POLL: How Will Arsenal Fare in 2023 - 2024 Season

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

What Position Will Arsenal Finish In 2023 to 2024 Season?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:32 pm

Title Winners
16%
Second
16%
Third
35%
Fourth
16%
Fifth
11%
Outside Top Five
5%

Total votes: 37

augie

Re: POLL: How Will Arsenal Fare in 2023 - 2024 Season

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:43 am
I would suggest that that the injury to Timber has really thrown a spanner in the works; not that that is an excuse as Arteta / Edu should have a reasonable back-up player/s and plans in case. But it's affect on Team Selection, Playing System/s etc could so easily cause dropping more points than we might have if he were available and a part of the squad.

It has certainly dented my hopes (not expectations) as to how we will fare this season. :cry:

Timber was left full against forest - his injury cannot be used as an excuse for playing partey at right full, white at centre back, and picking havertz anywhere on the team. You are trying to remain in arteta's camp and I understand that, but Timber's injury has cost us the use of a quality player for sure, but it has NOT been the reason why legohead is fcuking about with team selection and tactics

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I haven't said it was Augie, But the absence of Timber regardless of the Team Selection/s, System/s, Tactic/s - And The Impact of his Absence has made things even more difficult with narrower, Fewer Options for the way in which Arteta intended to go forward. Surely you can see that?

KingHenry

Post by KingHenry »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:52 pm
KingHenry wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:52 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:31 am
but once again the scummy media will relish the opportunity to highlight the slightest slip or failure, something they are already doing with their condemnation of the signing of Havertz and their remarks concerning the signing of Raya.
The problem is the media are too easy on Arteta. Two 8th place finishes,blowing 4th place with a 4 point lead with 3 games to go and blowing an 8 point lead with 8 games to go. Is there an Gooner who thinks Havertz was a good signing? Arteta has spent over £600m
For the moment, maybe. But he is the Manager of THE Arsenal and once they even think they smell blood they'll do all they can to Kick Him and Us in the Bollocks. "FACT".

Media and Politicians All Deserve Ugly Deaths with Lots of Pain.
This is Arteta's 5th season not his first. If he fails this season after spending another £200m be deserves a good kicking with steel toe cap boots from the Arsenal fans

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

KingHenry wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:00 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:52 pm
KingHenry wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:52 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:31 am
but once again the scummy media will relish the opportunity to highlight the slightest slip or failure, something they are already doing with their condemnation of the signing of Havertz and their remarks concerning the signing of Raya.
The problem is the media are too easy on Arteta. Two 8th place finishes,blowing 4th place with a 4 point lead with 3 games to go and blowing an 8 point lead with 8 games to go. Is there an Gooner who thinks Havertz was a good signing? Arteta has spent over £600m
For the moment, maybe. But he is the Manager of THE Arsenal and once they even think they smell blood they'll do all they can to Kick Him and Us in the Bollocks. "FACT".

Media and Politicians All Deserve Ugly Deaths with Lots of Pain.
This is Arteta's 5th season not his first. If he fails this season after spending another £200m be deserves a good kicking with steel toe cap boots from the Arsenal fans

I'm pretty certain Augie has got some Steel Toe Cap Boots from his DM Days!? :D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

What appeared to begin as a very promising Transfer Window Has Nose Dived.

I blame Wenger.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

6th and out of all the cups early doors

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:40 pm
If we buy a striker then a top 4 finish
If we don’t then 5th or worse
This has been so obvious - Nketiah is not up to it. But our great manager thought that getting an extra goalkeeper in was more important :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:30 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
This has been so obvious - Nketiah is not up to it. But our great manager thought that getting an extra goalkeeper in was more important :roll:
The thinking when we let Balogun go was that surely that money would be used to boost the attacking positions? Jesus and Nketiah for 50 plus matches for a supposed PL and CL contender is just never going yo wash is it?

Whilst Havertz isn't as bad as is being made out, we didn't need someone in that position nor did we need another keeper as you rightly say

Absolutely baffling and ruined what had the potential to be a decent window. Whilst Havertz gets all the stick, Vieira continues to do fuck all and appears to be another of his favourites. At the start of the season I couldn't see how we could finish outside the top 4, but now I'm not sure

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:44 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:30 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
The thinking when we let Balogun go was that surely that money would be used to boost the attacking positions? Jesus and Nketiah for 50 plus matches for a supposed PL and CL contender is just never going yo wash is it?

Whilst Havertz isn't as bad as is being made out, we didn't need someone in that position nor did we need another keeper as you rightly say

Absolutely baffling and ruined what had the potential to be a decent window. Whilst Havertz gets all the stick, Vieira continues to do fuck all and appears to be another of his favourites. At the start of the season I couldn't see how we could finish outside the top 4, but now I'm not sure
Yeah! That's what I thought would happen, but they bought Havertz and didn't go for a striker :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Players We Need to Let Go and Bring In

Post by OneBardGooner »

This is our current 25 Man Squad

https://www.arsenal.com/men/players

For me the players that we need to jettison ASAP:

Havertz
Vieira
Nketiah
Cedric ( for some reason I thought we'd already got rid of him) :?
Raya (More Flappy than Flappianski)

Partey although a decent player is too injury prone and sadly the same goes for ESR

Players like Elneny, Jorginho, Nelson and Kiwior (perhaps even Zinchenko who although a Good Player is No Defender; a Creative Midfielder) are only
back-up players, but we still need better quality on the bench.

We NEED a (Proper) Striker Ivan Toney would be ideal, but whether we can afford him or not is another matter. Also another Mid-fielder to go alongside Declan Rice and a right winger to push Saka who has gone completely off the boil this season; I just hope it is temporary.

Not sure if Trossard is a 'winger' per se but is definitely "quality"... but again needs more game time.

Any other player suggestions???

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Someone I know has a Cunning Pal!

It was suggested if we all buy a pair of these we can Win the Title!!!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We're winning the league this season!
I feel it!
Our attitude and fight are so much better than last season, and we'll do it with TWO dodgy keepers!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

As long as we can play them BOTH at the Same Time! :D :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I went with 3rd at the start, nothing I've seen has changed my mind.

City
Liverpool
Arsenal
Villa
Spurs
The rest

Bit disappointing given we finished 2nd last season but not if we win a cup (most likely wont).

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I also went with 3rd but hoped that with the signing of Rice and Timber we might even challenge for the title, but the signing of Havertz & Raya (*) AND Not signing a Striker has put a Big Dampener on that along with Arteta changing tactics and playing systems for Possession Boresville.

(*) I think the Goalkeeper situation Arteta has created Has had an impact on the Team / dressing room, one of the Arsenal fan Yt's said there have been growing arguments between players and that Martinelli & ESR had to be pulled apart in training... don't know if there's any truth in that..But something definitely seems amiss.

If we cannot turn the current Dip in form around we'll be lucky to finish in the top 5. :cry: