Palarsepieces H Sat 20th Jan KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Palarsepieces H Sat 20th Jan KO 1230

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thynker wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:56 pm
I'd play Martinelli at 9.
Trossard on the wing and ESR at LCM.
I'd also have Tierney back at 3.
Trouble is the ArrogantCunt managing the team won't :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

All that's needed is to Add "Signing & Playing Shit Chav Rejects" and "Run by a Narcissistic Arrogant Manager" and it could a Banner for us!

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:01 pm
All that's needed is to Add "Signing & Playing Shit Chav Rejects" and "Run by a Narcissistic Arrogant Manager" and it could a Banner for us!

And KAI HAVERTZ IS FUCKING SHIT

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

robbo10 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:11 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:01 pm

And KAI HAVERTZ IS FUCKING SHIT

:lol: :high5:

BBC Post game Arteta interview; spouting the usual Bollocks and Inanities...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67966595

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:22 pm
If Palace fans think things are bad now, wait until they sign Eddie in the summer 8)
:D :D :D laughed out loud at that one!!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:35 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:25 pm
:barscarf: And again. Lovely finish.

Any coincidence that the goals came from quick early passes ? I have said it before and will say it again, yes our wingers are under performing this season, but when you have pacy wingers then it is imperative that you get the ball out to them early
exactly....Martinelli thrives on a pass that he can run onto.....and very quick running with the ball

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Always hated that lot ever since me and a mate were kids visting Crystal Palace from north west London and got a taxi from where the trains finished and ended up at the Crystal palce sports ground....

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

For those who saw the full game, how did ESR play when he came on?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thynker wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:11 pm
For me: A Positive performance, contributed more in his 20 minutes than havertz did for 70 minutes. Came close to having an opportunity to have a strike on goal a couple of times, but for the passes / crossed be intercepted by their defenders.
Also he has both the skill and willingness to run at the opposition and (again) for me one of the few players in our squad who can and will do that.

I'd give him a 7 out of 10. (havertz 5 at most or even a 4)

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:38 pm
Thynker wrote:
For me: A Positive performance, contributed more in his 20 minutes than havertz did for 70 minutes. Came close to having an opportunity to have a strike on goal a couple of times, but for the passes / crossed be intercepted by their defenders.
Also he has both the skill and willingness to run at the opposition and (again) for me one of the few players in our squad who can and will do that.

I think you'll find ESR did more in his 20 minute cameo than Haveashit has done all season.
Really positive and tries to drive forwards

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Thynker wrote:
For a guy that must be severely lacking match fitness and sharpness at this stage he did really well. Given suitable game time I honestly think he could be world class for us. But he has to play!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:40 pm
Always hated that lot ever since me and a mate were kids visting Crystal Palace from north west London and got a taxi from where the trains finished and ended up at the Crystal palace sports ground....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:39 pm
Thynker wrote:
For a guy that must be severely lacking match fitness and sharpness at this stage he did really well. Given suitable game time I honestly think he could be world class for us. But he has to play!
endorse that ...he showed vision and abilty whilst in possession, his quick one touch passing links so well and if accurate its very hard to defend against...criminal hes not been playing all this time....and news of west ham interest would be worst news since Liam Brady left for Juventus

augie

Post by augie »

Nick Nack wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:04 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:38 pm
Thynker wrote:

I think you'll find ESR did more in his 20 minute cameo than Haveashit has done all season.
Really positive and tries to drive forwards

While nobody (except diet pep) can dispute that, to me the more obvious comparison is with odeargod cos most of the time it is odeargod who is playing in his position - I will continually say that imo our pussified captain takes FAR too many tippy tappy touches before he releases the ball, where as smith-rowe most of the time takes a touch and moves it on with his second or third touch. The difference a quick release makes to the speed of our attacks is huge, and especially when all the fans and pundits continually point out how opposition teams double up on our wingers (especially saka) - it is so obvious that a slow methodical build up allows opposition time to get back into position, but yet our genius tactician ( :roll: ) cant seem to see that