Brentford bulbeyes A Sat 25th Nov KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Brentford bulbeyes A Sat 25th Nov KO 1730

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:38 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:45 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:48 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:44 pm
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:39 pm

No different from everyone else expecting the usual shite performance from Havertz.
But there IS a difference between the Ramsdale situation and the Harvertz situation:

Ramsdale for all his faults was often the one who kept us in games last season.... And had far more Good games than Bad and now he is only being given the occasional opportunity to try and prove himself worthy of a starting place (something we know is unlikely to happen - even if he works miracles in the games he does play, because Arteta's man is Raya). Whereas Havertz has been given chance after chance after chance etc etc etc and has still not turned up and contributed to the team and the games he has played in; at least not in the way one would expect a £68Million signing to )

Also, after being 'dumped' by arteta and literally having any confidence he did have crushed, there is every chance that ramsdale will be nervous rather than excited when taking to the field. Had Raya been a Noticeable improvement on Ramsdale in terms of ability etc then fine... But Raya has yet to show any improvement in terms of ability and levels as a goalie when compared to Ramsdale.
I agree that Raya has been incredibly poor, and has done nothing to impress in place of Ramsdale, but that doesn’t promote Ramsdale in being any/much better. Ramsdale had some very good games last season, and to his credit, he got the praise he deserved; but we cannot whitewash the fact that he’s also just as capable of a cock-up, and he has cost us goals too. Whether directly or indirectly.

Plus, I just cannot advocate for a goalkeeper that openly admits that he cannot hold his concentration for 90 mins. Especially, when we’ve seen actual examples of him fazing out and being distracted by the crowd/wanting to banter the crowd or a
pigeon on the pitch, as Southampton last year.

Ramsdale doesn’t inspire me with confidence, at all. Of course I want him to prove me wrong but I doubt it.
Have to admit you are Right.

That look from Arteta was like signing Ramsdale's Death sentence.
I posted this on Page 4 of the Game Thread... I'm guessing you didn't see it.
No, I didn’t; and to be fair, I’m not trying to ‘boast’ a point - merely continue our chat.

Suffice to say, I think we have two goalkeepers who do nothing other than inspire nervousness.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:21 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:38 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:45 pm
Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:48 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:44 pm

But there IS a difference between the Ramsdale situation and the Harvertz situation:

Ramsdale for all his faults was often the one who kept us in games last season.... And had far more Good games than Bad and now he is only being given the occasional opportunity to try and prove himself worthy of a starting place (something we know is unlikely to happen - even if he works miracles in the games he does play, because Arteta's man is Raya). Whereas Havertz has been given chance after chance after chance etc etc etc and has still not turned up and contributed to the team and the games he has played in; at least not in the way one would expect a £68Million signing to )

Also, after being 'dumped' by arteta and literally having any confidence he did have crushed, there is every chance that ramsdale will be nervous rather than excited when taking to the field. Had Raya been a Noticeable improvement on Ramsdale in terms of ability etc then fine... But Raya has yet to show any improvement in terms of ability and levels as a goalie when compared to Ramsdale.
I agree that Raya has been incredibly poor, and has done nothing to impress in place of Ramsdale, but that doesn’t promote Ramsdale in being any/much better. Ramsdale had some very good games last season, and to his credit, he got the praise he deserved; but we cannot whitewash the fact that he’s also just as capable of a cock-up, and he has cost us goals too. Whether directly or indirectly.

Plus, I just cannot advocate for a goalkeeper that openly admits that he cannot hold his concentration for 90 mins. Especially, when we’ve seen actual examples of him fazing out and being distracted by the crowd/wanting to banter the crowd or a
pigeon on the pitch, as Southampton last year.

Ramsdale doesn’t inspire me with confidence, at all. Of course I want him to prove me wrong but I doubt it.
Have to admit you are Right.

That look from Arteta was like signing Ramsdale's Death sentence.
I posted this on Page 4 of the Game Thread... I'm guessing you didn't see it.
No, I didn’t; and to be fair, I’m not trying to ‘boast’ a point - merely continue our chat.

Suffice to say, I think we have two goalkeepers who do nothing other than inspire nervousness.
For sure, in fact I would suggest fucking Heart "Palpitations" .... If it continues I just may have to stop watching games Live :cry: (GTN Spray at the ready). :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Midz wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:31 pm
That Havertz chant is fucking great innit! :barscarf:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rPQql-8mCac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf1Gq4Dl8IM

:proudtosay:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wrighty Celebrating Havertz Goal...in BBC Game Watch Studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imwrIqUz8Tw

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Wrll done klive still think your utter shite but hopefully a turning point and to cap it all scum 3 losses on the bounce

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:55 pm
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Wrll done klive still think your utter shite but hopefully a turning point and to cap it all scum 3 losses on the bounce

History makers apparently

The first team in prem history to lose when leading in 3 matches on the trot

To dare is to do shit