Porto pump holes A Champs last 16 Weds 21st Feb KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Porto pump holes A Champs last 16 Weds 21st Feb KO 8pm

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:22 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:19 pm
I have a memory of us losing there in the second round in about 2010 and then thrashing them at home in the second leg. Also have a memory of Fabianski managing to push one into his own net in that game there.
Lord Bendtner with the hat-trick in that game.

I'd play him now ahead of that shit german dud :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I think we’re out. We need a proper goal threat as they won’t let us play through them like West Ham and Burnley have done. Bizarrely I hope Jesus and Zinchenko are back fit in 3 weeks time.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
I have a memory of us losing there in the second round in about 2010 and then thrashing them at home in the second leg. Also have a memory of Fabianski managing to push one into his own net in that game there.
The legend.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The only consolation is that it's a full 3 weeks before we have to endure this miserable competition again and then no more until the borefest begins again in September

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:25 pm
I think we’re out. We need a proper goal threat as they won’t let us play through them like West Ham and Burnley have done. Bizarrely I hope Jesus and Zinchenko are back fit in 3 weeks time.
Jesus might make the difference against a team like that who will sit deep and hope for a set piece which we'll keep giving them. Who fucking knows how we'll get on. Years of absolutely shit performances away from home and then home legs where we waste chance after chance. Completely needless pressure on the home game now.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:02 pm
Just shows thr tactical ineptness of the manager and wenger.

We are a better team than Porto. There 3rd in a farmers league. Yes we are jo where near as good as 2 or 3 posters on here, 1 who should know better, think, but we should still be beating these mugs.

All due to a complete and utter inability to adjust tactics in game and react to what's going on. Wenger couldn't do it, this lightweight can't.

Why we will always fall short jo matter how much he spends.

I'm honestly not having a pop at you here per se cos I have seen a few comments on here in recent weeks suggesting various european leagues are "farmers leagues", but my response to that would be to take a step back and look at exactly how piss poor the premier league is these days. I honestly cant remember a time when so many teams were getting hammerings and this notion that english football is so competitive with no easy games is fast becoming a total myth. The gap between the haves and have nots has never been wider imo - at one stage of this season (about a month ago) manure had lost one third of all competitive games they had played this season, and yet they now sit just 5pts off top 4, and that is absolutely shocking :oops: :oops: This AFC team wouldnt keep the ball kicked out to the wenger team of the early 2000s, and GG's team would also turn them over, yet we have morons quoting stats and talking bollox about a combined front 3 negates the need for a quality number 9 :roll: :oops: :oops:
Now come on augster. It's about the "collective". And stats. Stats will win us the league. 88 goals last year. More than when Henry played with us. Arteta is a genius. Strikers? Pah! Who needs them! Stats are where it's at. You little cock pussy.

:fryingpan:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:32 pm
augie wrote:

We are a better team than Porto. There 3rd in a farmers league. Yes we are jo where near as good as 2 or 3 posters on here, 1 who should know better, think, but we should still be beating these mugs.

All due to a complete and utter inability to adjust tactics in game and react to what's going on. Wenger couldn't do it, this lightweight can't.

I'm honestly not having a pop at you here per se cos I have seen a few comments on here in recent weeks suggesting various european leagues are "farmers leagues", but my response to that would be to take a step back and look at exactly how piss poor the premier league is these days. I honestly cant remember a time when so many teams were getting hammerings and this notion that english football is so competitive with no easy games is fast becoming a total myth. The gap between the haves and have nots has never been wider imo - at one stage of this season (about a month ago) manure had lost one third of all competitive games they had played this season, and yet they now sit just 5pts off top 4, and that is absolutely shocking :oops: :oops: This AFC team wouldnt keep the ball kicked out to the wenger team of the early 2000s, and GG's team would also turn them over, yet we have morons quoting stats and talking bollox about a combined front 3 negates the need for a quality number 9 :roll: :oops: :oops:
Now come on augster. It's about the "collective". And stats. Stats will win us the league. 88 goals last year. More than when Henry played with us. Arteta is a genius. Strikers? Pah! Who needs them! Stats are where it's at. You little cock pussy.

I think we're on for the Calendar Year Trophy 11 years on from our last success. In all the months barring April and May, we'll be world beaters with stats to prove it

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

I think we're on for the Calendar Year Trophy 11 years on from our last success. In all the months barring April and May, we'll be world beaters with stats to prove it

Might be time to roll out the old chant SteveO. For old times sake! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:24 pm
rodders999 wrote:

I'd play him now ahead of that shit german dud :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
My only positive memory of the Bendtner arsehole was the hilarious sight of him and Barndoor arguing on the pitch about which of them was the most shit. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:39 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:34 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:

Might be time to roll out the old chant SteveO. For old times sake! :lol:
I'll save it for the BBQ in 2034 when we hear that the project is over and time to hand on to the next man!

Still think the club missed the chance to have the Calendar Year Trophy and Groundsman of the Year inscribed on Club Level....not to mention those glorious 4th placed trophies won at West Brom and Newcastle. The halcyon days could be round the corner once more

John F

Post by John F »

I am not confident at all about the 2nd leg or Saturday against the Bar codes. Both managers know exactly how to play us.
The question I would ask Arteta is why only one sub when several players up front were stinking the place out. I am sure in tight games he gets so involved in ball-watching and trying to play every ball himself that he forgets he is the manager and still thinks he is a player.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Arteta got out thought tonight. Didn’t have a scooby by the end. In saying that we were seconds away from a brilliant result before soppy bollocks x 2 fucked it for us (Martinelli and Raya).

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Liverpool's last 3 visits to the Dragao against "well organised, cynical, cheating, conning, diving, tough to beat" Porto

0-5, 1-4, 1-5

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:17 pm
The sooner we’re out of this the sooner we can concentrate on finishing 3rd in the league 8)

:lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:12 pm
Liverpool's last 3 visits to the Dragao against "well organised, cynical, cheating, conning, diving, tough to beat" Porto

0-5, 1-4, 1-5
Says it all really :cry: