Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:13 pm
scotgooner wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:33 pm
Said it a couple times but regardless of your thoughts on Arteta (I have my doubts) there’s no question he has incredibly improved our result in the big 6 games … it’s pretty impressive actually.
Yep we’ve gone form being the whipping boys to City and Liverpool and meekly rolling over at the Bridge and Shite Hart Lane to being able to stand our ground and get points home and away.

We are by no means the complete article but we are competing in and among the top of the table

A top striker would be a nice addition to our Arsenal.

The game changing goal came from a hopeful ball over the top, which Martinelli didn’t give up on despite being second favourite I- no way would Eddie have chased and made that happen.
Agree 100% Stuart... Imagine if we had a Proper striker (not necessarily Toney :roll: ) But a player whose sole role was to Score fucking Goals AND another decent Midfielder who was either a box to box or the the defensive axis for the back four... We Really Could Be fuckin' Awesome. Also a Goalie we could all trust Just a real pity Timber isn't fit so we could fuck zinchenko off

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

scotgooner wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:25 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
scotgooner wrote:
Said it a couple times but regardless of your thoughts on Arteta (I have my doubts) there’s no question he has incredibly improved our result in the big 6 games … it’s pretty impressive actually.
Yep we’ve gone form being the whipping boys to City and Liverpool and meekly rolling over at the Bridge and Shite Hart Lane to being able to stand our ground and get points home and away.

We are by no means the complete article but we are competing in and among the top of the table

The game changing goal came from a hopeful ball over the top, which Martinelli didn’t give up on despite being second favourite I- no way would Eddie have chased and made that happen.
Yeah for sure mate a striker would make us a different animal
, also I’ve always thought Martinelli could be a proper centre forward but he just will not try it!

Could have Trossard on the left with him through the middle , I think that could possibly work.
Absolutely theCunt has yet to break into a sweat this season. I know Martinelli is a nightmare for opponents on the left wing, but rather than sub him (which Legohead does all the time) move him to the centre (as the striker/forward) hook Havertz and put Trossard on the left wing.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

scotgooner wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:21 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:52 pm
scotgooner wrote:
Yaaaaay! Scotty! We WON and The Tequila is Out! :D :corkbarry:
Enjoy every drop brother! Huge win! :barscarf:
Yaaaay! TEQUILAAAAAA! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

we Beat The Scouse Filth! :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:04 pm
What time is MOTD on tonight does anybody know? I’ve a stiffy that just won’t quit after that result today so I’m going to time my release to the Trossard goal which I missed in real time because I was doing a stress poo.
10:30pm mate. :cheers:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:21 pm
rodders999 wrote:
What time is MOTD on tonight does anybody know? I’ve a stiffy that just won’t quit after that result today so I’m going to time my release to the Trossard goal which I missed in real time because I was doing a stress poo.
Thank you kind sir.

Gonna light a pomegranate scented candle, did the lights and have at it :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
The Goal

https://www.skysports.com/football/vide ... -liverpool

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:24 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Thank you kind sir.

Gonna light a pomegranate scented candle, did the lights and have at it :barscarf:
:lol: :barscarf:

TEQUILAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I don't blame everyone for celebrating big. Before the game, every man and his dog, and most on here, said if we lose, the title is gone this season. Well we won and we're right in it still and that game definitely shows we could be in it until the end. Great reason to celebrate WITH the fans.
The photographer who asked Ode to take his photo is the official team photographer who has been at the club for donkeys years, he clearly asked Ode to take a photo of him in front of the singing north bank and Ode obliged..... Why fucking not!! It's a keepsake for a guy who has worked at Arsenal forever and who is a massive Gooner through and through.
Fuck the celebration police, build morale, build confidence and move on to the next game.
Fucking well done The Arsenal :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Haven't had a chance to read a single post on this thread other rhan pre match, so apologies if I repeat what has already been said by others.

Great to beat the scousers.

Far from a great performance, but plenty of endeavour. Deserved the win.

We still don't test the keeper anywhere near enough, despite plenty of possession in the final third.

How much more evidence does Arteta need to accept that Havertz is a fucking disaster. The bloke is absolutely useless. I knew he wouldn't score from the one on one, but his miss wasn't really remarked upon, because Saka stuck the rebound in. He's 6'4", but never wins a ball in the air when its kicked long. As crap as he is, I'd at least expect him to get his head on something once in a while, but no. El Basque needs to accept he got it wrong, because the whole world knows it.

We'll win fuck all because the whole world also knows that we need a goalscoring striker. Failing to add one last summer or since, is as big an indictment of Arteta as his buying of Havertz.

What the fuck is it with Arteta and substituting Martinelli?! Best performance from him for a while, but gets taken off. Why didn't Legohead take off the hopeless Havertz and replace him with Trossard. Then decide whether Trossard or Martinelli goes up front while the other goes wide.

Apart from a striker, we still need a top centre mid to play alongside Rice. Add those two pieces and this team can achieve things, although still need a new manager imo.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:37 pm
I don't blame everyone for celebrating big. Before the game, every man and his dog, and most on here, said if we lose, the title is gone this season. Well we won and we're right in it still and that game definitely shows we could be in it until the end. Great reason to celebrate WITH the fans.
The photographer who asked Ode to take his photo is the official team photographer who has been at the club for donkeys years, he clearly asked Ode to take a photo of him in front of the singing north bank and Ode obliged..... Why fucking not!! It's a keepsake for a guy who has worked at Arsenal forever and who is a massive Gooner through and through.
Fuck the celebration police, build morale, build confidence and move on to the next game.
Looked to me like the photographer didn't ask. Looked like he was embarrassed when Odegaard took the camera and then the photo.

Either way I find over celebrating a win quite embarrassing. That's just me. But what infuriates me is when our players and staff do over celebrate the media calls us tossers, but when Stupid Teeth or the Bald Citeh Gimp and their players do it then it's "part of the magic of the Premier league" and they are "wonderful characters". :roll:

Can't have it both ways you cùnts. :censored:

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:34 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:37 pm
Looked to me like the photographer didn't ask. Looked like he was embarrassed when Odegaard took the camera and then the photo.

Either way I find over celebrating a win quite embarrassing. That's just me. But what infuriates me is when our players and staff do over celebrate the media calls us tossers, but when Stupid Teeth or the Bald Citeh Gimp and their players do it then it's "part of the magic of the Premier league" and they are "wonderful characters". :roll:

Can't have it both ways you cùnts. :censored:
It starts with Arteta, running up and down the touchline in those skin tight trousers whenever we score. :shock: :shock:

Oddly enough both Le Saux and Dixon were saying during the game that Arteta needed to show a bit more calmness. I don't expect indifferent complacency but neither do you want manic hysteria that bleeds into the squad. He needs to find the middle ground.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

scotgooner wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:25 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
scotgooner wrote:

Yeah for sure mate a striker would make us a different animal
, also I’ve always thought Martinelli could be a proper centre forward but he just will not try it!

Could have Trossard on the left with him through the middle , I think that could possibly work.
yes theres a few on here that would like to see it

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:14 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
scotgooner wrote:

Agree 100% Stuart... Imagine if we had a Proper striker (not necessarily Toney :roll: ) But a player whose sole role was to Score fucking Goals AND another decent Midfielder who was either a box to box or the the defensive axis for the back four... We Really Could Be fuckin' Awesome. Also a Goalie we could all trust Just a real pity Timber isn't fit so we could fuck zinchenko off
summed it up there OBG...its the frustration of being so near to a great team ....we live in hope :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Can I still celebrate today? :lol: