WERE TO BLAME FOR ENGLAND

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
legend10

Post by legend10 »

WHY ARE WE BLAMED FOR THE SHITENESS OF THE ENGLAND NATIONAL TEAM EVERRY TIME THEY LOOSE OR PLAY SHIT

THE SAME EXCUSES COME OUT EVERY TIME AND THE OE THAT GETS ME IS THE LACK OF ENGLISH PLAYERS COMING ,TOO MANY FOREIGNERS

ITS UTTER BOLLOCKS WHAT HAPPENED THE PREVIOUS 30 YEARS BEFORE FOREIGNERS CAME OVER , ENGLAND WON FUCK ALL AND DIDNT EVEN QUALIFY FOR 2 WORLD CUPS IN THAT TIME.

WENGER IS RIGHT TO BUY FOREIGN EVERYTIME. WHO WOULD YOU PREFER LAMPARD OR FABREGAS, OWEN OR HENRY, KOLO OR FERDINAND(MOST OVERATED PLAYER IN PREMIERSHIP)

I SAY FUCK ENGLAND FUCK INTERNATIONAL MATCHES. I AM ARSENAL THROUGH AND THROUGH .

exiled in notts

Post by exiled in notts »

So we're suddenly to blame for the fact that Peter Slouch couldn't hit the side of a barn at 10 paces? Sounds like good old fashioned Arsenal bashing to me. Any excuse to have a go at us.

northerngooner

Post by northerngooner »

At the end of the day it all comes down to the thickness of the press and certain individuals in football.

Why is it that the majority of the country can see that big fat Frankie and wheel stealing Stevie G can't play together? Why the hell did Mclaren pick Phil Neville at Left back instead of left footed Gareth Barry? Why did he pick Shaun " the money isnt the reason" Wright-Phillips when he isnt even getting in the starting 11 at Chelsea regularly? What is it going to take for Bolton's Nolan to get a start?

I would rather see english players from the Championship get a chance rather than some of the dross from the Premiership, at least some of them would actually play for the shirt.

Mclaren was the wrong choice of manager in the first place. Too many excuses and the same style of football as under Sven.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

The England team is CRAP because English players aren't good enough. The press build them up and say they are 'contenders' but there isn't any world class talent in the side.
Of course The Arsenal are to blame, we don't have a massive amount of English players like in the past but that is for very good reason. The market is totally fucked, any time a half decent young player emerges he is priced far too high. Ashley Young £9 M, SWP £21 M, and we even paid over the odds for Theo, though he will return the figure. Who would you rather have anyway Andy Johnson for £9 M ar RVP for £2.5. Absolutly.
International friendlies are a joke. They are played at the wrong time of the season and we never get anything out of it. If we had chosen the right England manager in the first place (Guus Hiddink) we might be making progress. McClaren should have gone for a completly understrength team for the friendly. Why do we need to play Stevie G, we know what he gives us just play all the fringe players and see what we have coming through.
About time Justin Hoyte got a chance?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

I totally agree, why should we be restricted to buying the dross of england when we can cherrypick the best of Europe and the rest of the world ?

the spuds and boro have plenty of young english talent and where is it getting them ? mid table at best thats where.

dtjenkins

Re: WERE TO BLAME FOR ENGLAND

Post by dtjenkins »

legend10 wrote:............I SAY FUCK ENGLAND FUCK INTERNATIONAL MATCHES. I AM ARSENAL THROUGH AND THROUGH .

I agree!

northbankbren

Re: WERE TO BLAME FOR ENGLAND

Post by northbankbren »

[quote="dtjenkins"][quote="legend10"]............I SAY FUCK ENGLAND FUCK INTERNATIONAL MATCHES. I AM ARSENAL THROUGH AND THROUGH .[/quote]

I agree![/quote]

me too! don't blame us blame sven's fukin brother steve!

proudtosaythatname

Post by proudtosaythatname »

I agree too - any excuse to bash Arsenal! Stuff 'em all - they're just jealous. Arsene knows...

Fuzzfeast

Post by Fuzzfeast »

I decided after the September Euro qualifiers, bollocks to England and I haven't watched them since. I was a bit pissed off that Fabregas played about 15 minutes against the no-hopers last week but at least it wasn't 90.

liam bradys left foot

Post by liam bradys left foot »

steve gibson can shove it up his fucking arse what aload of boolocks blaming us for england being shit everyone knows he should drop fat frank and recall becks

gotrek

Post by gotrek »

It's a load of crap! where did you see that people blamed a club for their national team losing!! when not a single player in that team plays for the blamed club.

Two arsenal players played in the english international Friendly...in the under 21 and they drew!! any thanks for that? no!! not a single prays to Hoyte and Walcott...
But Mc Laren proves to be Sven Goran's twin and cocks it up with the other ****, liverpool Usa and Man USa scum and Arsène "frenchman" Wenger is to blame. how much more nonsense can you get from a bunch of sorry losers!
Arsene told them to piss off and rightly so! proud to be a gooner!

exiled in notts

Post by exiled in notts »

Too right. England are a bunch of spoilt prima donnas who believe their own hype. Rio "Amnesia" Ferdinand. The self-styled "best centre half in the world"? Don't make me laugh. As the joke goes, he's not even the best centre half in the Ferdinand family.

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

Arsene Wenger scouts and recruits young talent from all over the world, including the UK. The fact that its only the foreign players that come through and prove themselves to be good enough (with very few exceptions) tells its own story. There are problems much further down the 'food chain' that the FA and press choose to ignore. Instead of paying Sven millions a year (even after he left the job) why didn't they pump money into developing younger players?

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

what makes me laugh is that whenever a major tournament finals comes round, there's suddenly this belief that england have a chance of winning the trophy. even what i would consider decent journos like kevin mccarra seem to think england are capable of winning a major tournament. let's face facts, the last time england came close was in 1990, and even then, they were almost knocked out by the might of belgium and cameroon before germany did for them.

so i completely relax about major tournaments and hope to see some decent games. cannot get excited about england because i know they will bottle it. they stunk the place out in germany last summer. fans were great, but the team sh*te. funnily enough if they'd got scholari (and that was f**ked up by david dein not waiting until after the world cup finals to make the approach) then they'd be a better team now. he would not indulge out of form players because of their reputations. he wasn't slow to take off figo in portugal 2004. england manager needs to have some bollocks. real authority. has anyone had that since sir alf? probably not.

some players are simply too comfortable in the national shirt and need a kick up the jacksie. and john terry's hardly going to castigate his mate fat frank is he? gerrard should have been made captain. far less worried about hurting anyone's feelings on the pitch. all too cosy for my liking at the moment. kick mcclaren out now - or england will not qualify for next euros. simple as that.

Fuzzfeast

Post by Fuzzfeast »

Of course it does get a bit hard following England now when there are a load of players in the squad who I hate or I think are just arseholes or they play for the teams I hate. I coped with it when my only real hate was Gascoigne, but now there are too many: Gary Neville, his brother, Cashley, Joey Barton, Rio Ferdinand, Rooney, Defoe, plus others from Man Ure, Spuds and Chelsea.

David James said he didn’t know what more he could do to get picked for the squad. He would be better off staying out of it and playing out his last few years at Pompey with Kanu, Lauren and Campbell, and Tony as assistant manager.