Pee Esh Vee H Champions league matchday 1 Weds 20th Sept KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: Pee Esh Vee H Champions league matchday 1 Weds 20th Sept KO 8pm

Post by TeeCee »

Men against boys to be honest. Lovely play all round. I love Trossard, normally we'd miss Martinelli massively but it's not a big deal with Leo playing. Raya looks super cool in goal, catches everything, breeds confidence, unlike Ramsdale when you're waiting for the stupid suicide pass, or a palm out to the striker.
Havertz is the only one stinking the place out....... Surprise surprise.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:50 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:07 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:55 pm
Official Arsenal lineup vs PSV: Raya, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Rice, Ødegaard, Havertz, Saka, Trossard, Jesus.

Bench: Ramsdale, Hein, Tomiyasu, Cedric, Kiwior, Smith Rowe, Jorginho, Vieira, Elneny, Nketiah, Nelson.

Anyone know the news on Martinelli? Was it a hamstring and how long is he likely to be out. We'll miss him badly.
Yeah a grade 1, up to 4 weeks but could be much less.

Thanks Stuart.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That Trossard goal was a thing of Fuckin' beauty! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:59 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:50 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:07 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:55 pm
Official Arsenal lineup vs PSV: Raya, White, Saliba, Gabriel, Zinchenko, Rice, Ødegaard, Havertz, Saka, Trossard, Jesus.

Bench: Ramsdale, Hein, Tomiyasu, Cedric, Kiwior, Smith Rowe, Jorginho, Vieira, Elneny, Nketiah, Nelson.

Anyone know the news on Martinelli? Was it a hamstring and how long is he likely to be out. We'll miss him badly.
Yeah a grade 1, up to 4 weeks but could be much less.

Thanks Stuart.
Phewww! That is good news, when he pulled up on Sunday I thought Uh Oh!...
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I hope we get to see ESR and Jorginho get some decent time tonight.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Spoke about it on the Everton thread and it’s even more evident again tonight - Raya relieves so much pressure coming out and claiming crosses. It looks so striking because I’m used to Ramsdale being rooted to his line which just invites pressure.

Way calmer with the ball at his feet than Ramsdale too, no holding on to it for an eternity and putting us in trouble.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:59 pm
That Trossard goal was a thing of Fuckin' beauty! :barscarf:
He was assist king last season since he joined, was unlucky on a couple of occasions one super strike was ruled out for Whites foul on the keeper and he smacked the bar late on v Southampton in that 3-3 game, he can hit a ball for sure but it’s usually a controlled shot not a wild swing.
Should get double figures for the season along with the rest of our front line ; if he plays enough games )

John F

Post by John F »

Havertz was trying to get in the game and he was closing down but he moved at the speed of Del Boys three-wheeler.

Midz

Post by Midz »

That first half was a real pleasure to watch. Thank you, Arsenal.

John F

Post by John F »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:55 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:51 pm
3-0 HT ,I'll take that
Bish, Bash, Bosh

Some lovely football when we come up against a team who want to play not just defend.

Make no mishhhtake PSV can play, got good wingers either side but they are giving Saka and Odegaard freedom to dictate play.

A couple of lovely goals, loved Trossard looking up, picking out the cross, which was weighted to perfection, killer control form Jesus then bang ❗️

Only couple of things to be wary of Zinchenko and White bit slack defensively and in their passing and Havertz doing not a lot again.
Hopefully, the Trophy Dodgers will make the same mistake.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:02 pm
Spoke about it on the Everton thread and it’s even more evident again tonight - Raya relieves so much pressure coming out and claiming crosses. It looks so striking because I’m used to Ramsdale being rooted to his line which just invites pressure.

Way calmer with the ball at his feet than Ramsdale too, no holding on to it for an eternity and putting us in trouble.

Early days, but looking good so far. It's the sense of calmness and control that is a huge difference to Ramsdale, who I've described many times on here as chaotic. All the hollering and shouting, the chest thumping and fist pumping, allied to the poor positioning and flapping at crosses just puts the defenders of edge. nothing better than playing in front of a calm and commanding keeper.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:57 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:48 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:44 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:31 pm
I bet Haventz don’t even get picked in training 5 asides by anyone,he’s fucking gash

I don't know if I'm looking for it, but I seem to have noticed in every game that the other players are not passing to him unless it's really necessary. Maybe I'm wrong.
He don’t even appear to be showing for the ball,I’m not actually sure what he does

He doesn't do anything Robbo. I was watching his attempts to close someone down and it was weak and half hearted. What stands out tonight is how good Trossard is and if Martinelli is fit, Trossard should be the advanced midfield role. Sadly, I suspect he'll always be behind Havertz. I hope not.
He just played Saka in and strolled towards the box,Jesus busted a gut and Havertz just jogged,he just doesn’t look interested

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Rice has been everywhere

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Playing great , lovely goals , dynamic football , solid at the back , everything I wanted before the scum on Sunday.

But fuck me we genuinely are playing with 10 men once again.

Kai fucking Havertz what a huge gigantic waste of fucking space.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Trossard has to start at the weekend.