Train to Cardiff

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Hatfield Red

Train to Cardiff

Post by Hatfield Red »

Anyone going to Cardiff by train. I just paid £54 return. Just hoping i dont have to sit next to chavski fans the whole way there! :?

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

return journey could be fun... or torture. still they have a lot more to lose than us. imagine the disgrace if our kids beat their millionaires!

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

A week ago all train reservations had been booked (apart from 1st class on the 11.37) and no tickets could be booked in advance. They had no plans to run separate trains for the two sets of fans as per 2002. I am also not sure what the deal is with any extra trains as when I phoned them they said there were no plans for any extra trains and when my Dad phoned they told him there would be extra trains. :roll:

I thought First Great Western had got this organised extremely well in the past.

Hatfield Red

WORRIED

Post by Hatfield Red »

Dicko you have worried me, i went on line and the tickets arrived today. There is no seat but if i can stand then so be it, i am just worried that they have made an almighty cock up and there will be thousands of us stranded at paddington.

I did try calling them today but they were about as useful as a spurs fan.

Mike1
Site Admin

Post by Mike1 »

I spoke to their customer service today having booked tickets online earlier in the week. Have to agree that they are next to useless. Told them that I hadn't been able to book a seat and when I queried it at the time of booking, I was told to ring back today when they would have finalised their boarding controls. Rang today to discover that all the seats which could be booked had been, but "I could turn up and hope to get on a train". Doesn't fill you with confidence does it?

As much as I love the trips to Cardiff we've had, I'd have thought that the railways could have figured out how to organise themselves by now. Or perhaps that's expecting too much.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Might be an idea to car share down to cardiff.
If i can get hold of tickets then we'll take a 7 seater down and having a good sesh. Should be good.

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

It is funny that you can book a ticket online without a seat reservation when my Dad was told last week that you could not book a ticket in advance. What a farce.

I'd rather go by train esp on a Sunday than by car. We are still undecided over this.

In the past they used to have all the people travelling without a reservation in a queue to fill each leaving train up with no-shows and unreserved sections.

Hatfield Red

Post by Hatfield Red »

Eventually got though to someone who was not in India and had some sense. Basically they are putting on addittional services and carriages for people who do not have a seat reservation but her advice was get there early! 8)

dtjenkins

Post by dtjenkins »

I'm staying the whole weekend! Much easier!