Right Back for PSV

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
tenementfunster5

Right Back for PSV

Post by tenementfunster5 »

With Hoyte and Eboue both out who should play at right back? My feeling is that Djourou isn't a natural right back, he's too big, and Gallas needs to be eased into the side so maybe the choice would be mr. versatile Flamini.

Goonanana

Post by Goonanana »

ah yea forgot about matty, playing him in defence did us no harm last year :D

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

Well Im free tonight if Arsene wants to give me a call Ill jump on the first easy jet flight available ! I got no pace but Im sure Kolo and Johann could help me out ! On a serious note Flamini could fill in no problem. He wont go bombing up and down like Eboue but he gets stuck in and is very underrated.

norn irish red

Post by norn irish red »

Flamini is the best squad player we have,can play almost anywhere just a bit sad he'll never have a permanent place in the team,could he be the new perry groves?

exiled in notts

Post by exiled in notts »

I haven't always been convinced about Flamini, but if he can repeat at right back last season's performances at left-back against Real Madrid, he gets my vote. He didn't look particularly comfortable, but he stuck to his task and kept Beckham quiet and you couldn't fault his work rate.