Chavs FB A Saturday 21st October KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Chavs FB A Saturday 21st October KO 1730

Post by SteveO 35 »

This has to rank as one of our worst performances in the PL for a while- certainly this season

Thankfully in the battle of the clown goalkeepers theirs was almost as comical as Almunia MKii but still a great finish from Big Dec. To that point it had been shameful- worse than Lens away. Trossard off the bench as impactful as he always seems to be - cracking goal

Odegaard absolutely anonymous. The two full backs or inverted wing backs (what the fuck?) both as bad as it gets as were the centre halves. To be honest all 11 were utterly shambolic for 70 minutes. The narrative will be that its the "mark of champions" to play badly and come back from 2 down, but were it not for their clown in goal we'd still be passing backwards and sideways now searching for our first shot on goal

Will he admit now that Raya is the worst keeper we've had since Mannone/Flapper - will he fuck? The bloke will still be doing his Bambi on Ice impression and kicking everything into touch- fuck me if Spain have a rugby team, he's your man as he's guaranteed to find touch every time

Delighted to shut those racist c.unts up, but a real paper over the cracks escape

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The only players to come out of that with any credit are Rice, Trossard and Tomi. Martinelli at a push. The rest were at pub level standard. Raya reminded me of Peter Cech when we first got him to play out from the back. Like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz unable to move around properly as he hasn’t been oiled. It is a disgrace we have downgraded our keeper and put the shits up what was a solid defence in the process.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

That's a good point BP, the defence must have big doubts about Raya now and that unsettles everything. Along with Zinchenko getting even worse and Ben Whites insistance on passing backwards every 2 minutes, it's no wonder we're shaky at the back.
Ramsdale and Tomi should definitely be playing again.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:38 am
The only players to come out of that with any credit are Rice, Trossard and Tomi. Martinelli at a push. The rest were at pub level standard. Raya reminded me of Peter Cech when we first got him to play out from the back. Like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz unable to move around properly as he hasn’t been oiled. It is a disgrace we have downgraded our keeper and put the shits up what was a solid defence in the process.
Bang smack on the nail.

We all know Rambo had that 'error' in him, also he could come across as 'cocky'; which I think is just part of his character. But, there appeared to be a solidity and a unity between him and Saliba & Gabrielle, whereas with Raya he looks like a visiting / temporary replacement goalie they are unsure of.

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:

I'm not buying that at all - if they were that nervous of him, would they continually pass the ball back to him at a ridiculous rate ? I'm not saying that was your intention, but to make a statement like that gives our defenders an excuse, and being honest not one of them deserve it imo. To me it seems that none of them want to take the responsibility of passing forward in case we lose possession and it counts against them on the stats sheets - that is a cop out and unacceptable at this level.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:56 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:

I'm not buying that at all - if they were that nervous of him, would they continually pass the ball back to him at a ridiculous rate ? I'm not saying that was your intention, but to make a statement like that gives our defenders an excuse, and being honest not one of them deserve it imo. To me it seems that none of them want to take the responsibility of passing forward in case we lose possession and it counts against them on the stats sheets - that is a cop out and unacceptable at this level.
They aren’t getting a free pass Augie. But I don’t think it’s helping them. Raya is nervy. He is playing suicide balls quite frequently. His positioning is crap. His distribution is also poor as pointed out in this thread - constantly kicked into touch. It has invited significant pressure on to the defence which wasn’t there before with Ramsdale. They are doing more work because of him and cracks are showing.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

augie wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

I think it’s team instruction …… invite the press on the keeper, commit their players then, (hopefully) free up space to move forward and attack.

It’s not working though

We have gone from a pretty fluid, attacking at pace, side to one who looks happy to just retain possession.

Half time I think we had 0 shots in goal ( might have been on target )

For all the possession we have gained by playing Zinchencko or whoever higher up the pitch , we are creating less chances.

We got away with an awful performance yesterday for 75/80 mins we won’t be able to keep doing that, there are far better teams than Chelsea out there, not only. City and Liverpool but Newcastle, Villa, Brighton would all have beaten us yesterday if we gave them a 2-0 lead.

Saka holds onto the ball for far too long when he is being shackled, lay it off and go for a return pass.

Raya’s distribution was made out to be fabulous, not seen it so far, he hits more long kicks out of play then Lukic used to :shock:

Tomi looked a lot more like the player he was when he first joined, I’d start him ahead of Zinchencko right now.

This season, so far, we have gone massively backwards

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:27 am
augie wrote:
BobbyPires7 wrote:

I think it’s team instruction …… invite the press on the keeper, commit their players then, (hopefully) free up space to move forward and attack.

It’s not working though

We have gone from a pretty fluid, attacking at pace, side to one who looks happy to just retain possession.

Half time I think we had 0 shots in goal ( might have been on target )

For all the possession we have gained by playing Zinchencko or whoever higher up the pitch , we are creating less chances.

We got away with an awful performance yesterday for 75/80 mins we won’t be able to keep doing that, there are far better teams than Chelsea out there, not only. City and Liverpool but Newcastle, Villa, Brighton would all have beaten us yesterday if we gave them a 2-0 lead.

Saka holds onto the ball for far too long when he is being shackled, lay it off and go for a return pass.

Raya’s distribution was made out to be fabulous, not seen it so far, he hits more long kicks out of play then Lukic used to :shock:

Tomi looked a lot more like the player he was when he first joined, I’d start him ahead of Zinchencko right now.

This season, so far, we have gone massively backwards

All good points Stuart. Given how we've performed this season, it's unbelievable that we're unbeaten and joint top. I know some people will offer the old adage about top sides getting results when not playing well, but that isn't meant to apply week in, week out. No side can keep getting away with it and if we carry on like this it will catch up with us big time....to the point where we'll struggle for 4th or 5th place.

John F

Post by John F »

When Dick went on that long unbeaten run with Arsenal I had the feeling that it would come crashing down because of the way we were defending.
I have the same feeling now with this team mainly because of our lack of a decent striker and the overreliance on possession football. I fell asleep watching Arsenal against Lens because of the boring side-to-side Football that was reminiscent of the later Wenger teams. Saka has lost his courage to really take players on as I think he is getting fed up with being kicked on his ankles. Odegaard was awful yesterday and I would have taken him off at half time. Zinchenko is not capable of playing in midfield and covering the left-back position. I am not a Ramsdale fanboy as I think he lacks concentration but he is better than Raya. Raya looks too slight of build to be a decent Goalkeeper. Any penalty against him looks like a free hit.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:57 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:51 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:48 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:46 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:30 pm
Quick pish and refill my beer glass, then it's the rugby! :barscarf:
If you are a rugby fan, why not save time and just piss into your glass ?
Don't they all then put them on their heads or something after that and start singing about bras or something?
Whilst flicking each other with wet towels or whatever... :lol:
All perfectly straight of course. "Proper man's sport" or whatever nonsense they always go on about. "Get that man a drink." "Come on Badger, get Piers a pint of piss and absinthe, you big poof."
And let's not forget these towel flicking weirdos love to play the "soggy biscuit" game.

:puke:

Fucking weirdos.

augie

Post by augie »

The el basque fan boys bought into everything he preached and found an excuse for everything -

1. Tierney is too injury prone and zinchenko adds so much to our attacking play - fast forward a few months and zinchenko is being raped down that wing, and he is adding fcuk all to our attacking play.

2. odeargod is world class - er yes he is against the likes of luton and forest, but in the really big games when we need him he is fcuking nowhere. As captain he is the definition of what is wrong with this team - spineless when the pressure comes on, and he is nowhere near top quality

3. Ben white seems to have a fan club on here and for the life of me I cant figure out why :? Yesterday he just trotted around 5-10 yards off his man and pressed no c.unt and tackled no-one either. Backwards and sidewards passes galore, but a guy who doesnt like the game and doesnt watch games he isnt involved in, will only get so far because he doesnt have the heart or passion for it

4. The fact that some fans bought into this bu!!shit that having two number 1 keepers would drive both of them on is frankly embarrassing tbh - when so many ex players come out straight away saying that it cant work, it should tell people how the dynamics of a dressing room work, and all it was ever gonna do was unsettle the squad. I wasnt against bringing in a better keeper cos ramsdale doesnt convince me, but it is highly debatable whether raya is better than ramsdale, and even if I was being generous and said that he is better, he isnt much better and doesnt justify signing him. Ramsdale should come back in now, but it wont be long until the knives will be out for him too with media and fans - having two keepers like that unsettles both and provides neither with a platform to succeed and I feel sorry for them cos they are both in a pressure situation of the managers making

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Mykhailo Mudryk 🗣

“Goalkeeper coach Toni Jimenez asked me to play the ball over David Raya because he always goes out of the goal.”

augie

Post by augie »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:39 pm
Mykhailo Mudryk 🗣

“Goalkeeper coach Toni Jimenez asked me to play the ball over David Raya because he always goes out of the goal.”

Tbf that is dogshite - he never looked at raya's positioning at all and was clearly meant as a cross. He is still another overpriced chav dud and trying to make himself out to be smarter than he is makes him look cringy :oops: :oops: :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah, you could see when Mudryk looked up he knew what he was going to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FREmzqGCGcI

...it was no fluke. :?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Raya should be slated for for that piss poor pass out from the back (which he at least made amends for by getting it out for a corner) but to go in on him for the goal is extremely harsh in my opinion.

He positioned himself to snuff out the cross and fanny head shanked it into the net. You can’t account for that level of shit.

Augie will love me even more for this but I’m a big Ben White fan, he was poor yesterday (who wasn’t) but he’s normally a banker 8 out of 10 every single week. I’m all in on Benny Blanco and I won’t tolerate any slander on here about him 8)

Tierney’s gonna be out for 3 months at Sociedad after playing a few games in a row which was always the point about him. Can’t be relied on to a stay injury free for 5 minutes.