Luton Labia Lips A Tues 5th Dec KO 815pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: Luton Labia Lips A Tues 5th Dec KO 815pm

Post by Retro Gunner »

Been out after work and home half an hour ago, so missed the game, but just read this thread and watched highlights of the goals on the internet.

From what you guys were saying, we were poor, but got out of jail at the death. We really shouldn't be struggling against a crap outfit like Luton, even if the ref was as bad as you guys were saying. Still, life is made fucking difficult when your keeper gifts the oppo 2 goals.

Ramsdale isn't good enough to play at the very top level, but fuck me, he needs to start before Raya. We've only got the bloke on loan, but we all know that Arteta will sign him permanently even if he fucks up like that in every game, because just like his mentor, the Old Fraud, he won't admit to being wrong. He was recommended by our goalkeeping coach (did he also recommend Runarsspn?), but the buck stops with Legohead.

Sounds as though Odegaard went missing as usual in a tough game and that is simply unacceptable. I wasn't a fan of the Rice signing, particularly for the amount paid, but thank fuck we bought him, because I dread to think where we'd be without him in the side.

Hard to believe that we're top as we've got away with murder so far this season and you can't keep getting away with it. We're a goalkeeper, a centre mid and a centre forward away from being the complete team, but I'm not expecting Arteta to act on any of that.

Anyway, 3 points I suppose.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:25 am
Been out after work and home half an hour ago, so missed the game, but just read this thread and watched highlights of the goals on the internet.

From what you guys were saying, we were poor, but got out of jail at the death. We really shouldn't be struggling against a crap outfit like Luton, even if the ref was as bad as you guys were saying. Still, life is made fucking difficult when your keeper gifts the oppo 2 goals.

Ramsdale isn't good enough to play at the very top level, but fuck me, he needs to start before Raya. We've only got the bloke on loan, but we all know that Arteta will sign him permanently even if he fucks up like that in every game, because just like his mentor, the Old Fraud, he won't admit to being wrong. He was recommended by our goalkeeping coach (did he also recommend Runarsspn?), but the buck stops with Legohead.

Sounds as though Odegaard went missing as usual in a tough game and that is simply unacceptable. I wasn't a fan of the Rice signing, particularly for the amount paid, but thank fuck we bought him, because I dread to think where we'd be without him in the side.

Hard to believe that we're top as we've got away with murder so far this season and you can't keep getting away with it. We're a goalkeeper, a centre mid and a centre forward away from being the complete team, but I'm not expecting Arteta to act on any of that.

You should have gone to bed instead of writing this drivel. How can you objectively say anything about a game if you haven't seen a minute of it, and then rely on this forum of all places to form an opinion.

Arsenal in the attacking sense created chances, it was the Goalkeeper that made the game what it was. As for Odegaard, it was one of his best performances in months. Seems like he's getting over his injury niggles he's had recently.

Arteta is a fucking nutter, just wish he'd acknowledge Raya isn't an upgrade on Ramsdale, all very well having the stats but playing for a big club like Arsenal is totally different gravy to what he has experienced so far in his career. Some players just don't have the temperament.

If this is what gets said when we are five points clear in a much closer title race, god help us when we do go on a bad run, some people will be suicidal.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I thought Ode did well. He's puts in 150%, it's always him pressing the defence first! He was the focal point in midfield and what a ball for the winner :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Lads he was a complete coward pulling out of 50/50 challenges and misplacing passes.

He did make up for it with that cross at the end but to say he had a good game is madness

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Lads he was a complete coward pulling out of 50/50 challenges and misplacing passes.

He did make up for it with that cross at the end but to say he had a good game is madness
Funny how we all see things differently. I'm not saying he had a superb game but he gave everything and was central to everything we did, always available, picking the ball up deep, the main man setting up attacks. He presses like a demon, only Jesus puts anywhere near as much into pressing as him. So much went through him last night, I thought he was decent overall.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:25 am

:D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:45 pm
Thank you Declan for a very nice birthday present. :D :D
Happy birthday mate! :barscarf:

What age are you admitting to? :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:47 pm
Scenes you love to see

https://twitter.com/i/status/1732167338693103989 8) :barscarf:
Superb jostle! :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:51 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:48 pm
Mikel Arteta will not be on the touch line against Aston Villa as he will now serve a ban due to receiving 3 yellow cards.

He was booked for celebrating a goal scored in the 97th minute.
Booked for celebrating a goal, just like that tramp at the dippers always is or that bald prick from man cheaty always are. Oh, hold on a moment...
You simply could not make it up. :roll: Booked for celebrating a late winner. :oops: :roll: The fucking game is eating its own arsehole. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:53 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:51 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Mikel Arteta will not be on the touch line against Aston Villa as he will now serve a ban due to receiving 3 yellow cards.

Booked for celebrating a goal, just like that tramp at the dippers always is or that bald prick from man cheaty always are. Oh, hold on a moment...
When we scored he was starting to run towards the players until 1 of the arsenal coaching staff stopped him ,so I'm only presuming the 4th official reported him to the ref for leaving his technical area :roll:
Weren't all the managers warned at the beginning of the season by Pigmaul that "over celebrating" was deemed as incitement or some such shit and would be punished with a booking? Or did I just dream that?

Either way it is utter fucking stupidity. The game has become such a vapid sanitised bag of shit it gets harder to enjoy every season. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:52 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:

He will get a birds eye view of flapper Raya gifting Villa a goal or three

I am so happy with the team
:lol:

We now have to outscore our own keeper every game. :fryingpan: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ian Wright ! Wright ! Wright !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfuK0ddJn8U

:D

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:06 am

Well said that man - the amount of 50/50s he pulled out of was a disgrace, and his use of the ball last night was largely poor.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:28 am
Ian Wright ! Wright ! Wright !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfuK0ddJn8U

:D
:coffeespit: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Love Wrighty. 8)

DB10GOONER