THE Arsenal vs Man City H Sun Oct 8th 16:30. Prem.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: THE Arsenal vs Man City H Sun Oct 8th 16:30. Prem.

Post by Stuart L (2) »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:30 pm
Biggus Deccus was MASSIVE Deccus today, fucking brilliant :barscarf:
After his first couple of matches where he looked a little out of sorts he has been massive every game.

Mr consistent

Always in the right place at the right time including a header off the line
Last edited by Stuart L (2) on Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:01 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:30 pm
Biggus Deccus was MASSIVE Deccus today, fucking brilliant :barscarf:
After his first couple of matches where he looked a little out of sorts he has been massive every game.

Mr consistent

Always in the right place at the right time including a header of the line
And he only cost £105m. What a bargain. :D :D

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Biggus Deccus today ....

90% pass accuracy having played 40 passes, played two key passes, had 57 touches, won four duels, made three tackles, made three interceptions, created two chances, made two clearances, including one off the line without committing a single foul.

MOTM performance :barscarf:
Special mention to Saliba who was also excellent!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:30 pm
Biggus Deccus today ....

90% pass accuracy having played 40 passes, played two key passes, had 57 touches, won four duels, made three tackles, made three interceptions, created two chances, made two clearances, including one off the line without committing a single foul.

I think you can drop the "Biggus Deccus" thing.... it ain't catching on, mate. Its just a tad... too.... gay. :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:25 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:30 pm
Biggus Deccus today ....

I think you can drop the "Biggus Deccus" thing.... it ain't catching on, mate. Its just a tad... too.... gay. :lol: :wink:

:proudtosay: :mrgreen:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

It really is a funny old game - we’ve been pissing in goals at home for fun to every shit kicker team in the league and then go and restrict the most lethal attacking team in world football to a single shot on target in the 90 mins.

Football eh.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

A good win really apart from rayas near fuck ups fairly comfortable but again no threat up top with the the idiot feather poncing around doing f all as if he'd made it, and then getting outmuscled everytime it comes to him...awful player.

Raya passing was dire first half but improved 2nd.

2 CB s man of match no doubt

I think partey made a huge difference

I know he went off the boil last season and is injury prone but for 2/3s of last he was absolute top class, defensively and offensively. No coincidence we collapsed when his form went. (At the exact same time as more rumors came out...go figure).

This season we all say we have regressed and not looked as effective as last. For me that's down to partey a being at right back, and then injured.

Today he came on and didn't do much but was calmly effective, so so much better then jorginho, seemed ro always have time and not looked panicked on the ball due to body shape and positioning, and able to offer an offensive, positive side with forward passing.

I know a lot of hate for him bit on form he's one of the best in the league...

We have to play him and rice together when fit..I think it will help us no end offensively let alone defensively.

We look bereft of ideas a lot this season offensively and I think a lot of that is due to him being missing...add In the complete nothingness up front...

Get him playing and fit and sign a striker and we have a chance.

F me as Rob said I'd rather klive upfront that the feather. The guys should never play for us again, weak, crap and yet shows little to know effort. It ok Thierry jogging around conserving energy as we know he's gonna do something. The total lack of effort from this guy is beyond me given how much he needs to prove...you can only think he has been given assurances thay he will play regardless of form/effort.
Last edited by the playing mantis on Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Agree with Rice & Partey playing together... with Odegaard in the middle pulling the strings etc...

We are so in need of a proper striker (Ivan Toney etc) it is Obvious to anyone and everyone.

Eddie the feather can fuck Off ASAP. (Useless lazy grinningCUNT) When Martinelli came on - he ended up being in the centre quite a few times, with Rice behind him and he was far more effective in that 20 minutes or so than the feather has been in 5 years. Nuff Sed.

Saliba and Gabriel were AWESOME... But for me Declan Rice just edged MOTM.

Sing THE Arsenal One NIL!!!!! :D :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Was flying back from my hols today during the game and thought it would be the ideal one to miss. Landed at Gatwick with the game 70 minutes old, expected the inevitable "goal alert" to say we'd gone behind and then lo and behold in the passport queue the boy Martinelli does the business! Was waiting for the inevitable VAR rule out but thankfully it never came. As old Whiskeynose once said "Football eh? Bloody ell"

Only seen the highlights on MOTD but our overrated Englishman who we paid way over the odds for isn't looking too bad is he? Thay boy Saliba signed by the previous clown not looking too shabby either

Compare and contrast to Almunia MkII who from the brief highlights I saw flapped around and couldn't kick for shit. Get him the fuck out FFS! Useless! Big Dec saved his bacon with a goalline clearance while he did his Fabianski impression randomly diving anywhere but where the ball was going. My lad was at the match and he said Almunia MKII was unnerving the crowd - no surprise there. Hollywood keeper.

Fair play to Legohead, he's worked out a way to finally beat his teacher- if he'd lost that today it was curtains. How the fuck can we lose to Lens so pathetically and yet turn up and beat these?

Shame the vermin c.unts are top but we all know how that one ends up!

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

'Party' time - Fuckin' magic. Him & Rice in midfield & we'll win the League !!. Fuck C$ity. :barscarf: :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

https://twitter.com/Layladylay_/status/ ... 3191484549

If you weren't at the game yesterday, breathe this in and feel what it was like at the end. Pure goosebumps. The whole ground was rocking.

Great support when our boys needed us.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:56 am

If you weren't at the game yesterday, breathe this in and feel what it was like at the end. Pure goosebumps. The whole ground was rocking.

But nutty it's mostly not. During the scum game the blokes on my STs who had it said it was crap and that's what I got from the TV. The crowd was good before KO and after we scored but when we needed lifting they were MIA...again yesterday most of he game the crowd was a nervous atmosphere and the players and arteta had to try and gee them up.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:10 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

But nutty it's mostly not. During the scum game the blokes on my STs who had it said it was crap and that's what I got from the TV. The crowd was good before KO and after we scored but when we needed lifting they were MIA...again yesterday most of he game the crowd was a nervous atmosphere and the players and arteta had to try and gee them up.
It was different in the second half. The fans backed the players, especially the North Bank. It did make a difference.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:25 am
the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:10 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

It was different in the second half. The fans backed the players, especially the North Bank. It did make a difference.
Great to see that kind of atmosphere - whilst the Highbury Library used to get loads of stick in its more recent years I can remember many a fantastic atmosphere there, especially standing in the North Bank when there were 56,000+ people there including those sitting on the roof. The game where we beat Man U 2-1 in the FA Cup in the late 80s and McClair missed a penalty - the place was rocking and it takes your breath away. Never thought all seater grounds would allow that to happen but judging by some of the atmospheres in Germany and France, it is possible! My lad was there yesterday and he said the same i.e. the second half felt like the crowd were really urging the team on. Apparently Raya had everyone shitting their pants in the first half and given what I saw on the highlights when he almost cost us a goal with his crap footwork, and another with his flapping, I'm not surprised. Fabianski and Almunia used to do the same to me!