Porto dirty cheating putas Ch lge last 16 2nd leg Tues 12th Mar KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Porto dirty cheating putas Ch lge last 16 2nd leg Tues 12th Mar KO 8pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up after tonight's nail biter it's back to European action against this shower of cheating diving arsepieces.Weve got it all to do after losing over there but with no game domestically until the end of the month we need to go at this full pelt from the off.
Last edited by falkirk goon on Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BobbyPires7

Re: Porto H Ch lge last 16 2nd leg Tues 12th Mar KO 8pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:15 pm
Next up after tonight's nail biter it's back to European action against this shower of cheating diving arsepieces.Weve got it all to do after losing over there but with no game domestically until the end of the month we need to go at this full pelt from the off.
I predict either a canter from early on or a 90 minute tormenting of proper Gooner support.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We need a strong referee for this because those c.unts are going to collapse all over the place from minute one. If he’s as bad as the guy out in Porto was then it’s going to be constantly stop start and hard to get a rhythm going.

If the game is allowed to flow we’ll swat them aside, if not it could be a difficult evening.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:53 am
We need a strong referee for this because those c.unts are going to collapse all over the place from minute one. If he’s as bad as the guy out in Porto was then it’s going to be constantly stop start and hard to get a rhythm going.

If the game is allowed to flow we’ll swat them aside, if not it could be a difficult evening.
Think it was 36 free kicks in first leg with corners looking like a wrestling match....so yes we know how these lot will play..have to believe we can beat these wankers....and im sure we will

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gabriel Martinelli just walked through the mixed zone on crutches yesterday

Looks like we could be without Martinelli for a while if the above is true

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

I'm a glass half empty supporter anyway, but definitely not feeling 100% about this one.

Pepe will no doubt have ones of those games where he rolls back the years plays like he's about 10 years younger, and of course they'll be flinging themselves over at any given moment

If Martinelli is out injured that's a massive blow for us. He pushes defences onto the back foot and is great as an outlet for quick attacks.

Jesus needs to especially step up if called upon for this game, he's starting to look a major bit part player for us now

Hope I'm wrong!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Feel this game will end in a draw

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

If ever there was a game where we need an Early Goal this is one of them, and if we can get passed their Low Block / Parked Double Decker Bus with two goals they will have to come out at us, which they can do, and would also help stretch the field and game and that should (I hope) go in our favour.

As other's have rightly said we Need a Strong Ref who won't allow all their diving, cheating and other injury feigning antics. This is the kind of game when Martinelli's pace and trickery for putting in crosses would really help, but he as McD said is still on crutches... and if he can't play against this lot of divingCunts I Just hope to fuck he is available for the Cheaty game.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:55 am
Feel this game will end in a draw
I've got this feeling aswell McD :cry: It's got shades of when PSV fucked us out after a 1-1 draw at ours all those years ago.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

In saying that Falkirk, if we could get a goal in the 1st 20/25mins then I'd be more optimistic, but still reckon it will end in a draw if we don't

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Awwwww! C'Mon Guys! Be "Positive" !!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Want us to play quick, quick throws, quick free kicks not giving them to get back into shape and defend as well as they did in the first game

If the ref is giving soft free kicks then no need for us to be too physical just keep the game flowing and give us enough time with the ball to work a bit of magic

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: For three goals
Last edited by Stuart L (2) on Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midz

Post by Midz »

We take far too long on throw ins. I watch them thinking that he'll get booked any second now for time wasting. We need more urgency.

Fuck Porto-Putas, we'll beat them easy.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I just hope it doesn't get desperate and we end up with a few injuries

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That's the worse case scenario.... They will try and kick us and then roll around & moan at every single opportunity whenever we put a challenge in... It is of HUGE importance that FIFA appoint a Decent ref...not some noncey snowflake.

Edit:

Just checked online :

Referee Clément Turpin FRA

If memory serves me right, he is quite good and takes no shyte from players faking injury/ Diving and really dislikes it when players wave imaginary cards at him, which is what Porto were doing in the First leg..etc...

Assistant referees Nicolas Danos FRA and Erwan Finjean FRA

Fourth official Ruddy Buquet FRA
Video Assistant Referee Jérôme Brisard FRA
Assistant Video Assistant Referee Willy Delajod FRA