David Raya PLEASE! Fuck-Off!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

David Raya PLEASE! Fuck-Off!

Post by OneBardGooner »

Welcoming Interview With New Signing (On Loan - With Option To Buy) David Raya. :barscarf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPOXPj4lYH0
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midz

Re: Welcome David Raya

Post by Midz »

Welcome David and good luck.

He seems like a very nice chap from his interview.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm hoping this guy will be our new Seamo. I thought initially Ramsdale would be but I have my doubts now tbh. :|

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:59 pm
I'm hoping this guy will be our new Seamo. I thought initially Ramsdale would be but I have my doubts now tbh. :|
Arteta might not have got him to use him as a Goalkeeper. I am half expecting him to be played as a left-back:wink:

augie

Post by augie »

John F wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Arteta might not have got him to use him as a Goalkeeper. I am half expecting him to be played as a left-back:wink:

He might be the striker we badly need :rubchin: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Forgetting about loyalty to any individual keeper, it is a shocking indictment of arteta and edu that we have signed 5 or 6 keepers since arteta was appointed manager - again he clearly wanted rid of what he inherited and that is fine and well. but to sign 5 keepers (before Raya) and none of them doing enough to convince, raises serious question marks on who is recruiting these players

Personally I have a feeling that Raya could be the answer long term, but I'm not convinced that he will be here long term cos I dont think el basque will drop ramsdale

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

John F wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Don't even joke about it John.

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:17 pm
John F wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

He might be the striker we badly need :rubchin: :wink:
:D :D many a true word spoken in jest.

Midz

Post by Midz »

John F wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Oh bloody hell I just saw this after posting :D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23505323 ... ld-player/

"The loanee from Brentford reckons he could be an OUTFIELD player."

John F

Post by John F »

Midz wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:52 pm
John F wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Oh bloody hell I just saw this after posting :D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23505323 ... ld-player/

"The loanee from Brentford reckons he could be an OUTFIELD player."
:D :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
:shock: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I think after some of the (un-forced) Gaffs by Rambo last season made Arteta take a very serious look at the GK situation, particularly as Turner just wasn't up to playing the ball out with his feet and always looked Very Nervous.

Raya reminds me of Seamo - Ice Blood in his veins , shows far less emotion than Rambo and is Hungry for the No 1 Spot. Should be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Mail Sport understands Mikel Arteta is giving serious consideration to giving David Raya a prolonged first-team opportunity in the coming weeks. Raya is said to have deeply impressed in training, particularly with his ability to accurately play out from defence. [@SamiMokbel81_DM] #afc

Prediction on keepers.

David Raya gets the nod against PSV > If he plays well, pressure mounts > 1 mistake by Ramsdale (even minor), and the gloves go to the Spaniard.

We aren't winning the league conceding 40 goals. We can't keep conceding from 1st shot. Clock is ticking.

Le-grove.co.uk

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Raya will take half the European games and potentially all the cup ties.

Rambo takes PL and CL here and there. He's a great shot-stopper, no question but some of the goals we concede, he seems in the wrong place.

Rashford's goal, two defenders blocking near-post, why not take a step or two to the left and actually save the shot? Couple more times he saved the ball and parried it straight to the players. No awareness in most set-pieces.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I’ve lost all faith in Ramsdale and would make Raya first choice now. I just expect Ramsdale to concede pretty much everything on target these days and am almost surprised when he doesn’t.

7 times this year we’ve conceded from the oppositions first shot on target, that’s a brutal stat and it can’t be written off as just bad luck.

When Garnacho went through one on one late in the game Sunday I knew he’d score, I don’t expect Ramsdale to make a huge save for us anymore. Similarly if we concede a penalty I’ve no real hope of him stopping it.

He’s poor on crosses, dodgy with the ball at his feet, especially back passes which he continues to let run across his body drawing pressure on himself.

He made that wonder save at Anfield from Salah to win us a point in the run in last season but his form has tanked since then. He had a poor pre season and hasn’t impressed me in the first 4 league games. He gives me the jitters and I’d make the change now rather than wait for him to make the next clanger.