Everton docked 10 points + Other Corruption

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Everton docked 10 points + Other Corruption

Post by nut flush gooner »

Still waiting for City and Chelsea's punishment. Football is corrupt.

OneBardGooner

Re: Everton docked 10 points

Post by OneBardGooner »

There's already an ongoing couple of posts on this mate, on the Other Matches This Week-end thread.

But I agree when are they gong to sort out $hitty and the Chavs????

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

City and Chelsea have gone to the bottom of the pile . Much more important things to handle now that they are coming for Arteta and Arsenal.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Good to hear that they have acted on Everton but of course the main story here is Manchester City.

All PL clubs should now demand that action is taken against them or consider leaving/boycotting the Premier League until something is done.

The reality is that City have already won the league this season - they would anyway but it’s more than a bit suspicious that their two main rivals have had extraordinary VAR decisions go against them…More to follow if there is a chance City might fall short

nut flush gooner

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:18 pm
There's already an ongoing couple of posts on this mate, on the Other Matches This Week-end thread.

Apologies, can merge if the MODs see fit.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:30 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

In my opinion this deserves its own thread. It’s a big deal and this issue of financial corruption is going to run and run…or certainly should do.

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:28 pm
Good to hear that they have acted on Everton but of course the main story here is Manchester City.

All PL clubs should now demand that action is taken against them or consider leaving/boycotting the Premier League until something is done.

The reality is that City have already won the league this season - they would anyway but it’s more than a bit suspicious that their two main rivals have had extraordinary VAR decisions go against them…More to follow if there is a chance City might fall short

Not for me - for me the main story is the chav club who publicly acknowledged that the russian crock was owed £2.3 BILLION by them at the time of the sale of the club. If clubs are only allowed spend what they generate, then how could they owe him that much money ??? Reality is that he bankrolled them through ill gotten gians and they spent it to buy en vogue overpriced crap and maintained the image of a rich club even though it was all borrowed. It was one thing getting away with all that buying at the time, but when it came to light when the club was being sold, not one media outlet or not one club raised the question about how they owed the crook that money, and no-one asked if spending all that borrowed money was the reason for their trophies - of course we all know that it was, but the reality is that the premier league can nail a club like everton no problem, but if they nail a club that has won trophies it would automatically call into question the integrity of those successes and would lead to calls to strip those clubs off those victories and that casts a stain over the whole league and that wont be allowed happen.
If everton have balls then they go after the chavs big time now, but I dont think they will do that - the premier league would have no ground to stand on if everton cite the chavs, so evertons case would either be brushed under the carpet OR a shitstorm will be heading towards chav central

OneBardGooner

FINANCIAL CORRUPTION IN THE PREM

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:13 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

In my opinion this deserves its own thread. It’s a big deal and this issue of financial corruption is going to run and run…or certainly should do.
Yes, I think it probably does, I was just letting Nutty know :oops:

Nutty could you Re-title the thread maybe to something along the Lines of FINANCIAL CORRUPTION IN THE PREM: Everyone will then know it's not just about Everton but also those cheatingCunts $hitty and the Chavs.?

Only a suggestion mate it's your thread. :)

nut flush gooner

augie wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:55 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:28 pm

Not for me - for me the main story is the chav club who publicly acknowledged that the russian crock was owed £2.3 BILLION by them at the time of the sale of the club. If clubs are only allowed spend what they generate, then how could they owe him that much money ??? Reality is that he bankrolled them through ill gotten gians and they spent it to buy en vogue overpriced crap and maintained the image of a rich club even though it was all borrowed. It was one thing getting away with all that buying at the time, but when it came to light when the club was being sold, not one media outlet or not one club raised the question about how they owed the crook that money, and no-one asked if spending all that borrowed money was the reason for their trophies - of course we all know that it was, but the reality is that the premier league can nail a club like everton no problem, but if they nail a club that has won trophies it would automatically call into question the integrity of those successes and would lead to calls to strip those clubs off those victories and that casts a stain over the whole league and that wont be allowed happen.
If everton have balls then they go after the chavs big time now, but I dont think they will do that - the premier league would have no ground to stand on if everton cite the chavs, so evertons case would either be brushed under the carpet OR a shitstorm will be heading towards chav central
He wasn't owed anything, he was found to be a Money Launderer with a deep association with the Kremlin, and had all of his assets in the UK seized before he could get them out of the country. You need to look at the other end of the story ie how he acquired his wealth. The authorities both the FA and UK government turned a blind eye to that in 2003.

When the sale was completed, the proceeds were put into a bank account and meant to be given to humanitarian causes in Ukraine. They form no part of FFP calculations and the day-to-day running of the club. I don't doubt however, that both historically and more recently Chelsea have to questions to answer in terms of how they conducted transfer negotiations.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... g%20bodies.

Going forward if they don't make the CL in the years to come as well, all this spending under Boehly will catch up with them.

nut flush gooner

Meanwhile, it is clear to me that City's misdemeanours are deeper than some accounting regularities, and the Independent Commission are finding it harder to nail them. Even though they have 115 targets to aim at, but have lawyers at the other end that will potentially blow them out of the water as they did with UEFA a few years back.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

nut flush gooner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

In the mean time though we can all add comments and quite towers

Scandalous

Thought it was 12 points !

Typical that 10 point deduction may not be enough to sink the bastards !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:12 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

In the mean time though we can all add comments and quite towers

Scandalous

Thought it was 12 points !

Typical that 10 point deduction may not be enough to sink the bastards !
Yes!! Let's Voice our Opposition by also erecting (Ooooh err missus!!) Quote Towers!!! :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:00 pm
Meanwhile, it is clear to me that City's misdemeanours are deeper than some accounting regularities, and the Independent Commission are finding it harder to nail them. Even though they have 115 targets to aim at, but have lawyers at the other end that will potentially blow them out of the water as they did with UEFA a few years back.
Never underestimate just how many of the solicitors on the 'prosecution' side are leaking details of their investigation to Man City and the Abu Dhabi Royal Family in exchange for huge sums of money. It's always the way with these things.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Can't wait for the European super league, I mean we'll probably get cheated in that to as will be loaded with Arab owned clubs but at least the PL and all those sucking on the golden tit will have absolutely fuck all power and will fade into obscurity

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Any other season and this would have sunk the c.unts but with the skid mark 3 already nailed on to go down they’ll survive this easily :banghead: