West Ham murdering filth A Carabao cup 4th round Weds Nov 1st KO 730pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: West Ham murdering filth A Carabao cup 4th round Weds Nov 1st KO 730pm

Post by Retro Gunner »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:51 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:57 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:32 pm
Worried about this game, expect us to lose. That's based on the assumption that we'll play a weakened side. I'd like to see ESR start, mainly because I'm a fan of his and want him to get game time, but I also don't see him as weaker than our usual options. However, if Arteta fucks about with the defence and plays ESR with Viera and Havertz in midfield, then we'll get done. I fully expect him to rest one of our wingers...probably Saka...although I'd be happy with Trossard and Nelson out wide.

I have no doubt that Lego Head will take the opportunity to give Havertz a start and in a game like this, against an average outfit where he ought to make a mark (if he had a mark to make, which he hasn't), we'll see the full extent of his crapness.

West Ham will play a strong side and look to win this tie. They're bang average, but have two or three players, who if they step up on the night, can cause problems.

I hate losing to this lot almost as much as losing to the scum, but luckily it happens very rarely. I've just got a nasty feeling about tonight.

Well, pretty much as predicted before the game. What a fucking disgrace of a team selection and performance. With a midfield of Jorginho (everyone seems to forget him when they talk about the hopeless chav rejects we've bought), Vieira and fucking Havertz, it doesn't matter who else is in the side, you're gonna get beat. It's the beating heart of the team and with three total mugs in there, you're doomed. That said, once again Eddie shows how he's Championship level at best. Hard to judge the two wide men when they're surrounded by dross like that. Zinchenko looks neat and tidy on the ball, but it's all bollocks, because he produces almost nothing and on top of it all, he's a fullback that can't defend.

As others have said, who the fuck does Arteta think he and this team are, that he can be arrogant enough to take this competition so lightly and go out to lower half also rans. I've said it a million times...Wenger Mkll. We'll be lucky to get 4th or 5th and we'll no doubt go out of the CL at the first KO stage. We'll obviously throw the FA Cup as we have tonight's cup.

No matter what, Arteta won't change, because he's as egotistical and arrogant as Wenger was. Let's hope that Mkll doesn't hang around slowly killing us as long as Mkl did.

The stubborn fucker deserves the sack simply for signing Havertz. What the absolute fuck is that all about?!! I never could have imagined that it was possible to sign a player worse than my nemesis Xhaka....well, El Basque has managed it. :banghead: :banghead:
Yes agree with most of that..game was lost before kick off, (posted same before kick off.)..and a bunch of average triers like bowen and co. managed to beat us...because they were putting in an effort
Have to say agree with arteta on one thing...blame him...as that side he picked (with some players he bought) would struggle against a championship side...but yet are in the Arsenal FIRST team squad FFS...picking up top wages

Trouble is Red, he doesn't really mean that and he knows that the media and most supporters take the old "he's protecting his players" line. He knows he's as safe as houses no matter what this season brings and he must know as well as we do, that the kroenkes are clueless about the game.

Just like some of our now-nothing fans, they'll only see a win in those games where we're crap, but nick a result. They won't recognise the weaknesses that will ultimately undermine us. I can just hear Arteta and Edu telling Josh how we're on the cusp of great things (just as Wenger used to...until it became so obvious that we were absolutely woeful that he started to dumb down expectations and crow about top 4 being a trophy etc) and Josh buying the whole line and nodding excitedly.

Mkll knows he's probably got a minimum of 3 more seasons, unless the bottom falls out entirely, which is unlikely. Mind you, they've backed him financially in a big way and failure to get a CL place for a couple of seasons might, just might, see him under pressure.

Bottom line, we're heading nowhere and there's at least a couple more of seasons of nothingness to have to stomach. :( :(

Retro Gunner

Re: West Ham murdering filth A Carabao cup 4th round Weds Nov 1st KO 730pm

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:44 am
falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:48 am
This month could be the derailment as it was so many times under le fartpipe..
Out one of the 2cups we can win..
Turdholed at the Toon...
Stuff Sevilla and all is good in El beiges garden...
Limp over the line v Boornleh..Were back baby(were not)
Interlull
Brentford bumholing under the lights
Win v Lens and through to a last 16 dicking :oops:

Saturday is huge.I think we'll fold like a cheap tent :cry:
And when you read those predicted results, doesn't it just smack of There's Only One Arsene Wenger?

Just need a panic buy in January or fall back on the 'internal market' and we'll be able to shout bingo. I've already booked the local hall for a day of 'top 4 trophy' wild celebrations when we beat Everton 5-1 at home on the last day of the season having taken two points from the previous five games

ONE ARSENE WENGER........THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER*

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

* or maybe there's actually two now

:lol: :lol:
It's hilarious because it's so fucking true.