Support In Cardiff

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gooner_mojo

Support In Cardiff

Post by Gooner_mojo »

I would just like to say that our support was fantastic yesterday and well done to everyone that went. Everyone seemed to make the most of the day out, and showed great passion and enthusiasm to get behind the boys. Plus we outsung Chelsea all game and showed what shit support they really have.

Special mention to where I was sitting, BLOCK U3 where a lot of songs were started, and people joined in willingly with my chants.

Just a shame we could'nt win because that place would've exploded but OUR TIME WILL COME.

Well done Gooners and keep the faith!

Mike1
Site Admin

Post by Mike1 »

On the subject of support, there's one thing I want to get off my chest as I had a couple of comments in the office this morning about how we didn't stay behind at the final whistle.

I had really wanted to, to show the youngsters how much we appreciated the efforts they had given this season to reach the final, but having missed the whole of the first half because of the problems on the trains, the need to get in the queue for a train back to London which would give me a chance of getting home on the same day was over-riding. So I clapped the lads who crumbled to their knees at the final whistle in front of us and then headed back to the station as quickly as I could.

I'm sure there were a fair few like me, so if any of the players are reading this - unlikely I know - then I'd like them to know how much we have enjoyed the Carling Cup this year and how proud we are of their efforts throughout the competition and in particular against the Chelsea scum.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

From where i was there seemed to be lots of people who stayed for a good 5 minutes to give the boys a standing ovation and sing some songs. The players really appreciated this and i don't think that they we bothered by people leaving early.

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I agree with both of you. Our support was superb. Maybe going there as the underdog helped, but having been to Cardiff 3 times before I have to say that this was the best support yet!! Well done to all who were there. We didn't stay to watch the presentation either. Why? Nothing to do with travel. I just can't stand the Chavski scum. That wanker of a manager, who gives Wenger no credit whatsoever for all he has achieved. That diving twat Bridge, who wants Eboue disciplined for doing what exactly? And their so called supporters.... wankers the lot of them with their shop bought flags and their brand new shirts (why don't you EVER see any of their fans wearing an old shirt...). And can someone please explain to me why no-one in the media has said anything about them bombarding Arsenal players whenever they took corners? Was it my imagination......? Lets hope ManUre do them in the Premiership and Spuds do them in the FAC. And lets hope we get the chance of revenge in the Champions League....this time with the first team!!!

tenementfunster5

The celery throwing was 'excused' on the grounds that its tradition and part of a song. I say lets start a new song involving throwing phones at Cashley.

tenementfunster5

My Chelski mate said the exact same thing as I did. 'Weren't your fans quiet' I don't know why but it appears that neither set of fans could hear the other. I know our section in Level 6 Block U2 was banging. Outside the bar there was a large group of fans including my group of 6 singing song after song, ripping it out of Chelski the Spuds and especially Cashley it was great stuff and continued throughout the match well done everone.