Shower of bindipping arseholes* who got us all banned in the 80s H Fa Cup Sun 7th Jan KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Natural Born Gooner

Re: Shower of bindipping arseholes* who got us all banned in the 80s H Fa Cup Sun 7th Jan KO 430pm

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Bob Bayliss wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:51 pm
Here's a prediction. Salah will take the Saudi league money, if not now then certainly in the summer. Klopp will buy a want-away Saka as his replacement, at a price which reflects his form this season, rather than what he would have been worth a year ago. He will turn Saka into the player we knew he was capable of being, especially every time they play us. He will tear Zinchenko or Kiwior a new one every time (Timber will be permanently injured).

You read it here first.
Don't forget when Real Madrid come calling for Saliba to be their main marquee signing defender for their team of young hungry players.

falkirk goon

Re: Shower of bindipping arseholes* who got us all banned in the 80s H Fa Cup Sun 7th Jan KO 430pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:43 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:38 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:31 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:09 pm
I'm playing my first season of Football Manager 24.
3 points clear on January 1st and I've just bought Osimhen to fire me to the title.
Buy Havertz in the window, that'll set fire to your title chances
He's already in the squad. Is this year's squad.
I held on to Tierney.
Just sold Ruell Walters for 15.75M!
Resign now. See if it works in real life.
:coffeespit: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

When I saw the outs for them I felt we had a chance. In all the years I've watched the Gunners I've never seen a more pathetic centre forward display. Avitz fuckin' useless.
Top four this year? in your dreams. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

Top of the table by 5 points after 25games and now Salina has gone and broken his leg. Out for 8 months! Fuck's sake

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Couldn’t watch this live. Recorded the game and avoided the score. Just watched it and wish I fucking hadn’t.

No surprise we lost, as I’d said we would, but when I saw their side I thought we ought to be winning this. We’ll never play a weaker Liverpool side than this and if we can’t beat that lot, then we deserve fuck all.

Havertz is worse than useless, he’s fucking horrendous and how he’s playing at the top level I’ll never know. He has absolutely nothing about him, no saving grace at all and always makes the wrong decision. I’m serious when I say that Arteta needs sacking just for blowing 65 million on this bloke, let alone his other managerial failings.

Havertz aside, no one else comes out with any credit (with the exception of Saliba and perhaps Gabriel) and we’re woeful up front. If you can’t put the ball in the net, then you don’t win football matches. Failing to sign a proper goalscorer is the other main reason that Arteta ought to be getting his cards.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:39 pm
Couldn’t watch this live. Recorded the game and avoided the score. Just watched it and wish I fucking hadn’t.

No surprise we lost, as I’d said we would, but when I saw their side I thought we ought to be winning this. We’ll never play a weaker Liverpool side than this and if we can’t beat that lot, then we deserve fuck all.

Havertz is worse than useless, he’s fucking horrendous and how he’s playing at the top level I’ll never know. He has absolutely nothing about him, no saving grace at all and always makes the wrong decision. I’m serious when I say that Arteta needs sacking just for blowing 65 million on this bloke, let alone his other managerial failings.

Havertz aside, no one else comes out with any credit (with the exception of Saliba and perhaps Gabriel) and we’re woeful up front. If you can’t put the ball in the net, then you don’t win football matches. Failing to sign a proper goalscorer is the other main reason that Arteta ought to be getting his cards.
Failing to sign a proper goalscorer having spent 700m in total and also having a converted centre half as his regular right back and a choice at left back between another centre half in Kiwior, a permacrock right footed bag of nerves in Tomyiasu and a midfielder who can't defend full stop in Zinchenko

How many more hundreds of millions would it take before the squad actually has some balance???

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:39 pm

But don’t we get a point for 75% possession? :banghead:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:32 pm
Merkin head is obsessed with copying Pep.
4 centre backs across defence or inverting full backs, false 9's, JdP tactics/formations. Some people call him generational.... He's a plagiarist that's all, he's just copying a previously successful set up. Problem is, times have changed and that is no longer the way to win!

Here's something radical...... Get two full backs who can defend and make runs forward. Buy someone who can play alongside Rice in a double pivot, someone who stays fit for more than 3 games in a row. Give Saka and Martinelli licence to roam, don't have them standing on the touchline waiting for the ball all game. Bin Havertz, Zinchenko, Kiwior, Jorginho, Jesus, Eddie, Nelson. Sign a quality Striker and a quality attacking central midfielder along with the RB and CM we need.
Last thing, mix up the tactics/formations ffs!! Double pivot against the better teams away, single pivot at home to the lesser teams etc. Fuck the inverting full back bollocks, it's not needed if your midfield is good enough!!! :banghead: :banghead:
fuckin hell you are far too sensible.....agree with all of that...

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Just looked at my old woman’s FB account,fuck me there are some absolute drainpipes on there STILL backing Arteta,just shows how some of our fan base are so fucking happy to settle for mediocrity and watch that turgid spineless shit every week,this will literally turn into Wengerball MkII before our very eyes “oh but look what Ateta’s done for us”,go get fucked

We’ve regressed so much,square pegs in round holes,no balance,plays his “mates” every week,we may mathematically still be able to win the league but in reality we are fucking light years away

Fucking deluded

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

The scary thing is when you analyse this squad there are very few who are clearly good enough to win major trophies: I'd say just Saliba, Rice, Oedegaard, Saka (despite his awful form). Not Martinelli, who has regressed. Gabriel has his good days but is too error-prone. Ditto the two keepers. This is down to Arteta - it's now his squad, he can't blame what he's inherited.

augie

Post by augie »

robbo10 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:55 am
Just looked at my old woman’s FB account, fuck me there are some absolute drainpipes on there STILL backing Arteta,just shows how some of our fan base are so fucking happy to settle for mediocrity and watch that turgid spineless shit every week,this will literally turn into Wengerball MkII before our very eyes “oh but look what Ateta’s done for us”,go get fucked
We’ve regressed so much,square pegs in round holes,no balance,plays his “mates” every week,we may mathematically still be able to win the league but in reality we are fucking light years away

Fucking deluded

No denying that last season we had a great run (until the end of season collapse :roll: :oops: :oops: ), and nobody is saying that the fans shouldnt have enjoyed or celebrated it, but I cannot understand how some fans choose (and it is a choice) to totally ignore how shit the other big clubs were last season - if we had of won the league I would have celebrated it like it was 2002 again, but I would also have been very conscious that winning the league would have given an inflated view of the progress made, but it seems that saying that or taking that position is seen as blasphemy by a lot of Gooners :roll: Like I said a million times before, everyone has a right to their opinion, so if others wanted to interpret last season as a sign that we are back and that el basque is a great manager then that is their right, but the question now is where do you go from here ? History should have shown Gooners that if you stay committed to a myth it can only lead to a lot of heartache - to fix problems you have to first recognise them, and in AFC we have a two fold problem in that area. Firstly we have a manager that cannot see that his methods are failing so he wont change them and we'll get more of the same, but likewise we have a lot of fans who wont see arteta as not good enough and become entrenched in their position even though what is unfolding in front of their eyes should be telling them differently. They might moan a little and say things like "if arteta just changed this", but the reality is that el basque wont change his methods cos he believes in his way (as most managers will), so if the fans want things to change then the manager has to go cos diet pep will NOT CHANGE

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:41 am
robbo10 wrote:
Just looked at my old woman’s FB account, fuck me there are some absolute drainpipes on there STILL backing Arteta,just shows how some of our fan base are so fucking happy to settle for mediocrity and watch that turgid spineless shit every week,this will literally turn into Wengerball MkII before our very eyes “oh but look what Ateta’s done for us”,go get fucked

Fucking deluded

No denying that last season we had a great run (until the end of season collapse :roll: :oops: :oops: ), and nobody is saying that the fans shouldnt have enjoyed or celebrated it, but I cannot understand how some fans choose (and it is a choice) to totally ignore how shit the other big clubs were last season - if we had of won the league I would have celebrated it like it was 2002 again, but I would also have been very conscious that winning the league would have given an inflated view of the progress made, but it seems that saying that or taking that position is seen as blasphemy by a lot of Gooners :roll: Like I said a million times before, everyone has a right to their opinion, so if others wanted to interpret last season as a sign that we are back and that el basque is a great manager then that is their right, but the question now is where do you go from here ? History should have shown Gooners that if you stay committed to a myth it can only lead to a lot of heartache - to fix problems you have to first recognise them, and in AFC we have a two fold problem in that area. Firstly we have a manager that cannot see that his methods are failing so he wont change them and we'll get more of the same, but likewise we have a lot of fans who wont see arteta as not good enough and become entrenched in their position even though what is unfolding in front of their eyes should be telling them differently. They might moan a little and say things like "if arteta just changed this", but the reality is that el basque wont change his methods cos he believes in his way (as most managers will), so if the fans want things to change then the manager has to go cos diet pep will NOT CHANGE
There are moments in time where you need to strike when there's an opportunity - life and sport are like that.....there's an opportunity, seize it. Ranieri and Wenger had such an opportunity in 2016 - Man City, Liverpool, Chavski and Man U were all going through managerial change and it was a freak year where suddenly Sperz and us had the chance. We blew it. Rodgers had a similar chance in 2014 - he blew it. Southgate had a chance in 2021 with Ingerlund - he blew it. Its increasingly looking like Arteta blew his big chance last year. City had an amazing run at the end - no denying - but his chance to affect that came in the game up there. We were blown away 4-1 - it could have been 10, and it defined what followed. It was the same when we were chasing Leicester.

After the 2016 collapse Wenger never recovered and the teams who had made bold managerial and personnel changes kicked on, whilst we perservered with the same old, same old. It set us back years and we ended up in the Europa League. I fear the same is happening now

madjens

Post by madjens »

Looking like a top 4 scrap and a last 16 exit in the CL. Oh well, at least it's familiar ground.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

madjens wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:08 pm
Looking like a top 4 scrap and a last 16 exit in the CL. Oh well, at least it's familiar ground.
ONE ARSENE WENGER.......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER *

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

* or maybe there's two now? The original plus his lovechild !

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 9:57 am
augie wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:41 am
robbo10 wrote:

Fucking deluded

There are moments in time where you need to strike when there's an opportunity - life and sport are like that.....there's an opportunity, seize it. Ranieri and Wenger had such an opportunity in 2016 - Man City, Liverpool, Chavski and Man U were all going through managerial change and it was a freak year where suddenly Sperz and us had the chance. We blew it. Rodgers had a similar chance in 2014 - he blew it. Southgate had a chance in 2021 with Ingerlund - he blew it. Its increasingly looking like Arteta blew his big chance last year. City had an amazing run at the end - no denying - but his chance to affect that came in the game up there. We were blown away 4-1 - it could have been 10, and it defined what followed. It was the same when we were chasing Leicester.

After the 2016 collapse Wenger never recovered and the teams who had made bold managerial and personnel changes kicked on, whilst we perservered with the same old, same old. It set us back years and we ended up in the Europa League. I fear the same is happening now
Not sure what to make of it all anymore. Where do we go from here?

I really don't want to go back to the awful days of the split fan base - AKB v MOB (Arteta Knows Best v Mikel Out Brigade). That was enough to drive me away from the Emirates for a loooooong period of time under TOF.

But this shite can't continue. I see Diet Pep is making noises in the press that suggests that he will stick with what he has rather than bring in a striker. The knives will be out if he fucks up. Looking at his January signings in previous years doesn't give much hope as its minimal business.

Look how many left backs, right backs, centre backs, goalkeepers the twat has brought in and let go or put out on loan. As someone else said, he needs to play a structured back 4. None of this made up inverted shit.

We need a partner for Rice, but even yesterday he had Jorginho playing further advanced than Rice, which means we aren't getting the best out of Rice. One of our best players and not being played properly. Idiot.

I don't see a striker coming, or at least not one that a club like the Arsenal should be bringing in. We had the chances yesterday and in other games, but no one to finish them off.

One win since the beginning of December :shock: If this continues until the end of Jan and he hasn't brought anyone in or improved I don't think he has the credit to get away with it. Even Wenger in his worst years won us 3 FA Cups