Boornleh bawbags H Sat 11th Nov KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Boornleh bawbags H Sat 11th Nov KO 3pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up after tonight's boabying of Sevilla it's Boornleh at ours.Like always you can never know how it'll go and El beige will no doubt start Havertz and the pug :cry:

BobbyPires7

Re: Boornleh bawbags H Sat 11th Nov KO 3pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Havertz hat trick.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I wonder what Odds the Bookies are Offering on that!? :rubchin: :D

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:54 am
I wonder what Odds the Bookies are Offering on that!? :rubchin: :D
Hatrick of sclaffs 1/100

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Apparently, Edu is looking to offload Havertz to Real for half of what we paid for him :? :? Already in talks according to reports.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:15 am
Havertz hat trick.
Might be on course for the most pointless signing in history. Not even just shit, just floating around like the kid on the playground that was picked last and doesn't really want to play. Odds on him not getting a goal before Christmas. Can see the ball hitting him and flying in and Arteta using it to justify signing him :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:45 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:15 am
Havertz hat trick.
Might be on course for the most pointless signing in history. Not even just shit, just floating around like the kid on the playground that was picked last and doesn't really want to play. Odds on him not getting a goal before Christmas. Can see the ball hitting him and flying in and Arteta using it to justify signing him :lol:
"Might"... :D I think that boat has already sailed (and sunk Titanic-wise) mate! :wink:

That describes him exactly... It's as if it is the first time he has ever seen a football and most definitely the first time he has played the game...I have read & heard some 'Fans' :roll: ... say he finds Good Spaces etc, If so it is because he is wandering around wondering WTF he is supposed to do and arrives there purely by chance.

To be 'Given a Penalty To Take By His Team-Mates (God knows what they think!?) so that he can' score a goal' is so Embarrassing...

Trouble is should he somehow manage to help the ball over the line into the oppositions net, that would indeed give Arteta the excuse not to drop his useless carcass and keep playing him.. :roll: :banghead:

Reno Gooner: "Apparently, Edu is looking to offload Havertz to Real for half of what we paid for him :? :? Already in talks according to reports."

I hope to Dear God that is true, thing is though WHO In Their Fucking Right Mind would take him!??? Unless it's some kind of swap for a Chocolate Teapot, some Punctured Footballs, Some Used Tea-bags and a Promise to Sell Them Saka when they eventually come calling; which they will :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: He's on £330k a WEEK!, unless he "Knows" his time in English Football IS Done and wants to escape to better climes and is willing to take a 99% Drop in wages.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:15 pm
Apparently, Edu is looking to offload Havertz to Real for half of what we paid for him :? :? Already in talks according to reports.

Won't happen unfortunately, because as I said on here the other day, no one will pay him even half of the wages we're paying him. I doubt anyone would pay him a third of that. I just looked his deal up on google and he's on a five year deal worth an annual base salary of £14,500,000 per year!! That £72.5 m over 5 years!!

So, if a club offered half of his current wage (which they'd be bonkers to do), then he'd be dropping £7m a year and no one is going to agree to that.

I was also wondering if we could sell him so cheaply that the buying club could could agree to honour his existing salary, but once I saw what he earns, then that doesn't work, because they're picking up a £14.5 m tab for each year.

All in all, it looks like we're fucked. We've bought a proven 3 year flop for £65m and are in for an additional £72.5 m in wages. That's £137.5 m for the pleasure of watching Granit Havertz fanny aimlessly about. Arteta seriously needs sacking for this alone...fucking unforgivable.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:07 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:

Won't happen unfortunately, because as I said on here the other day, no one will pay him even half of the wages we're paying him. I doubt anyone would pay him a third of that. I just looked his deal up on google and he's on a five year deal worth an annual base salary of £14,500,000 per year!! That £72.5 m over 5 years!!

So, if a club offered half of his current wage (which they'd be bonkers to do), then he'd be dropping £7m a year and no one is going to agree to that.

I was also wondering if we could sell him so cheaply that the buying club could could agree to honour his existing salary, but once I saw what he earns, then that doesn't work, because they're picking up a £14.5 m tab for each year.

All in all, it looks like we're fucked. We've bought a proven 3 year flop for £65m and are in for an additional £72.5 m in wages. That's £137.5 m for the pleasure of watching Granit Havertz fanny aimlessly about. Arteta seriously needs sacking for this alone...fucking unforgivable.
Astonishing money when you add in the wages. What the fuck were Arteta and Edu thinking? :roll:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Real ale Madrid the pub team ? 🍺

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Going to this one and it’s my first back to back games in my 28 years of supporting the Arsenal, excited for a good day out! Long fucking day there and back with 9 hours train journey all in but as always worth it if we win.

So fucking win please Arsenal!

3-0.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

scotgooner wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:19 pm
Going to this one and it’s my first back to back games in my 28 years of supporting the Arsenal, excited for a good day out! Long fucking day there and back with 9 hours train journey all in but as always worth it if we win.

3-0.

Have a great day sg. Shows plenty of commitment to make that trip.

Can’t you bring Falky with you? :lol: :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

scotgooner wrote:

3-0.
Havertz hat trick. :lol:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:46 pm
scotgooner wrote:

3-0.
Have a great day sg. Shows plenty of commitment to make that trip.

Can’t you bring Falky with you? :lol: :wink:
Cheers mate! ,

If my fellow Scot wants to join that’s fine! :barscarf:

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:48 am
scotgooner wrote:

3-0.
Havertz hat trick. :lol:
I would take a havertz shot on goal mate! :lol: :roll: