Everton docked 10 points + Other Corruption

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Everton docked 10 points

Post by DB10GOONER »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:30 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:18 pm
There's already an ongoing couple of posts on this mate, on the Other Matches This Week-end thread.

But I agree when are they gong to sort out $hitty and the Chavs????
Apologies, can merge if the MODs see fit.
Probably does need it's own thread. So with apologies to your good self Nutty I've amended the title slightly to incorporate other corruption issues like the chavs and citeh.

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:58 pm
Any other season and this would have sunk the c.unts but with the skid mark 3 already nailed on to go down they’ll survive this easily :banghead:
That is why they made the decision. Very easy...still wont go down against the shower they are up against.
Premier League is seemed to be strong...but really the decision means shit

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:04 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:00 pm
Meanwhile, it is clear to me that City's misdemeanours are deeper than some accounting regularities, and the Independent Commission are finding it harder to nail them. Even though they have 115 targets to aim at, but have lawyers at the other end that will potentially blow them out of the water as they did with UEFA a few years back.
Never underestimate just how many of the solicitors on the 'prosecution' side are leaking details of their investigation to Man City and the Abu Dhabi Royal Family in exchange for huge sums of money. It's always the way with these things.
I've had a look into this, we are already speaking to Abu Dhabi on a governmental level. You can imagine the discussion goes something like if you try to nail City with 115 charges, we will pull/stop investing our billions into the UK costing jobs and economic growth.

"The UK government has admitted its embassy in Abu Dhabi and the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) in London have discussed the charges levelled at Manchester City by the Premier League, but are refusing to disclose the correspondence because it could risk the UK's relationship with the United Arab ..."

That was a quote from an article in the Athletic a few weeks back, and underlines why you should never allow State-backed football clubs to exist.

Re your comment, its just pie in the sky as far as I am concerned. It might be correct, it probably isn't. Whats more important is the leverage that the UAE has against the UK if we actually do the right thing and go after City. And probably is the reason nothing has been done thus far.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:20 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Meanwhile, it is clear to me that City's misdemeanours are deeper than some accounting regularities, and the Independent Commission are finding it harder to nail them. Even though they have 115 targets to aim at, but have lawyers at the other end that will potentially blow them out of the water as they did with UEFA a few years back.
Never underestimate just how many of the solicitors on the 'prosecution' side are leaking details of their investigation to Man City and the Abu Dhabi Royal Family in exchange for huge sums of money. It's always the way with these things.
I've had a look into this, we are already speaking to Abu Dhabi on a governmental level. You can imagine the discussion goes something like if you try to nail City with 115 charges, we will pull/stop investing our billions into the UK costing jobs and economic growth.

"The UK government has admitted its embassy in Abu Dhabi and the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) in London have discussed the charges levelled at Manchester City by the Premier League, but are refusing to disclose the correspondence because it could risk the UK's relationship with the United Arab ..."

That was a quote from an article in the Athletic a few weeks back, and underlines why you should never allow State-backed football clubs to exist.

Re your comment, its just pie in the sky as far as I am concerned. It might be correct, it probably isn't. Whats more important is the leverage that the UAE has against the UK if we actually do the right thing and go after City. And probably is the reason nothing has been done thus far.

I am not surprised at all. It is absolutely horrendous that this is not only allowed to happen but that everyone involved openly knows it's going on. It's exactly the same why successive British governments failed to do anything about the Chavs and their war crime/ money laundering owner until they absolutely had to and even then, did very little. Same with the barcodes and the Saudis who are one of Britain's biggest arms purchasers.
From what I've read, isn't government or diplomatic interference in football banned under FIFA rules? Shouldn't the Home Nations be banned from competing in international competitions for this?

Perryashburtongroves

Re: Everton docked 10 points + Other Corruption

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I've just read this piece, which makes the point that so many supporters have made for years about how the Premier League deliberately turned a blind eye to financial cheating so as not to "damage the brand". The sooner their dealings are externally scrutinised or a independent inquiry into their practices held, the better:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 49328.html

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

subtleasaheadbutt wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:43 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:58 pm
Any other season and this would have sunk the c.unts but with the skid mark 3 already nailed on to go down they’ll survive this easily :banghead:
That is why they made the decision. Very easy...still wont go down against the shower they are up against.
Premier League is seemed to be strong...but really the decision means shit
Absolutely, on the face of it a 10 point deduction looks quite severe, in reality they will escape relegation (again) due to 3 teams being completely out of their depth.

On the plus side we have already been to Goodison and won, this might rile their crowd up ( if they take the time to stop turning on their own board / players etc) and maybe, just maybe, they take a few points off other teams that helps us

Please note I did say maybe 🤔

nut flush gooner

Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:02 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

I am not surprised at all. It is absolutely horrendous that this is not only allowed to happen but that everyone involved openly knows it's going on. It's exactly the same why successive British governments failed to do anything about the Chavs and their war crime/ money laundering owner until they absolutely had to and even then, did very little. Same with the barcodes and the Saudis who are one of Britain's biggest arms purchasers.
From what I've read, isn't government or diplomatic interference in football banned under FIFA rules? Shouldn't the Home Nations be banned from competing in international competitions for this?
FIFA is a sporting body, it has no power when it comes to international diplomatic relations. Taking ownership of football clubs up to state level as I said previously makes any leverage/muscle footballing authorities have defunct.

I won't say I told you so, but like the Brexit thread years ago I warned about the ramifications of allowing takeovers of clubs like Chelsea by a dubious overseas businessman whose background was never checked properly would always lead to situations like this. The FA is run by a bunch of clowns.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:05 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
nut flush gooner wrote:

FIFA is a sporting body, it has no power when it comes to international diplomatic relations. Taking ownership of football clubs up to state level as I said previously makes any leverage/muscle footballing authorities have defunct.

I won't say I told you so, but like the Brexit thread years ago I warned about the ramifications of allowing takeovers of clubs like Chelsea by a dubious overseas businessman whose background was never checked properly would always lead to situations like this. The FA is run by a bunch of clowns.
Holy Fuuuuck!... Of course now it all makes sense as to why Nothing is nor will be done. Money Talks and Truth fuckin' WALKS!

:suicide:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

They'll appeal and it will be halved.

Anyone remember when the Scum got docked points for financial irregularities back in 94 then it was magically halved?

The same will happen for Sheiky and the Renter's, a meagre punishment that will be reduced once they get their scummy lawyers back on the case.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Talking of Government level sponsored corruption. Yes, our government will condone it so we can sell them arms or whatnot.

The only way this will end is if a number of Clubs break away from the Premier League. It could be done again. Leave City, Chelsea and Newcastle to fight it out in a three way.

As it stands City and Chelsea and Newcastle will get away with it. It’s a total joke now and the Premier League Management Team is a sham.

nut flush gooner

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:48 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:05 am
nut flush gooner wrote:

Holy Fuuuuck!... Of course now it all makes sense as to why Nothing is nor will be done. Money Talks and Truth fuckin' WALKS!

:suicide:
Go onto twitter OBD half of them don't get it.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Where money's involved there will always be corruption. Always has, always will be. You think about all the refs going over to the middle east regularly to 'ref matches,'
Why are they using our shit refs?
...... Because they have massive interest in the world biggest league, the PL.
I bet money has changed hands, offshore accounts, all hush hush. Some of these refs are going to be very rich people and they know it, just a few dodgy decisions required each season.

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:21 am
Where money's involved there will always be corruption. Always has, always will be. You think about all the refs going over to the middle east regularly to 'ref matches,'
Why are they using our shit refs?
...... Because they have massive interest in the world biggest league, the PL.
I bet money has changed hands, offshore accounts, all hush hush. Some of these refs are going to be very rich people and they know it, just a few dodgy decisions required each season.

Exactly - corruption comes in many forms though, and imo the greed and thirst for money in football started a long time ago and AFC were complicit in it too. The champs league is all about money and keeping the big clubs richer and miles ahead of the smaller clubs, but nobody seems to object to that - it is comical calling it the "champions league" when you have teams who finished 4th in their domestic league (soon to be extended to 5th) taking part. Take a survey of Gooners and see how many would support going back to the old system where only one team per league qualifies and you will see a large percentage oppose it based on how much money our club will miss out on - that smacks of hypocrisy to me. Take a straw poll of football fans up in arms over the state owned clubs financial clout, and you will find most are fans of rival clubs - most football fans of small clubs probably dont give a flying fcuk cos they aint gonna win any of those trophies anyway, so this "moral outrage" is to a large degree self serving imo.

Football is no longer the game I grew up loving - it is a monopoly/cartel now and that wont change anytime soon

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nutty "Go onto twitter OBG half of them don't get it." I'm Banned mate, can't even look at anything :roll: Something to do with calling Elon musk a Slimey, Reptilian-Looking narcissiticCUNT.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:18 pm
Nutty "Go onto twitter OBG half of them don't get it." I'm Banned mate, can't even look at anything :roll: Something to do with calling Elon musk a Slimey, Reptilian-Looking narcissiticCUNT.
:coffeespit:

Worth it though! :barscarf: :lol: