Manure H Sun 3rd Sept KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Manure H Sun 3rd Sept KO 430pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:20 am

Stupid c.unt - I despise keane more than most, but honestly what kind of tool does that and especially in an area where there will be loads of cctv and security ? The negative attention that brings on AFC fans will be latched onto by every manc supporting c.unt out there :twisted:
The Media (as usual are jumping the gun and of course involving or saying it was an 'Arsenal Fan', - because the Media hate us) but it now looks like it was a Manure fan confronting him about what Keane had said concerning Fergie....

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/qJCXPCCSETU

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

RJG23 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:38 am
Anyone else think Havertz was a bit better yesterday? Thought he did a good job defensively and also won the pen (which shouldn't have been overturned). Only issue was the lazy pass that led to their goal.
Trouble is RJG, this is exactly what is going to happen....as with Xhaka, the bar is going to be set so low, that anything other than an inexcusable own goal, missing a couple of open goals to score for us, misplaced / underhit / overhit passes every single time rather than all the time and failing to get sent off, will mean the performance was ok.

We paid £65m for this bloke and we're entitled to expect him to improve the side. I don't dislike the guy the guy on a personal level and it isn't his fault that we bought him and that the chavs mugged us with the fee, but he's not up to it and the fault lies with Arteta. I actually have some sympathy with Havertz, because from the things that Arteta openly says about constantly reassuring him, the poor bloke must be playing with zero confidence and that will only make his performances worse. After a duff 3 years at the chavs, he'd have done better to go back to Germany, or another European country, where his failure in those 3 years wouldn't have been so much in the spotlight. As it is, he's going to have one hell of a job to win over Arsenal fans who are fed up with signing chav cast offs.

Btw, you forgot his virtual air shot when it was easier to score.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sigh!....

Anyhoooo! It was nice to wake up this morning.... :D

Oh! And errrrmmm ....

It was nice to wake up this morning knowing we had Beaten Those MancCunts.... and that their manager was still a Bitter & TwistedCUNT :barscarf: :dancingbanana: :whee:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:04 am
RJG23 wrote:
Anyone else think Havertz was a bit better yesterday? Thought he did a good job defensively and also won the pen (which shouldn't have been overturned). Only issue was the lazy pass that led to their goal.
Trouble is RJG, this is exactly what is going to happen....as with Xhaka, the bar is going to be set so low, that anything other than an inexcusable own goal, missing a couple of open goals to score for us, misplaced / underhit / overhit passes every single time rather than all the time and failing to get sent off, will mean the performance was ok.

We paid £65m for this bloke and we're entitled to expect him to improve the side. I don't dislike the guy the guy on a personal level and it isn't his fault that we bought him and that the chavs mugged us with the fee, but he's not up to it and the fault lies with Arteta. I actually have some sympathy with Havertz, because from the things that Arteta openly says about constantly reassuring him, the poor bloke must be playing with zero confidence and that will only make his performances worse. After a duff 3 years at the chavs, he'd have done better to go back to Germany, or another European country, where his failure in those 3 years wouldn't have been so much in the spotlight. As it is, he's going to have one hell of a job to win over Arsenal fans who are fed up with signing chav cast offs.

Fuck! When I saw that I had a "HORRIBLE" Flashback to when TOF had signed & played Sanogo the Postman....when he did the exact same thing... It was "HORRIBLE".

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨 Arsenal hope to have midfielder Thomas Partey back after October international break. Set to miss at least six weeks with groin/thigh injury.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So hopefully yesterdays Back-line will remain intact for at least 6 weeks?

An another note:

World Wide Gooner Reaction During Yesterdays Game, Highly Amusing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gapaAJ6YDtI

:lol:

RJG23

Post by RJG23 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:04 am
RJG23 wrote:

Yeah I definitely forgot that, and although you can laugh at it now we'd be fuming if we didn't win and he's missed that.

I think the major gripe I have with him is that he's keeping ESR / Vieira out of the team. Or letting Rice play there, Partey in midfield and the normal back 4. Fan faves/better players being pushed aside for an out of form player with no confidence is pretty inexcusable.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

This made me laugh too. Bloke in the background on the news

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7XoSoqERvOA

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:12 am
https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=A9ty50zd ... e=youtu.be

This is gold. :lol:
What type of complete wànker films themselves watching a match and adding their own shit commentary and puts it on the internet ffs? :oops: :roll: :censored:

The Yootoobs needs to be fucking exterminated. :box: :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:32 am
You won’t see a penalty overturned like that again this season, you won’t see a player booked for taking 7 seconds to take a throw in again, you won’t see lines “forgotten” to be drawn, you won’t see a player get sent off for 2 yellow cards in 5 seconds.

Incredible really

Rodders if you asked any referee that ever done a game I played in they would confirm that I am one of the most anti referee ba.stards there is, but honestly you cant argue on overturning the penalty decision yesterday, and I think most Gooners would privately admit that their offside goal was a dubious decision in our favour. Problem when we continually drive the narrative on every single decision that we are being screwed by refs, is that people tune out and ignore the one's where we are actually screwed. IMO we have enough examples where we are actually screwed without having to latch onto an overturned penalty decision that shouldnt have been given in first place.
The thing about the bookings for time wasting I am totally on board with cos some teams and players take the piss, and havertz took the piss that night and tommy paid the price - however when you set the bar for zero tolerance on time wasting, then every referee has to follow it every single time without exception, and that anthony c.unt should have got yellow card for kicking the ball away yesterday. I wont complain when our players get done for time wasting, but I will complain when other teams are allowed get away with it

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It was definitely soft Augie but they closed the space on him as he was going through and his leg gets clipped which brings him down. Definitely not a clear and obvious error, definitely not a dive but unlike the countless other "soft" penalties I've seen given since VAR was introduced this time they don't go with the on field decision, this time they overrule it - and it was that c.unt Jarred Gillete AGAIN :evil:

That (in)famous side show red card at Wolves when the strikers stud clipped his knee as he was running through, was that reviewed and overturned? Was it fuck.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I like to think that I'm honest about the game and happy to admit when correct decisions go against us as well as for us, but that was a penalty yesterday in my opinion. He was definitely clipped right at the beginning of the challenge and no way did he dive. Not the clearest pen you'll see and on the soft side, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a penalty.

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:07 pm
I like to think that I'm honest about the game and happy to admit when correct decisions go against us as well as for us, but that was a penalty yesterday in my opinion. He was definitely clipped right at the beginning of the challenge and no way did he dive. Not the clearest pen you'll see and on the soft side, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a penalty.
My standard is always "if it's outside the box, is it a free-kick? If so, then it's a penalty inside the box. In far too many scenarios, it seems to be a higher "standard" is held for a penalty to be given.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I've said many times - the refs aren't bent, they are just absolutely pathetic. The worst standard refs we've had in living memory - and by the way, Anthony Taylor who we had yesterday is supposedly the best of them. Add into the mix that there is absolutely blatant and deliberate attempts to sabotage VAR (and has been since day 1) and this is why we have a problem that is exclusively of the Premier League's own making, as these debates simply don't exist on anywhere near this scale in other sports and other leagues.

Yesterday Saka could have been sent off by another ref/VAR official
Our penalty could have been given / might not - case to argue for either
Their offside could easily have stood
There could easily have been a foul given when Rice's goal was scored
Onana was booked for time wasting, whilst we all went ape shit when Tomiyasu was against Palace

Some weeks these go our way, some weeks they don't. The issue is total lack of consistency and inability to apply perfect good technology correctly