Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wilson:

I try not to comment on other posters on here and keep any comments or observations to the content of their posts. But you really do not have a clue. Sad Really because it's obvious you love Arsenal in your own way, but you have an agenda that you keep trying to impose on any thread you post on. What you need to realise and accept is that there are different opinions to your own on here and it will serve no purpose to keep 'banging on' about it in the hope you will change people's minds. It (your standpoint / opinion) would be better served if you provided some Facts in a way that offered the opportunity for polemic AND of course answer Augie's questions, instead of ignoring them. Otherwise the persona you have created on here in a very short space of time that indeed you are not too bright and have very little knowledge of the game or Arsenal is simply re-enforced with each post.
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEVNKJHzByE

Re: The game against the Bin Dippers. :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:14 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:29 pm
get used to it they hate us....it goes back over 50 years

the wanker who rose this criticism was a scouse who SPITS at kids ...are we meant to take notice of that scum?

How many times have they critised us ...under wenger it was southern softies who cant take a tackle....particularly stoke rose to that challenge kicking us all over the pitch

Recent times its arteta over celebrating....

when we win its over celebrating...never heard that about that fucker mourinho when he used to go running down the line

fuck em all....we are the Arsenal and fuck all the rest
I love the fact that we are pissing people off left, right and centre, it means they are worried about us.

The media are 2 faced hypocrites- why film the celebrations from our players ? They could just go straight back to the know fuck all pundits who predicted Liverpools famous win.

I agree we shouldn’t go over the top, nothing won except 3, highly valuable points, but you may as well say to fans not to celebrate the first goal in a match, cos you don’t know if it will be the winner till the end of the game.

They are all probably upset as they pre written / had ready all the sound bites about Klopp top or some such bullshit and we spoiled it
spot on Stuart :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If the victims had won Klopp would have been out on the pitch straight afterwards with his gnashers bursting out of his sideways mouth, fist bumping the victims fans and celebrating like fuck with all his players.

All the talk would have been about his passion, about how we were witnessing something special happening on his farewell wankfest victory quadruple winning tour, the unique bond he has with players and supporters alike and the sky studio would have been covered in semen with admiration for the media darlings. They’re wouldn’t have been a single utterance about over celebrating :roll:

The reason they’re pissed off isn’t because we celebrated, that’s just the excuse, the reason they’re pissed off is because we had the fucking cheek to go out there and play them off the fucking park.

They’re fucking fuming and it’s an absolute joy to behold :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:43 am
If the victims had won Klopp would have been out on the pitch straight afterwards with his gnashers bursting out of his sideways mouth, fist bumping the victims fans and celebrating like fuck with all his players.

All the talk would have been about his passion, about how we were witnessing something special happening on his farewell wankfest victory quadruple winning tour, the unique bond he has with players and supporters alike and the sky studio would have been covered in semen with admiration for the media darlings. They’re wouldn’t have been a single utterance about over celebrating :roll:

The reason they’re pissed off isn’t because we celebrated, that’s just the excuse, the reason they’re pissed off is because we had the fucking cheek to go out there and play them off the fucking park.

Guaranteed 1,000%

Oh! What Joy! Oh! What Fun! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.football365.com/news/opinio ... -carragher

Just to say

FuckEm All What A Load Of C.U.N.T.S.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:43 am

:lol: :lol: Made me laugh.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:38 am
You can win these games when you are class off the ball. Out of possession we are so well drilled. Gone are the days where we used to ship three goals minimum to Liverpool or City home and away.

Im really looking forward to the City away game. We shut them out at home, and were very tight in our games v Liverpool. Can we go to the Etihad and limit City in thier own backyard, and potentially win?

Its for this this reason I am optimistic about our CL hopes. 5 times we have played Liverpool and Man City this season, and the aggregate is 6-5. Albeit 2 home games, one away game and a neutral venue at a community shield (city fielded a very strong team). If you can do this against Liverpool and Man City, why not Real Madrid or Bayern?

ANd still so many of you would be happy to sack Arteta and 'give someone else a go'.

Judge him in May. 8)

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:27 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

the wanker who rose this criticism was a scouse who SPITS at kids ...are we meant to take notice of that scum?

How many times have they critised us ...under wenger it was southern softies who cant take a tackle....particularly stoke rose to that challenge kicking us all over the pitch

when we win its over celebrating...never heard that about that fucker mourinho when he used to go running down the line

I love the fact that we are pissing people off left, right and centre, it means they are worried about us.

The media are 2 faced hypocrites- why film the celebrations from our players ? They could just go straight back to the know fuck all pundits who predicted Liverpools famous win.

I agree we shouldn’t go over the top, nothing won except 3, highly valuable points, but you may as well say to fans not to celebrate the first goal in a match, cos you don’t know if it will be the winner till the end of the game.

They are all probably upset as they pre written / had ready all the sound bites about Klopp top or some such bullshit and we spoiled it
You know what they say about monkeys 🙊 and typewriters….

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:11 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:27 am
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

You know what they say about monkeys 🙊 and typewriters….
Yeah! Shakespeare Poop! :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
You can win these games when you are class off the ball. Out of possession we are so well drilled. Gone are the days where we used to ship three goals minimum to Liverpool or City home and away.

Im really looking forward to the City away game. We shut them out at home, and were very tight in our games v Liverpool. Can we go to the Etihad and limit City in thier own backyard, and potentially win?

Its for this this reason I am optimistic about our CL hopes. 5 times we have played Liverpool and Man City this season, and the aggregate is 6-5. Albeit 2 home games, one away game and a neutral venue at a community shield (city fielded a very strong team). If you can do this against Liverpool and Man City, why not Real Madrid or Bayern?

ANd still so many of you would be happy to sack Arteta and 'give someone else a go'.
The bit I've highlighted in red, as much as anything else you've posted mate, says you do not have a clue about football. You come across as a fan of some other sport like rugby or basketball trying to engage with football without the understanding of the game that a lifetime's involvement can only bring.

Your comments above remind me of an old comedy sketch where they had American sports commentators covering English football and saying things like "yes yes it's a throw on for the London Reds! Oh no there's a goal stoppage now!" :lol:

I've said this before, but I also get the impression you copy and paste a lot of your posts from some wanky millennial "soccer" blogs.

I could be doing you a huge disservice here of course but this is the impression you give.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:23 pm
wilson2.0 wrote:

The bit I've highlighted in red, as much as anything else you've posted mate, says you do not have a clue about football. You come across as a fan of some other sport like rugby or basketball trying to engage with football without the understanding of the game that a lifetime's involvement can only bring.

Your comments above remind me of an old comedy sketch where they had American sports commentators covering English football and saying things like "yes yes it's a throw on for the London Reds! Oh no there's a goal stoppage now!" :lol:

I've said this before, but I also get the impression you copy and paste a lot of your posts from some wanky millennial "soccer" blogs.

I could be doing you a huge disservice here of course but this is the impression you give.
No, you dont see it. You dont see the improvement in quality under Arteta. Why else would you advocate Inzaghi as an Arteta replacement?

You dont rate Tomiyasu and Zinchenko, You limit Jesus contribution to the amount of goals he scored. The significant improvement we have seen under Arteta which is reflective of our position last season and this season - I forsaw it, whenever one else was wanting Arteta out (and some still do), I was sitting with a wry smile on my face rolling my eyes for thier failure to spot the underlying improvements.

If you cant recognize how we shut teams out, how hard our lines are to be broken through then I would look in the mirror. Most of what I said can be backed up by the numbers. Arsenal have conceded the least amount of shots on goal all year. Conceded the equal least amount of goals along with Liverpool. I also believe we are 1st or a close 2nd in terms of opposition touches din our own box. Liverpool had one effort on goal, and aside formt he Saliba Raya howler, didnt really create and high quality chances - was mostly MacAllister having long range efforts. Same happened against City in the 1-0 win. Reduced their chance creation to next to nothing.

I dont know what your seeing. But im seeing one of the best off the ball teams in Europe. Arteta has drilled it into the team, and its why my brain goes numb whenever I hear Arsenal fans wanting to sack Arteta to 'give someone else a turn'.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:21 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
wilson2.0 wrote:

No, you dont see it. You dont see the improvement in quality under Arteta. Why else would you advocate Inzaghi as an Arteta replacement?

You dont rate Tomiyasu and Zinchenko, You limit Jesus contribution to the amount of goals he scored. The significant improvement we have seen under Arteta which is reflective of our position last season and this season - I forsaw it, whenever one else was wanting Arteta out (and some still do), I was sitting with a wry smile on my face rolling my eyes for thier failure to spot the underlying improvements.

If you cant recognize how we shut teams out, how hard our lines are to be broken through then I would look in the mirror. Most of what I said can be backed up by the numbers. Arsenal have conceded the least amount of shots on goal all year. Conceded the equal least amount of goals along with Liverpool. I also believe we are 1st or a close 2nd in terms of opposition touches din our own box. Liverpool had one effort on goal, and aside formt he Saliba Raya howler, didnt really create and high quality chances - was mostly MacAllister having long range efforts. Same happened against City in the 1-0 win. Reduced their chance creation to next to nothing.

I dont know what your seeing. But im seeing one of the best off the ball teams in Europe. Arteta has drilled it into the team, and its why my brain goes numb whenever I hear Arsenal fans wanting to sack Arteta to 'give someone else a turn'.
Gotta be honest, a lot of that sounds delusional. :lol:

But the one key point you are missing is that while you build a team from the back, you win games by scoring goals. The key area your genius manager has completely overlooked for 4 years is centre forward. We desperately need a top striker (or two) and yet he persists with The Feather and Jesus. And yet he buys the confirmed shit that is Havertz and then sticks with him.

Again you don't seem to read or at least comprehend a lot of the posts on here. I've praised Jesus often as a footballer, a creator of chaos in the oppo box, but the one thing he is not is a clinical goal scorer.

You seem incapable of admitting that was also a shit mouser performance as much as us playing well. They were all over the place. That's not to detract from our performance, we were mostly really good and deserved the win. But there is no shame in being honest and admitting that victims side we beat was a shadow of the team they have been and mostly still are.

Your obsession with numbers and stats shows a deep lack of true knowledge about the game. Stats don't win trophies. Being a top "off the ball team" doesn't win you trophies. Stats can tell you whatever you want them to. They are nonsense in relation to football. The entire disastrous latter half of the Wenger era was awash in stats and those stats never won us a league trophy did they.

Finally, trying to discredit multiple posters' comments by facetiously misquoting them as just wanting to "give someone else a turn" only makes you seem less informed and less capable of providing a decent discussion or debate. You know full well that is not the argument. The argument is to replace Arteta with a more experienced pragmatic manager that can put his ego to the side and address the very obvious shortcomings in this team.

Finally finally, answer augie's question there's a good chap. :wink:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:01 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
wilson2.0 wrote:

But the one key point you are missing is that while you build a team from the back, you win games by scoring goals. The key area your genius manager has completely overlooked for 4 years is centre forward. We desperately need a top striker (or two) and yet he persists with The Feather and Jesus. And yet he buys the confirmed shit that is Havertz and then sticks with him.

Again you don't seem to read or at least comprehend a lot of the posts on here. I've praised Jesus often as a footballer, a creator of chaos in the oppo box, but the one thing he is not is a clinical goal scorer.

You seem incapable of admitting that was also a shit mouser performance as much as us playing well. They were all over the place. That's not to detract from our performance, we were mostly really good and deserved the win. But there is no shame in being honest and admitting that victims side we beat was a shadow of the team they have been and mostly still are.

Your obsession with numbers and stats shows a deep lack of true knowledge about the game. Stats don't win trophies. Being a top "off the ball team" doesn't win you trophies. Stats can tell you whatever you want them to. They are nonsense in relation to football. The entire disastrous latter half of the Wenger era was awash in stats and those stats never won us a league trophy did they.

Finally, trying to discredit multiple posters' comments by facetiously misquoting them as just wanting to "give someone else a turn" only makes you seem less informed and less capable of providing a decent discussion or debate. You know full well that is not the argument. The argument is to replace Arteta with a more experienced pragmatic manager that can put his ego to the side and address the very obvious shortcomings in this team.

You dont think Arteta is pragmatic? Based on what?

And some of the managers you mentioned to replace Arteta were dire. Inzaghi? De Zerbi? Conte? Cmon.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:05 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:01 am
wilson2.0 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
wilson2.0 wrote:

You dont think Arteta is pragmatic? Based on what?

And some of the managers you mentioned to replace Arteta were dire. Inzaghi? De Zerbi? Conte? Cmon.
You stopped replying on the Arteta thread because you don't want to face the truth by answering Augie's questions

Please answer Augie's questions