WERE TO BLAME FOR ENGLAND

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gotrek

Post by gotrek »

McLaren reads the Sun and picks his team from the headlines...
England is doomed as long as it stays this way.
I just hope the under 21 team gets really successful and humiliates the proper england team.
That is what happened in France, the national team was doing dsod all and the youngsters were playing well in all competitions, ribery came through, and now Gourcuff and bodmer are knocking at the door.

In Mexico people can't wait for the 2010 World Cup because they believe Carlos Vela and Giovanni will be dynamite...in England people have given up hope , apart from the tabloid believers, because they can bet the same team that played in 2006 will turn up in 2010.

legend10

Post by legend10 »

HAS ANYONE SEEN THAT THE FA WANT MORE FRIENDLIES

THEY WANT 15 FRIENDLIES INSTEAD OF 11 PER SEASON THEY HAVE NOW

ANOTHER THING THAT BAFFLES ME IS WHY WAYNE ROONEY DIDNT PLAY,
THE SAT BEFORE HE HAD A BLINDER FOR UNITED THEN MISSED THE MATCH THROUGH INJURY AND THEN SAT AFTER HE HAD A BLINDER FOR UNITED.

STILL UITED PLAYERS HAVE DONE THIS FOR YEARS

Fuzzfeast

Post by Fuzzfeast »

Well our bloke Gary Lewin was partly responsible for Andy Johnson not playing. He was sent home injured, David Moyes couldn't understand why, then Johnson plays against Blackburn and scores the winner. England have had enough problems in the past with clubs withdrawing players by claiming they are unfit, then playing them in the very next Premiership game. Now England are doing the same thing to themselves. If they want to carry on like the donkey chasing the carrot and never improving while smaller nations catch them up and overtake them then this is how to do it.

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

Just a couple of points about england (i think it is unhealthy talking about our shite spud filled national team for too long and anyway everyone knows that international football is crap)

firstly it shows how like pollyfiller david beckham was, filling in all the cracks (no not like ashley) becks' quality covered up how shite our team actually was, by removing him from the team mclaren has inadvertently created a situation where the right changes can be made, whether he will be the man to actually change things for the better or not only time will tell.

secondly i have heard a rumor that almunia will be eligible to play for england in about a year, does anyone know whether this is true, if so he would be preferable to the spurs shite we have in goal at the moment.

finally can we please stop the SWP bashing please, to my understanding man city, the club that gave him his chance, was in deep financial shit at the time and needed the 21 million that chavski offered, much as i would have loved seeing another wright play in the red and white, fucking over his old club to do it would have been reprehensible. that money went a long way to getting citeh out of trouble. so can we lay off please.

as for the tabloid press going on about us being to blame for england's misfortune remember that what is good enough for the pondlife that support manch and sperz is not necessarily good enough for the more highly developed intellect of a gooner, buy a broadsheet instead (not the independent though their news coverage is good but their sports guy is a real arsenal hater)

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

There was a bit in the paper last week and it had all the premiership teams and how many English players they had. I think Watford , Wigan and West Ham had the most. Enough said I think !! Look where the 3 of them are in the league. To be perfectly honest I dont really care where the players are from as long as they are good enough. England haven't got me excited in a long time (behave !) Thats not down to the fact it has a lack of Arsenal players. McClaren looks smug and Ive never liked him and when hes on telly hes always smiling . How can you smile when your team is playing shit like that? My best England times were when we had ITALIA 90 under Bobby Robson and Euro 96 under El Tel. Great times and we were all behind the country. But now the team seems to lack some spark.

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Now Italia 90 - Was there an Arsenal player in the squad :?: erm only if you count David Seaman who just signed for us and was third goalie and did he not come home with a broken finger anyway. David Rocastle just missed out coz some midfielder can't remember his name hold on its coming to me ...... David Platt took his place.

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Even better then Dicko ! A lot of people think " oh 'coz theres no Arsenal players in the team" thats why we cant be arsed. But to me its because the team has no idea and like Sven before McClaren has his favourites. I think Scott Carson is a great 'keeper Foster too . Micah Richards at right back but no how long is Smiley Mc gonna stick with the same players all the time . Sven mark 2 ! As for Crouch as a lone front man , Say no more