Manure H Sun 3rd Sept KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: Manure H Sun 3rd Sept KO 430pm

Post by the playing mantis »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:16 pm
6 out of 10 performance, 10 out of 10 win.
That's a fair take on it. 11/10 imo given the circumstances!

And what a bitter *word censored* ten haag is. Almost as bitter as me when scum win.

Retro makes a very good point we don't test the keeper near enough when we are dominating...we always used to and they often had worldies in the wenger days, but we didn't much last season and haven't this season. In a way its efficient taking what chances we have, but the more you test the keeper the more goals you will get and can't remember a game in a while where a keeper has been battered by us...a proper striker would help with being clinical and making things out of not a lot, but that's more on taking the chances themsleves, we don't seem to be having many chances/ attempts full stop.

Anyway buzzing on this such an annoyance the interlull. Just hope a clean bill of health bar maybe one of out own...

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:16 pm
6 out of 10 performance, 10 out of 10 win.
Yeah about right Perry, as long as you win v big rivals the performance is largely forgotten :barscarf: :barscarf:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:39 pm
Not a great performance against a poor Utd side, but a fucking great way to win. I said before the game that I was looking forward to seeing Rice play in a team that was set up properly and he had a very good game. We haven't had a strong central midfielder than can win 50/50s and even 60/40s when it's against him and it's vital to have that in the engine room of the side.

A huge pity that we signed the German dud instead of another quality centre mid, which would have meant we could have sold Partey, or benched him. I've already said that I didn't think it was possible to recruit a player worse than Xhaka and at the end of last season, I also wouldn't have imagined wanting Vieira to start, but I'd take him all day over Havertz. I'd still prefer ESR but that ship looks to have sailed.

Saka was disappointing and I couldn't work out why Arteta took off Martinelli and not him, but that always seems to be the way.

I said at half time that we were dropping off because all they have to hurt teams is the break-away and both their goal and their disallowed one evidenced that. In open play with the other side sitting deep, they create fuck all.

I worry that even when we're bossing possession, we don't test the keeper anywhere near enough, but that's been going on for years. Jesus was good when he came on and took his goal very well (lovely weighted ball from Vieira btw), but we really do need a proper goalscoring striker.

All in all, a fucking good day. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Decent assessment Neil,

We put far too many hopeful crosses in, ( to no one ) when our best ploy is the cutback on the deck as we have players in space on the edge if the box who can hit ‘em - Odegaard, Rice, Partey, ( not today obviously )

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:59 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:39 pm
Not a great performance against a poor Utd side, but a fucking great way to win. I said before the game that I was looking forward to seeing Rice play in a team that was set up properly and he had a very good game. We haven't had a strong central midfielder than can win 50/50s and even 60/40s when it's against him and it's vital to have that in the engine room of the side.

A huge pity that we signed the German dud instead of another quality centre mid, which would have meant we could have sold Partey, or benched him. I've already said that I didn't think it was possible to recruit a player worse than Xhaka and at the end of last season, I also wouldn't have imagined wanting Vieira to start, but I'd take him all day over Havertz. I'd still prefer ESR but that ship looks to have sailed.

Saka was disappointing and I couldn't work out why Arteta took off Martinelli and not him, but that always seems to be the way.

I said at half time that we were dropping off because all they have to hurt teams is the break-away and both their goal and their disallowed one evidenced that. In open play with the other side sitting deep, they create fuck all.

I worry that even when we're bossing possession, we don't test the keeper anywhere near enough, but that's been going on for years. Jesus was good when he came on and took his goal very well (lovely weighted ball from Vieira btw), but we really do need a proper goalscoring striker.

All in all, a fucking good day. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Decent assessment Neil,

We put far too many hopeful crosses in, ( to no one ) when our best ploy is the cutback on the deck as we have players in space on the edge if the box who can hit ‘em - Odegaard, Rice, Partey, ( not today obviously )

:proudtosay: :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:32 pm
Tonight I shall mostly be drinking cans and watching MOTD 8)

:D :cheers:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Dear Ten or should that be 3 - 1

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Fuck em ! The 10 men deserved the win. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

OMG that was brilliant!!

I expected us to lose and when they scored at the end I thought it was all over but what a fantastic finish. Their goal being disallowed was marvellous and of course Rice's goal amazing.
I'm so glad we beat those c.unts as I've said many times I fucking hate them. :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

All our goals were good too.
Last edited by Midz on Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:25 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:58 pm
https://twitter.com/NoContextMarkG/stat ... _&ref_url=

“Couple of dogs shagging on ice skates.” :lol:
The geezer is prime Partidge :lol:

Sancho coming out on social media now too refuting comments made by Ten Haag.

It’s all unravelling :barscarf:
They're just Everton with more money.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Pity the butcher wasn’t playing yesterday, I was really looking forward to seeing what all the hype was about :coffeespit:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:13 am
Pity the butcher wasn’t playing yesterday, I was really looking forward to seeing what all the hype was about :coffeespit:
More like Frank Butcher. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Stupid c.unt - I despise keane more than most, but honestly what kind of tool does that and especially in an area where there will be loads of cctv and security ? The negative attention that brings on AFC fans will be latched onto by every manc supporting c.unt out there :twisted:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

You won’t see a penalty overturned like that again this season, you won’t see a player booked for taking 7 seconds to take a throw in again, you won’t see lines “forgotten” to be drawn, you won’t see a player get sent off for 2 yellow cards in 5 seconds.

Incredible really

RJG23

Post by RJG23 »

Anyone else think Havertz was a bit better yesterday? Thought he did a good job defensively and also won the pen (which shouldn't have been overturned). Only issue was the lazy pass that led to their goal.