West Ham murdering filth A Sun 11 Feb KO 2pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: West Ham murdering filth A Sun 11 Feb KO 2pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

One thing's for sure about Deeney is that he's the Only Pundit to appear on the BBC's MOTD who looks like he bought his clothes from Oxfam.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:42 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:30 am
Not much praise for the performance on MOTD....had that well known critic troy deeney on who seemed to sum up not so much Arsenal were good but west ham poor and encouraging teams to be physical against them
some horrible crawling scouse fucker who tried to anlyse how to deal with The Arsenal from dead ball goals, going through how they should defend against us, nothing from our goals ....did not really hear too much positive for a fantastic Arsenal performance

could you imagine what they would have been like if it was Liverpool, City or Utd with such a win?....fucking biased *word censored*

our first 11 is as good as anyone on its day.....hoping we can build on this and go on a long unbeaten run....
Agreed, they literally didn't want to praise us at all, the idiot main host said "we'll get to praising Arsenal later" (did they fuck), deeney and that other idiot Scouse were trying to coach other teams in how to defend against Arsenal.

Funnily enough deeney did this earlier in the season after we scored a set piece or two, shows his coaching skills though doesn't it as we're way ahead in set piece goals.

Troy Deeney we want you to stay :barscarf: :barscarf:

Yep, couldn't fail to notice how they didn't get into praising the performance and only analysed the set piece goals from West Ham's point of view. Didn't bother analysing the 3 very well taken open play goals and they literally ALWAYS show all the goals again in the analysis, but not this time. They'd normally be all over the returning player scoring against his old club with a cracking strike, but nope, no mention of Rice's goal.

Absolute joke, especially considering there were only two matches yesterday, so no time pressure. Deeney hates us and I always think what an absolute tosser Chapman is.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

All Hail The Retro ! :bowing21:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

What exactly does Trossard have to do to earn a regular starting place in the side? A very good finisher who is always likely to score a goal and he needs a proper run in the team to see the best of him. No way on earth should Havertz ever be picked in front of him. Mind you, no way should Havertz ever be picked full stop.
Agree about Trossard deserving more opportunities. However, I have to play devils advocate....just a little. Trossard does very little tracking back, he doesn't really tackle and because he's slight of build, he can't knock people off the ball or be a pest in the air. Havertz has been shite, but the last couple of games he has contributed a little more and he is ok at putting himself about sometimes....not enough, but he does do it.
If we play Trossard instead of him against a top team, we may suffer a bit, I'd rather see Jorginho in those sorts of games but certainly against 'lesser' teams, Trossard should start more, even if it means resting Saka or Martinelli for a bit, in fact, I think Trossards best position is the false 9 and not on the wing. He's possibly the best finisher at the club and is superb with the ball at his feet. :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:33 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:42 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:30 am
Not much praise for the performance on MOTD....had that well known critic troy deeney on who seemed to sum up not so much Arsenal were good but west ham poor and encouraging teams to be physical against them
some horrible crawling scouse fucker who tried to anlyse how to deal with The Arsenal from dead ball goals, going through how they should defend against us, nothing from our goals ....did not really hear too much positive for a fantastic Arsenal performance

could you imagine what they would have been like if it was Liverpool, City or Utd with such a win?....fucking biased *word censored*

our first 11 is as good as anyone on its day.....hoping we can build on this and go on a long unbeaten run....
Agreed, they literally didn't want to praise us at all, the idiot main host said "we'll get to praising Arsenal later" (did they fuck), deeney and that other idiot Scouse were trying to coach other teams in how to defend against Arsenal.

Funnily enough deeney did this earlier in the season after we scored a set piece or two, shows his coaching skills though doesn't it as we're way ahead in set piece goals.

Troy Deeney we want you to stay :barscarf: :barscarf:

Yep, couldn't fail to notice how they didn't get into praising the performance and only analysed the set piece goals from West Ham's point of view. Didn't bother analysing the 3 very well taken open play goals and they literally ALWAYS show all the goals again in the analysis, but not this time. They'd normally be all over the returning player scoring against his old club with a cracking strike, but nope, no mention of Rice's goal.

Absolute joke, especially considering there were only two matches yesterday, so no time pressure. Deeney hates us and I always think what an absolute tosser Chapman is.
Agreed that chapman is a total wanker...fuckin idiot who somehow blagged a comentators job on BBC...fuckin full of himself

was looking forward to enjoying seeing the game again....but came away strangely annoyed by the BBC absolute *word censored*

As for the game fantastic performance,,, great goals ..... great support....one to remember

EssexGooner1981

Post by EssexGooner1981 »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:43 pm
What exactly does Trossard have to do to earn a regular starting place in the side? A very good finisher who is always likely to score a goal and he needs a proper run in the team to see the best of him. No way on earth should Havertz ever be picked in front of him. Mind you, no way should Havertz ever be picked full stop.
Agree about Trossard deserving more opportunities. However, I have to play devils advocate....just a little. Trossard does very little tracking back, he doesn't really tackle and because he's slight of build, he can't knock people off the ball or be a pest in the air. Havertz has been shite, but the last couple of games he has contributed a little more and he is ok at putting himself about sometimes....not enough, but he does do it.
If we play Trossard instead of him against a top team, we may suffer a bit, I'd rather see Jorginho in those sorts of games but certainly against 'lesser' teams, Trossard should start more, even if it means resting Saka or Martinelli for a bit, in fact, I think Trossards best position is the false 9 and not on the wing. He's possibly the best finisher at the club and is superb with the ball at his feet. :barscarf:
Yeah I've seen him start a couple of games as a central striker..... Didn't look great. He couldn't hold up the ball; much better as an inside forward or super sub. Then again, he might suit stood next to Havertz in a 4-4-2 if Havertz can hold the ball up for him and then feed him through a channel.

Is Havertz the German Emile Heskey?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

TeeCee wrote:

Well, I’ve got to admit that I find it very difficult to see anything positive at all in Havertz. I think he’s beyond crap and for a bloke of 6’4”, I don’t see him using his size to bully people and he hardly ever wins a ball in the air. His second half performance yesterday was fucking dreadful.

I don’t worry too much about players like Trossard not getting stuck into tackles, although I’ve definitely seen him chase back. This won’t happen of course, but I’d give him a run up front ahead of Jesus, because he’s a more natural finisher. If Jesus plays, then I’d drop Havertz (please) and play Trossard in the advanced midfield role where Xhaka was playing last season. I liked the guy when he was at Brighton and was chuffed that we got him for a good price. Sadly, he’s been underused.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:42 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Yeah I've seen him start a couple of games as a central striker..... Didn't look great. He couldn't hold up the ball; much better as an inside forward or super sub. Then again, he might suit stood next to Havertz in a 4-4-2 if Havertz can hold the ball up for him and then feed him through a channel.

I think Heskey might have something to say about that. :lol:

Heskey was a bit of a donkey, but threw his weight about and also won the ball in the air. Owen scored no end of goals by racing onto flick ons that Heskey won from long balls.

There’s zero evidence that I’ve seen so far that Havertz can win those balls in the air, nor hold the ball up if played into feet. As for feeding the ball into the channel or anywhere else, his distribution is abysmal. He under hits every pass and/or plays it behind the bloke.

I could forgive Arteta wasting £65 million if he just accepted it and got shot of the dud.

EssexGooner1981

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:07 pm
EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:42 pm
TeeCee wrote:

I think Heskey might have something to say about that. :lol:

Heskey was a bit of a donkey, but threw his weight about and also won the ball in the air. Owen scored no end of goals by racing onto flick ons that Heskey won from long balls.

There’s zero evidence that I’ve seen so far that Havertz can win those balls in the air, nor hold the ball up if played into feet. As for feeding the ball into the channel or anywhere else, his distribution is abysmal. He under hits every pass and/or plays it behind the bloke.

I could forgive Arteta wasting £65 million if he just accepted it and got shot of the dud.
Yeah. I really hope he improves and does well because he's wearing our shirt but....meh.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:01 pm
One thing's for sure about Deeney is that he's the Only Pundit to appear on the BBC's MOTD who looks like he bought his clothes from Oxfam.
Yeah wtf was that horrible criminal thug wearing!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:33 am
Hello, just saying Hi. I used to post here about 10 years ago as psychoangus but then left the job to which the email address was associated with and then forgot all about it :lol:

Glad to see the place is still the hive of positivity it always was :lol:
Angus! :shock:

Welcome back man. Great to see you back on here again. Don't be a stranger mate. 8)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Hello, just saying Hi. I used to post here about 10 years ago as psychoangus but then left the job to which the email address was associated with and then forgot all about it :lol:

It's ok to admit you've been doing bang-up for a decade. :) Welcome back and yeah, nothings changed. We're all still as level-headed and reasonable about everything as we've always been...

EssexGooner1981

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:09 pm
EssexGooner1981 wrote:

Angus! :shock:

Welcome back man. Great to see you back on here again. Don't be a stranger mate. 8)
8) :barscarf:

EssexGooner1981

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:25 pm
EssexGooner1981 wrote:

It's ok to admit you've been doing bang-up for a decade. :) Welcome back and yeah, nothings changed. We're all still as level-headed and reasonable about everything as we've always been...
Well I've had two kids in the meantime - Don't know which is the worse punishment, kids or porridge!

Speaking of which, my lad is 10 now and has been banging on about me taking him to his first game. So I got my membership back, thought 'what's coming up? Oh Liverpool at home, fuck's chance of getting tickets for that, but I'll give it a go...." Bingo two tickets row 12 upper tier clock end :lol:

After the game I basically told him to quit while he was ahead and never watch another game because it wouldn't get better than that :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:48 am
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:25 pm
EssexGooner1981 wrote:

Well I've had two kids in the meantime - Don't know which is the worse punishment, kids or porridge!

Speaking of which, my lad is 10 now and has been banging on about me taking him to his first game. So I got my membership back, thought 'what's coming up? Oh Liverpool at home, fuck's chance of getting tickets for that, but I'll give it a go...." Bingo two tickets row 12 upper tier clock end :lol:

After the game I basically told him to quit while he was ahead and never watch another game because it wouldn't get better than that :lol:

Very good advice Angus, Welcome Back to the Dark Side! :D