Bayern bumholes A Ch lge QF 2nd leg Weds 17th April KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Bayern bumholes A Ch lge QF 2nd leg Weds 17th April KO 8pm

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:42 am
Please name the player you would play regularly in Sakas position to rest him without a drop off in output of the side.
It would be nice to read your answer to Retro's question.

It was a good honest question that deserves to be answered.

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:12 am
Please name the player you would play regularly in Sakas position to rest him without a drop off in output of the side.

If you answer my question I might answer his.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:21 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:18 pm
Missed it tonight as I had to pick my daughter up at the airport and her flight was delayed. I recorded it. Should I put myself through watching it tomorrow night or just skip it?
Fair play to her for shelling out the 50 quid to get there! I think that's what puts me off :D
:lol: :lol:

Well she could afford to emigrate so she could afford to eat in a modest restaurant. :lol: :wink:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:36 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Did you direct that question at me?

If yes then that's a bit odd since I never mentioned anything about saka

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Not winning the league or CL is not the standard that I hold Arteta to but when he makes mistakes that are obvious to everyone(but him) then it's beyond infuriating. The centre forward area has been an area of need for the more than 4 years he has been manager. Giving Eddie a new deal was embarrassing enough but to then think going into a new season that we didn't need a new striker but the missing piece was somehow Havertz is pure incompetence.
The lack of a ruthless streak is another issue, which explains why Saka walked his way into 90 minutes of shitness last night.
Arteta has spent 700 million and it will ultimately lead to zero major honours and our season is in the toilet AGAIN in early April.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:26 am
Not winning the league or CL is not the standard that I hold Arteta to but when he makes mistakes that are obvious to everyone(but him) then it's beyond infuriating. The centre forward area has been an area of need for the more than 4 years he has been manager. Giving Eddie a new deal was embarrassing enough but to then think going into a new season that we didn't need a new striker but the missing piece was somehow Havertz is pure incompetence.
The lack of a ruthless streak is another issue, which explains why Saka walked his way into 90 minutes of shitness last night.
Arteta has spent 700 million and it will ultimately lead to zero major honours and our season is in the toilet AGAIN in early April.
Yes obvious to all except the guy in charge :D

Thinking what did he do to improve things second half...they was ok in the first half yes a few dodgy moments but they looked in the game

Second half they went to shit...what was happening with our wingers?? bayern were defending very well and breaking really quick winning all the challenges...they really wanted the win...we was poor
seems nothing tactically changed second half from us...apart from same old subs coming on ......then you know its just a painfull wait until the whistle blows
Arteta is very much open to questioning....worried sometimes that hes just bluffing his way through

Viv Andersons Tache

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:25 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Absolutely. Hey if it means so much to you that I answer his previous questions then he and you can answer mine first.

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

The tie wasn't lost last night, it was lost in the first half of the first game when we thought we could squat Bayern aside in the opening 20 minutes.

We were naive playing that high line and leaving acres of space for Bayern to bomb into, comedy defending, White's miss that could have made it 2-0 were the death knell for us.

At this level you have to take your changes, Bayern showed us that. It's not the Premier League where you can miss 5 and still be handed chances on a plate.

We didn't look like ever scoring last night, but had we done the job in the 1st leg we could have gone to Bayern and lost narrowly. Arteta's tactics, well there weren't any were there - but Tuchel very easily totally nullified us all over the pitch last night.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Absolutely. Hey if it means so much to you that I answer his previous questions then he and you can answer mine first.
I never said it means a lot to me. I said it would be nice to hear your opinion.

As I said I haven't called for saka to be rested so why should I answer your question but I will.

Trossard is two footed and if started on the right will probably create more than the current saka who does seem goosed.

Viv Andersons Tache

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:26 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

I never said it means a lot to me. I said it would be nice to hear your opinion.

As I said I haven't called for saka to be rested so why should I answer your question but I will.

Trossard is two footed and if started on the right will probably create more than the current saka who does seem goosed.
Thank you for answering. I disagree he hasn’t played there at all and is better off the left but I appreciate your response.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:32 am
Thank you for answering. I disagree he hasn’t played there at all and is better off the left but I appreciate your response.
So who is to blame for not having adequate cover for saka?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Rob Admin wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:23 am
The tie wasn't lost last night, it was lost in the first half of the first game when we thought we could squat Bayern aside in the opening 20 minutes.

We were naive playing that high line and leaving acres of space for Bayern to bomb into, comedy defending, White's miss that could have made it 2-0 were the death knell for us.

At this level you have to take your changes, Bayern showed us that. It's not the Premier League where you can miss 5 and still be handed chances on a plate.

We didn't look like ever scoring last night, but had we done the job in the 1st leg we could have gone to Bayern and lost narrowly. Arteta's tactics, well there weren't any were there - but Tuchel very easily totally nullified us all over the pitch last night.
fuckin hell the voice of sanity....you got everything spot on Rob...perfect update!

Viv Andersons Tache

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:35 am
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:32 am
So who is to blame for not having adequate cover for saka?
I’ll answer this and retros questions when he responds too.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

:lol: :lol: You're the guv'nor are you? We have to answer a question about Saka, despite neither of us entering that debate and then you'll deign to answer the questions that I'd previously asked and which you were clearly going to ignore?

Ok Viv, I'll play your game. Replacing an in form Saka with anyone else in the squad would have a deleterious effect on the team, in my opinion. However, if the boy is fatigued and/or struggling with a knock, then there's no option but to rest him. The manager might also take the chance to rest a key player in games where we face a weaker opponent, as Arteta did against Luton, when he made about 5 changes. These decisions are tricky, but it's what "elite" managers get the big bucks for.

We have the option of Nelson, Trossard and Martinelli to play on the right wing and if we add ESR into that mix (personally, I don't consider him a winger, but Arteta has played him out wide), then that's 4 players with which to fill the 2 wing slots while Saka rests.

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make, because I doubt anyone on here thinks the team is improved by not playing an in-form Saka, but if he's not performing at that level, then maybe he needs a break. Personally, I always want him in the side, but his performances have been below par recently.

There, question answered. Now how about answering the two questions I asked you on the previous page?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:48 am

:lol: :lol: You're the guv'nor are you? We have to answer a question about Saka, despite neither of us entering that debate and then you'll deign to answer the questions that I'd previously asked and which you were clearly going to ignore?

Ok Viv, I'll play your game. Replacing an in form Saka with anyone else in the squad would have a deleterious effect on the team, in my opinion. However, if the boy is fatigued and/or struggling with a knock, then there's no option but to rest him. The manager might also take the chance to rest a key player in games where we face a weaker opponent, as Arteta did against Luton, when he made about 5 changes. These decisions are tricky, but it's what "elite" managers get the big bucks for.

We have the option of Nelson, Trossard and Martinelli to play on the right wing and if we add ESR into that mix (personally, I don't consider him a winger, but Arteta has played him out wide), then that's 4 players with which to fill the 2 wing slots while Saka rests.

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make, because I doubt anyone on here thinks the team is improved by not playing an in-form Saka, but if he's not performing at that level, then maybe he needs a break. Personally, I always want him in the side, but his performances have been below par recently.

There, question answered. Now how about answering the two questions I asked you on the previous page?
I concur