV I stopped watching clips a couple of years back, the concept is good, like fanzines were, to show how the support feel without the club whitewashing opinion, but too many people want to be famous for being or saying something controversial and sadly, currently, society deems this to be an acceptable way to have a career.

Sometimes it’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and confirm it
Nice One Stuart :high5:

Arteta much to my Surprise And Delight has managed to Unite Fans, Players, Club etc into a cohesive whole again; Yes there are differences of opinion etc. But when the team take to the pitch All Fans are 101% Behind them, which is remarkable considering the Huge Divisions and Apathy that existed after the awfulness of the latter Wenger years, I just hope it continues, which is why it is so important for the owners to back him and for us Gooners to do the same; regardless of any reservations some of may have.

As far as the Media/PressScum are concerned, we know we are doing something right when they try to find things so they can slate or (try and) mock us; as fans, as a team, as a club etc but cannot say or do anything of any merit or truth.

I too remember when aftv first started and it seemed like an opportunity for Fans to have their say, but in becoming an utter embarrassment and anything but even resembling what Gooners think etc it has also become a money making machine for the guy who owns and runs it (approximately £80k to £120k per annum.

The last game I was at this season there was a large group of older Gooners stood around drinking before the game and they started singing 'Get Out of Our Club, AFTV Get Out of Our Club' when they saw that bloke Robbie headed to his seat (West Stand?).

augie

Post by augie »

Tbf I think it is more of a society thing in that we are now living in a dumbed down version of humanity where people are not educated to the level they used to be. We see more extreme reactions where a person will go from one end of the scales to the other in a 5 minute spell with a total lack of awareness of their previous reactions/comments. We live in a world now where reasonable debate and discussion no longer exist - these days if someone disagrees with you their first reaction is to shout you down or label you rather than have a genuine debate or discussion, and tbf we see that on here many times too. TV companies are making a fortune putting on braindead and shallow people lives on air cos they know that the world is full of barindead/retarded sheep who are incapable of making individual opinions and must therefore watch and copy what these knobs are doing on telly.

Re the AFC aspect of this, I would argue that when it suits some people are quite happy to use these social media knobheads as a vindication of their own opinions - social media now has the capability to make or break a players career, and if the masses on social media claim a player to be world class, then a lot of people are happy to buy into that narrative.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

augie wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:54 am
Tbf I think it is more , like, of a society thing in that we are now, like, living in a dumbed down version of humanity, like, where people are not educated to the level, like, they used to be. We see more extreme reactions where a person, like, will go from one, like, end of the scales to the other in a like, 5 minute spell with a total lack of, like, awareness of their previous like, reactions/comments. We live in a like, world now where reasonable debate like, and discussion like, no longer exist - these days if someone, like, disagrees with you their first, like, reaction is to shout you down or like, label you rather than have a like, genuine debate or discussion, like, and tbf we see that on here many times too. TV companies are making like, a fortune putting on braindead and like shallow people lives on air cos they know that, like, the world is full of like, brain dead/retarded sheep who are like, incapable of like, making individual opinions like and must therefore watch and copy what these knobs are doing on telly.

Re the AFC like aspect of this, I would like argue that when it suits some people are quite happy to like use these social media knobheads as a like vindication of their own opinions - social media now has the capability like to make or break like a players career, and if the masses like on social media claim a player to be like world class, then a lot of people are happy like to buy into that like narrative.
Like it 😉

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:28 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
:lol:

I just love the fact that not only is the knobhead an Arsene Cultist he is also a living breathing fucking unicorn!! :shock:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:48 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:28 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
:lol:

I just love the fact that not only is the knobhead an Arsene Cultist he is also a living breathing fucking unicorn!! :shock:
Haha. Never noticed that.

Almunia is a clown

Re: AFTV and Special Needs / Care in the community

Post by Almunia is a clown »

I reckon the thread title should be renamed as AFTV and Special Needs / Care in the community! :lol:

Fella who wrote the Theatre of Silence book, as well as other great sports books, was saying that Ty lives local & knew him when he went school, says he's away with the fairies & special needs or whatever. :shock:

Ty is 100% Arsenal but don't get taking with him, he'll try & recruit you to the evil Lord Wonga cult! Seen him round the Gooner Valley, always dressed up like a club shop advert! :lol:

Doesn't stop greedy Robbie the Luton fan exploiting him & others like Claude, just to get more internet clicks, plus also giving wrong 'un's / wife beaters airtime. :cussing: :box:

AFTV need to be forced out, the fact that they rely on opposition supporters for their core audience is enough reason to close the feckers down.