Fulham Fartpipes A Sun 31st Dec KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Fulham Fartpipes A Sun 31st Dec KO 2pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:14 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:15 pm
We've scored 3 goals from 81 attempts over the last 4 games. Dreadful.

To make matters worse we’ve conceded eight goals from the last 15 shots on target faced in the league.

So creating shit loads of chances but failing to put the ball in the net up one end while conceding over 50% of the shots on target down the other.

Not good.

You would hope that those stats would have to right themselves sooner rather than later but we seem extremely adept at squandering loads of chances and then conceding the first time the opposition cross the half way line.

Does this not also counter prove our “process” of controlling the game with 1,000 passes while our opponents get 25-30% possession yet manage to score ?

No cutting edge blunts even the best made sword

( old Suffolk proverb)

:rubchin: Good point (no pun intended) Stuart, I recall researching 'sayings' from various parts of our Beloved Briton when studying at Uni and recall one particular saying (also with its roots in Suffolk) that is difficult to forget:

"Grannies Bloomers Smell Of Cheese and Haddock"

Not quite sure what it means but it does have a certain recency to it even though it is reported to be some hundreds of year old.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

What we need now is for the team to unite and roll their sleeves up, battle for every 50/50 give everything for the team.......

unfortuately thats not this team.....another defeat... :banghead:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Absolute must win. If we don't then it will be really hard to come back to win the title. If we lose, then top 4 starts to come into question!! :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:35 pm
Absolute must win. If we don't then it will be really hard to come back to win the title. If we lose, then top 4 starts to come into question!! :rubchin:

Yup.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Gotta be honest I don't think it'll make a difference to our pathetic title aspirations. If we don't drop 3 points here we'll drop them somewhere else. I have zero faith in Martinez-Lite now. :|

He cannot even see the basics he is so wrapped up in his need to be seen as some kind of genius that has rewritten the theory of how football should be played or whatever fucking ego trip the giddy cùnt is on. :roll:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

It will be the same team and formation tomorrow (Havertz probably in for Trossard)we'll play exactly the same way as last Thurs night ,have all the possession in the 1st 10 mins and then promptly lose the ball when in possession (I'm going to go Zinchenko or Odegaard to lose it)and concede from their 1st shot on goal.

Deja vu

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:35 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Gotta be honest I don't think it'll make a difference to our pathetic title aspirations. If we don't drop 3 points here we'll drop them somewhere else. I have zero faith in Martinez-Lite now. :|

He cannot even see the basics he is so wrapped up in his need to be seen as some kind of genius that has rewritten the theory of how football should be played or whatever fucking ego trip the giddy cùnt is on. :roll:

^^^ Yep, this 100%.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Earlier in the season we were picking up points when not playing well and eventually that catches up with you. If I'm Fulham, I double up on Saka and Martinelli, forcing us to play the ball centrally to Jesus who will then play it out wide again( as he did numerous times against West Ham). This will be sideways and backwards football that would make Wenger proud. Arteta has been found out but Fulham might be shit enough to not exploit it, probably 1-1 at best :cry:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:55 pm
It will be the same team and formation tomorrow (Havertz probably in for Trossard)we'll play exactly the same way as last Thurs night ,have all the possession in the 1st 10 mins and then promptly lose the ball when in possession (I'm going to go Zinchenko or Odegaard to lose it)and concede from their 1st shot on goal.

Deja vu

This is def the type of tight and congested pitch that frequently see's odeargod go missing as he fails to deal with the harassment from opposition midfielders in first half hour - make no mistake if we concede tomorrow we will be fcuked royally, BUT if we score first we might just sneak the win with martinelli and rice grabbing the goals

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:10 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:14 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:15 pm
We've scored 3 goals from 81 attempts over the last 4 games. Dreadful.

To make matters worse we’ve conceded eight goals from the last 15 shots on target faced in the league.

So creating shit loads of chances but failing to put the ball in the net up one end while conceding over 50% of the shots on target down the other.

Not good.

You would hope that those stats would have to right themselves sooner rather than later but we seem extremely adept at squandering loads of chances and then conceding the first time the opposition cross the half way line.

Does this not also counter prove our “process” of controlling the game with 1,000 passes while our opponents get 25-30% possession yet manage to score ?

No cutting edge blunts even the best made sword

( old Suffolk proverb)

:rubchin: Good point (no pun intended) Stuart, I recall researching 'sayings' from various parts of our Beloved Briton when studying at Uni and recall one particular saying (also with its roots in Suffolk) that is difficult to forget:

"Grannies Bloomers Smell Of Cheese and Haddock"

Not quite sure what it means but it does have a certain recency to it even though it is reported to be some hundreds of year old.
Translated into Jockaneese that is "Grans fannys fucking howlin of cheese n fish" :shock: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bounce back in this one. Not sure why I think so but confident we will see these off pretty comfortably

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:43 pm
Bounce back in this one. Not sure why I think so but confident we will see these off pretty comfortably
Posted at 10:43……three or four hours on the hard stuff eh SteveO?

:lol: :wink:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Good to see Tomiyasu getting fit but then he's away to the Asia cup!
Arteta would have known this when he let Tierney go.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Good solid convincing win today , everyone has a happy new year and we sign a top striker in the first week of the window.

Simple really.

:rubchin: :D :barscarf:

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:59 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:35 pm
TeeCee wrote:

^^^ Yep, this 100%.
I concur.
Diet Pep us complete fucking bluffer.