Boornleh bawbags H Sat 11th Nov KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Boornleh bawbags H Sat 11th Nov KO 3pm

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:41 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:29 am
Ask anyone who has ever refereed a game in which I played in and they will tell you that I was a nightmare cos I was always slating them, but some of you guys are on a different level and make me look rational in comparison :oops: :oops:

The vieira was a red card challenge all day every day. Trying to argue otherwise is embarassing

Watch the replay back of their goal and it shows tommy pulling their guy by the jersey as much as he was pulling tommy's jersey - I have defended tommy on here recently cos I think he is a decent player, but fcuk me he has to be stronger there and no way should that goal be disallowed.

Saka pushed the full back in the back no doubt about it - arguing against it based on joelinton's push on gabriel last week is a nonsense cos we all agreed that the geordie goal shouldnt have been allowed. Are we expecting referee's to let all pushes in the back go now cos we got screwed on one last week ? Didnt your parents ever tell you two wrongs dont make a right ? The same guys arguing yesterdays call will complain if one of our defenders is pushed in the back in our next league game - make up your minds lads cos you cant have it both ways
Nonsense. The PGMOL have said very clearly that a push in the back is fine. There is no other way to read it. Defenders need to be stronger with light nudges and pushes on the back. That was a goal, wrongly disallowed.

You and I know that 99% of the time that is a free kick and the pgmol came out and said what they did only cos el basque launched a (well deserved) tirade in their direction

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The 3 teams that came up must be of the lowest standard since the PL began. Is the gap getting wider or is it just a one off this season?

Luton, Burnley and Sheffield United are the bottom three. Leicester, Leeds and Southampton make up 3 of the top 4 in the Championship despite all being utter gash last season and selling their best players.

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:31 pm
The 3 teams that came up must be of the lowest standard since the PL began. Is the gap getting wider or is it just a one off this season?

Luton, Burnley and Sheffield United are the bottom three. Leicester, Leeds and Southampton make up 3 of the top 4 in the Championship despite all being utter gash last season and selling their best players.

The gap is getting wider year after year - its called money. Common sense has told us that giving the same clubs £100m+ every season will in effect make it as good as a cartel that championship clubs have zero hope of competing with

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:31 pm

And Ipswich up from league one the other team, they have a reasonable budget for championship team but not in top 5 and would get destroyed if they came up.