Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Red dippers H Sun 4th Feb KO 430pm

Post by rodders999 »

Midz wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:45 am
Can I still celebrate today? :lol:
You fucking better believe we can. They fucking hate it when we win, even more so when we take a big scalp and the cherry on top is when
we beat the media darlings and spoiling the farewell procession victory tour.

So instead of giving us any kind of praise they turn it into a negative and say we celebrated too much. Celebrating winning a must win game against the team top of the league, fucking hell we can’t be having that.

Within 60 seconds of the final whistle they were getting stuck into the team that won the game. Fucking weird behaviour.

A player takes a picture of the club photographer. Who do they think they are acting like they’ve just won the World Cup.

Eh ok mate whatever. Let’s just slink off down the tunnel next time with our heads bowed just because you want to suck the joy out of everything.

I fucking love it when they’re fuming because it means we’re winning.

FUCK EM :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Midz wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:45 am
Can I still celebrate today? :lol:
No mate we’re waiting on a few VAR decisions still :oops: :lol: :barscarf:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

If I was a neutral giving an honest assessment, I would say we do tend to overcelebrate at times - particularly cringey with Odegaard when he has done more disappearing acts than a magician but that had zero to do with why Sky were pissed off yesterday. Sky are obsessed with L'Pool and that attention seeking cuuuunt Klopp. Their piss was boiled at the idea that Klopps send off could be spoiled. Interesting to see how many times Sky have referenced over celebrating by us in the last year and how many times they have referenced the 115 charges against the 'glorious champions' City.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Each time I see the way Martinelli just stroked the ball into the goal after their blunder cracks me up. Very amusing.

Go watch the highlights and try not to laugh when you see that goal. :lol: :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:55 pm
Haven't had a chance to read a single post on this thread other rhan pre match, so apologies if I repeat what has already been said by others.

Great to beat the scousers.

Far from a great performance, but plenty of endeavour. Deserved the win.

We still don't test the keeper anywhere near enough, despite plenty of possession in the final third.

How much more evidence does Arteta need to accept that Havertz is a fucking disaster. The bloke is absolutely useless. I knew he wouldn't score from the one on one, but his miss wasn't really remarked upon, because Saka stuck the rebound in. He's 6'4", but never wins a ball in the air when its kicked long. As crap as he is, I'd at least expect him to get his head on something once in a while, but no. El Basque needs to accept he got it wrong, because the whole world knows it.

We'll win fuck all because the whole world also knows that we need a goalscoring striker. Failing to add one last summer or since, is as big an indictment of Arteta as his buying of Havertz.

What the fuck is it with Arteta and substituting Martinelli?! Best performance from him for a while, but gets taken off. Why didn't Legohead take off the hopeless Havertz and replace him with Trossard. Then decide whether Trossard or Martinelli goes up front while the other goes wide.

Apart from a striker, we still need a top centre mid to play alongside Rice. Add those two pieces and this team can achieve things, although still need a new manager imo.

Just read through the thread and It seems that the post I made last night had well and truly been covered during the game. :lol:

Couple of other things I'd been thinking during the game that the thread reminded me about....what the fuck is it with this taking an age to take a throw in? White deserved to be booked and although it was when delaying taking a free kick, you could see the ref mentioning the throw ins. It's completely stupid and we had Tomi sent off at Palace after a needless first yellow. We also had that period of doing it with corners. It gives everyone another reason to dislike us and that includes the refs, so it's counter productive.

Secondly, while I realise there's mixed feeling about it, I can't stand the over celebrating. The way Arteta behaves is a fucking embarrassment and apart from doubting his abilities as a manager, I can't warm to the bloke as a person. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I much prefer the old style honourable and respectful conduct. Quite a few on here defending the behaviour, but I've no doubt that most of those were cunting off Conte when he used to go over the top when at the chavs.

We put in a pretty good performance and deserved the win, but for me, any positives are tempered by knowing we'll always come up short without the striker we so desperately need, by having a manager that isn't at the required level imo and by having to watch Havertz stink the place out...which of course is also the manager's fault.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:51 am
If I was a neutral giving an honest assessment, I would say we do tend to overcelebrate at times - particularly cringey with Odegaard when he has done more disappearing acts than a magician but that had zero to do with why Sky were pissed off yesterday. Sky are obsessed with L'Pool and that attention seeking cuuuunt Klopp. Their piss was boiled at the idea that Klopps send off could be spoiled. Interesting to see how many times Sky have referenced over celebrating by us in the last year and how many times they have referenced the 115 charges against the 'glorious champions' City.
Great point that, imagine being more concerned by a team celebrating winning a game than you are by another team with 115 charges of cheating hanging over them that has helped them to completely dominate the sport for the last decade. To be honest I find the way Dubai Inc. has raped the premier league to be far more offensive than a few lads getting over excited after winning a huge game but hey I’m an outlier in these kind of things seemingly.

Indeed shortly after full time yesterday the narrative turned to proclaiming city as being the real winners of the day :roll:

Fucking hell that’s like proclaiming Lance Armstrong as the real winner after a competitor had a bad day in the Tour de France at the height of his time injecting EPO up his cock to obliterate the rest of the field :roll:

The city “fairytale” must not be questioned, I t’s fucking mind boggling not to mention nauseating that nobody is prepared to call it out, but instead are happy to be “offended” by players and fans enjoying a moment after a win :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:21 am
BFG4 wrote:
Great point that, imagine being more concerned by a team celebrating winning a game than you are by another team with 115 charges of cheating hanging over them that has helped them to completely dominate the sport for the last decade. To be honest I find the way Dubai Inc. has raped the premier league to be far more offensive than a few lads getting over excited after winning a huge game but hey I’m an outlier in these kind of things seemingly.

Indeed shortly after full time yesterday the narrative turned to proclaiming city as being the real winners of the day :roll:

Fucking hell that’s like proclaiming Lance Armstrong as the real winner after a competitor had a bad day in the Tour de France at the height of his time injecting EPO up his cock to obliterate the rest of the field :roll:

The city “fairytale” must not be questioned, I t’s fucking mind boggling not to mention nauseating that nobody is prepared to call it out, but instead are happy to be “offended” by players and fans enjoying a moment after a win :roll:

All fair points Rodders, but I'd just prefer to see our manager behave with a bit more class and quality. I'm less critical of the players, because their lead is taken from their boss, but again, I'd prefer a more measured celebration. I'll admit to being old school, but shake hands with your opponents, congratulate your team mates warmly, acknowledge your supporters and get off the pitch.

When you win a trophy, that's the time for a bigger celebration, by which I mean a little hand clapping as well as a wide smile. :lol: :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:41 am
rodders999 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:

All fair points Rodders, but I'd just prefer to see our manager behave with a bit more class and quality. I'm less critical of the players, because their lead is taken from their boss, but again, I'd prefer a more measured celebration. I'll admit to being old school, but shake hands with your opponents, congratulate your team mates warmly, acknowledge your supporters and get off the pitch.

When you win a trophy, that's the time for a bigger celebration, by which I mean a little hand clapping as well as a wide smile. :lol: :barscarf:
1000% this mate,go mental in the dressing room but have class until then for me,but I am old

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

robbo10 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:08 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:41 am
rodders999 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:

1000% this mate,go mental in the dressing room but have class until then for me,but I am old

Not old Rob, just wise. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For those who haven't seen MOTD (BBC) or perhaps didn't notice. As expected the Arsenal v ScouseFilth game was first on the viewing list, BUT many on here have been saying about how the media/Broadcasting company's/Pundits etc etc will now make this season All About Stupid Teeth.... and so the BBC in their introduction to the game's highlights did a special on Stupid Teeth... not one mention or reference to Arteta ... it was fucking cringeworthy how the BBC literally knelt down in front of theCunt and sucked him off. I mean... Sooooo Bad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... 4-04022024

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:22 pm
For those who haven't seen MOTD (BBC) or perhaps didn't notice. As expected the Arsenal v ScouseFilth game was first on the viewing list, BUT many on here have been saying about how the media/Broadcasting company's/Pundits etc etc will now make this season All About Stupid Teeth.... and so the BBC in their introduction to the game's highlights did a special on Stupid Teeth... not one mention or reference to Arteta ... it was fucking cringeworthy how the BBC literally knelt down in front of theCunt and sucked him off. I mean... Sooooo Bad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... 4-04022024
Didn't see it because I refuse to watch MOTD while that failed ex scum player presents it. :box: :censored:

But get used to this toe curling cringe inducing horseshit for the rest of the season mate. Every media outlet will be inhaling Trampy Shipman's cock at every opportunity. :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Next time Liverpool win a game and Klopp is out on the pitch as usual afterwards fist pumping with their fans, keep and ear out for all the “why are they acting like they’ve just won the World Cup” and “It’s just one game man, get down the tunnel” comments coming from the media.

**Spoiler alert**

You won’t fucking hear any :roll:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:36 pm
Next time Liverpool win a game and Klopp is out on the pitch as usual afterwards fist pumping with their fans, keep and ear out for all the “why are they acting like they’ve just won the World Cup” and “It’s just one game man, get down the tunnel” comments coming from the media.

**Spoiler alert**

You won’t fucking hear any :roll:

I agree with that and that there's an anti Arteta/Arsenal agenda and a definite pro Klopp/Liverpool one. I'd venture that a lot of that anti Arsenal agenda is a result of Arteta.

As for Klopp, his customary fist pumping to the Kop is irritatingly performative, but not on a par with Arteta's manic tearing around the touchline as he did yesterday. Regardless of the media reaction, I personally don't like that behaviour. It's manufactured and if it's not, then it's the mark of a nut case. I find it embarrassing that an Arsenal manager behaves in that manner and think it's unbecoming and disrespectful and antagonistic to opponents.

I genuinely think it's anti productive, because it generates an easily peddled dislike from other fans, other managers and clubs and importantly referees, who are only human. I always remember how Wenger had a character that it was easy to dislike and I've no doubt that it had an influence on others managers such as Fat Sam, Moyes and plenty of others, who clearly instructed their players to kick us all over the park. Utd never got that treatment (although they were happy to give it out) because Fergie was a master at keeping every manager, other than Wenger, onside. They'd sit in the dug out looking relaxed about getting stuffed by Utd and be all smiles, hugs and handshakes with Ferguson at the end. With Wenger it looked like they wanted to stab him. Psychology is important in sport and it's sensible not to make fierce enemies.

Anyway, all this is only my opinion. I'll admit to being old school and I miss the Arsenal Way.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:

Tbf to Sky, I caught a few mins of the Football Show this morning and the old guy with glasses presenting it referenced the contrast in how everyone was praising wolves and lauding gary o;neill (rightly) celebrating with the wolves fans afterwards when just two hours later Arsenal were getting slated for same thing - he pointed out that while wolves should be lauded for beating the chavs, they still only beat a mid table team whilst we had beaten the league leaders so why were we being bashed ?

Overall though I too am old school and would rather tone down the celebrations until we backed it up - this team and this manager are liable to get turned over by the shammers next week (we have previous in that) which is why I am hesitant about going OTT in the celebrations

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The thing is there is a Difference in the Mind Set of the Players and the Mind Set of Arteta. In that the players have punched their cun.ts out for 96 minutes going through all kinds of physical. psychological and emotional experiences; whilst knowing the Importance of the outcome can (for me) be excused to a certain degree. I'm sure most of us in our younger days have played in games against either the local rivals or the school that usually wins everything and having won or lost have gone through all kinds of emotions and at the end of the game/s: depending on the outcome have acted in ways we might not usually do, but I recall one game ( a semi-final of a Schools Cup - Under 15yrs when we won and all of of literally went "Apeshit" crazy because we were expected to get beaten easily. It ends dup with fights all over the pitch due primarily to the Opponents being Bad Losers.
So, I can forgive our players being 'Over-joyed' with relief, happiness etc Having no doubt worked hard all week to achieve the Win. (*) But the manager should be a tad more 'Professional' (A La George Graham when we beat the Scousers in 89 to win the title) BUT having said all that. A) It was Soooo Enjoyable to beat The Victims (especially with their Whinging, Gobshyte fans) and whose manager is the Prime Example of cuntyWinner / Sore-Loser. B) Fuck-em and the CuntyMedia Whores who have their tongues so far up Klopps sphincter they all need Tetanus Jabs.

Sing THE Arsenal 3 - 1

Sing THE Arsenal 3 - 1

Sing THE Arsenal 3 - 1

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

(*) Edit: Also let's not forget how Stupid Teeth used his Fist Pumping and all his histrionics to get every advantage he could over Arteta, The Team and Us to get a result in both of last seasons games with us. Put it this way Klopp is a C.U.N.T Arteta is just not a good manager.