Villa Vaginas A Sat 9th Dec KO 530pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Villa Vaginas A Sat 9th Dec KO 530pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

As I have repeatedly said, VAR are not looking for infringements to award us a pen. So we will never get one unless blatantly obvious. Look at the Luton pull on Gabriel and Cash’s handball and Jesus’ foul. On the other hand VAR is actively looking for reasons to disallow our goals or award an oppo a pen. If you can’t see that this is going on then you are literally blind.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Ray C wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:14 am
A referee has had a good game when you don't notice him on the pitch - Havertz should take up refereeing.
Imagine how good we could be with a REAL number 10 !!.
Too many wasted chances today. Did they have a shot in the second half ?. :barscarf: :barscarf:
:coffeespit: Very good, Ray.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

That’s it Bobby. It’s rage against the machine, fucking soul destroying trying knowing going into every game that they’ll use every trick in the book to fuck us over. It’s sickening. I haven’t the fight for this shit anymore, the game is ill
and there’s fuck all we can do about it.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

One final thing to say. If Havertz had left it to Nketiah to toe the ball in, the goal would have stood.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:29 am
As I have repeatedly said, VAR are not looking for infringements to award us a pen. So we will never get one unless blatantly obvious. Look at the Luton pull on Gabriel and Cash’s handball and Jesus’ foul. On the other hand VAR is actively looking for reasons to disallow our goals or award an oppo a pen. If you can’t see that this is going on then you are literally blind.
All true, Bobby. The system is set up to see or not see what things which you do or don't want to see. The rules for VAR use seem to change depending on the team and depending on the incident. We can all see that. Elbow to the face=red card. Kicking a player in the calf when trying to kick the ball inside the box= penalty, use your hand to block the ball inside the box= penalty. All three of those are clear as daylight. When you don't want to even look for them though, you won't find them. It's disgusting. Compare it to cricket, when a team refer an LBW and it's also caught by a close fielder. The third umpire checks the LBW appeal and then looks to see if there are any other dismissals which come into effect. Last night, we saw a gang and that's what they are, a fucking gang of officials all doing what they wanted with no accountability and no process. They need a published protocol which appears on screen, showing what they are looking at, why and then the order of decisions. Or just fucking broadcast the conversations to the TV viewers. "Was there a kick on the leg of Jesus?" "Yes. It's a penalty." End of discussion. There is no law in place that states anything about whether there was enough 'contact'. That's modern day bollocks made up to justify English players like Rooney and Gerrard constantly diving and foreign players being 'cheats.' If they can't see the kick on Jesus, they aren't capable of making decisions at this level or they're cheating. If the whole thing wasn't corrupt then they would have transparent systems in place.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The Jesus foul was apparently not a foul as it didn’t cause him to fall over. So by default every foul has to make you fall over. Really? I don’t remember force being part of the definition for a foul. So now any foul can only ever be a penalty if it forced you to fall over. Yet weren’t Newcastle given a pen v Wolves the other week for a graze across someone’s toe? Schar I think it was turned it into a somersault from the equivalent of someone blowing on him. The fact that PGMOL refuse to even see the inconsistency confirms their own commitment to a conspiracy against certain clubs.

As we all know this is complete and utter bollocks. To be filed in the forearm to the head rather than an elbow to the head.

I am deadly serious that Arsenal might as well go rogue and publically accuse the PGMOL of not following the rules of the game. It’s clearly and easily provable. We cannot allow referees to continue to make up rules that don’t exist in order to continue defrauding us out of decisions.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Regarding the Havertz handball decision, correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the new ruling only works one way.

Eg. If the ball accidentally hits the arm of a defender whose arm is in a natural position, then it’s no penalty. However, if the ball accidentally strikes an attacking player and a goal then follows, it’s given as handball. If I’m correct, that would explain why the decision was given against Havertz but not Cash.

It’s a ridiculous law and the hand ball ought to be changed back to deliberate hand to ball, or accidental ball to hand for all parties. I also think it’s a stupid rule that penalties are awarded against defenders when their arm is in an “unnatural” position away from their body. In most cases it simply unconscious balance. You lunge in with your right leg out to block a shot and your left arm will “naturally” rise up in counterbalance. Nothing unnatural about it.

All that said, it does look as though there’s a deliberate conspiracy against us, which is payback for Arteta. What the club ought to do is compile a video of all the occasions where there were clear contradictory decisions made for the same circumstances and happenings and ask the authorities to explain the chronic lack of consistency. Ask for an open discussion of the video on tv and I’m sure Sky wouldn’t be able to resist showing it. If the FA/PGMOL refuse to meet, then get it aired anyway.

Midz

Post by Midz »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:53 pm
The Jesus foul was apparently not a foul as it didn’t cause him to fall over. So by default every foul has to make you fall over. Really? I don’t remember ........
I got up to go to the kitchen and my sleeve brushed against the TV and Jesus fell over. :D

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:29 am
Absolutely 100% nail on the head Bobby.They fuck us over again and again..they know they are fucking us over.. they know that we know they're fucking us over.. and they'll keep on fucking us over again and again cos they know they'll keep getting away with it.*word censored*.

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:45 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:53 pm
The Jesus foul was apparently not a foul as it didn’t cause him to fall over. So by default every foul has to make you fall over. Really? I don’t remember ........
I got up to go to the kitchen and my sleeve brushed against the TV and Jesus fell over. :D

That explains a lot - I seen him fall and couldnt work out why :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:43 am
That’s it Bobby. It’s rage against the machine, fucking soul destroying trying knowing going into every game that they’ll use every trick in the book to fuck us over. It’s sickening. I haven’t the fight for this shit anymore, the game is ill

Like I suggested last night, if a group of supporters lost out financially (betting on games) because VAR incompetents were not enforcing their own rules, then maybe it might force change - video replays are meant to stop mistakes being made, and maybe the only one to stop this shit continuing is to make them financially every time they cheat their own rules. When a referee makes a mistake it can be explained by poor view or perspective or some shit like that, but the var officials are in a room with a clear view that they can rewind and watch again and again, and they cannot use their own interpretations on rules (a push in back is only a foul if it reaches a minimum amount of force is not in rule book), so either they enforce the rules as in the FIFA rule book or they pay financially

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:22 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:43 am

Like I suggested last night, if a group of supporters lost out financially (betting on games) because VAR incompetents were not enforcing their own rules, then maybe it might force change - video replays are meant to stop mistakes being made, and maybe the only one to stop this shit continuing is to make them financially every time they cheat their own rules. When a referee makes a mistake it can be explained by poor view or perspective or some shit like that, but the var officials are in a room with a clear view that they can rewind and watch again and again, and they cannot use their own interpretations on rules (a push in back is only a foul if it reaches a minimum amount of force is not in rule book), so either they enforce the rules as in the FIFA rule book or they pay financially
I backed a red card and a penalty in last night's game in running singles and a double,both should have happened but didn't.Skybet have my 20 quid cos of that incompetence lastnight.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

All i would say on the VAR subject, is that I've yet to meet a fan of any team who thinks their team consistently benefits from it. Nearly everyone quotes decisions that have gone against them, and thinks everyone else gets the benefit. It you were a Palace fan yesterday for example you'd be raging at the overturned penalty. We were raging last season at Palace for Tomiaysu's two soft yellows, but Ayew's were equally soft yesterdah. A Mickeys fan would say "how comes Villa got away with the same thing we got punished for" for the penalty given to Palace

I do think we've had a few dodgy ones recently but the problem for me is overwhelming incompetence and a pre determined approach to make it so controversial and cumbersome that fans would demand its removal. On that latter point I've got to say they have done an amazing job because fans up and down the country are saying to do away with it.

When I started watching football our refs were the envy of the world game. Now I don't rate any of them. The standards are worryingly low and the tech designed to help them is actually making it harder.

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:18 pm
All i would say on the VAR subject, is that I've yet to meet a fan of any team who thinks their team consistently benefits from it. Nearly everyone quotes decisions that have gone against them, and thinks everyone else gets the benefit. It you were a Palace fan yesterday for example you'd be raging at the overturned penalty. We were raging last season at Palace for Tomiaysu's two soft yellows, but Ayew's were equally soft yesterdah. A Mickeys fan would say "how comes Villa got away with the same thing we got punished for" for the penalty given to Palace

I do think we've had a few dodgy ones recently but the problem for me is overwhelming incompetence and a pre determined approach to make it so controversial and cumbersome that fans would demand its removal. On that latter point I've got to say they have done an amazing job because fans up and down the country are saying to do away with it.

When I started watching football our refs were the envy of the world game. Now I don't rate any of them. The standards are worryingly low and the tech designed to help them is actually making it harder.

I agree - I have said it a few times on here but wolves have got seriously screwed more times than anyone imo which is why I dont go along with this conspiracy against us talk. Fact is that more often than not we are talking incompetence rather than corruption, BUT it still infuriates me when no suitable punishment gets handed out to the c.unts involved. I know I go on about it A LOT, but the bullshit they came out with re the push on gabriel in geordieland is still boiling my piss - that is c.unts rewriting the rule book to suit their own narrative, and they need to be challenged on that. I'm fast losing interest in football these days, and while a large part of it is el basque and his favourites/repeated fcuk ups, a large part of it is also where the game is going now with money and var and incompetent officials, plus of course the utter predictability of the game nowadays

augie

Post by augie »

EC1 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:10 pm
Personally I think Havertz goal or no goal wasn’t clear.

To say it was an obvious goal in my opinion you have your Arsenal head in.

In no way does it compare to Newcastle game.

Cue abuse……..

abuse ?? Being ignored by everyone is the ultimate kick in the nuts :lol: :lol: :lol: