Just so skint

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Hatfield Red

Just so skint

Post by Hatfield Red »

Is it just me or is anyone else feeling that next year they will be selling there season ticket for individual games regularly. Dont get me wrong i have hardly missed a games since 1994 when i became a season ticket holder, but in the current climate i just cannot afford the current outlay without making some of it back during the season. Is anyone else feeling like this? I am sure there are a few of you who may criticise my actions as a part time supporter but ultimately i need the cash to keep my head above water. I expect that the ticket exchange will see more action this year althou i mainly sell mine for face value £35 to my mates.

Anyone else suffering?

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

If you are feeling the financial pinch, then TX is good for you. And good for me too!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Doesn't make you any less of an Arsenal supporter.

Don't beat yourself up about it. :)

REB

Post by REB »

stick it on here before tx so guys can have first choice ,, theres a list of trusted sellers and buyers

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Hatfield, I know exactly what you're going thru matey! Followed the club for 35 years when it was always easy to get tickets for all games, went on the waiting list around the time you became a ST holder and so the move to the new home meant I got a ST which was brilliant. But the last couple of seasons have been tough financially and with a family it is sometimes difficult to justify paying out what we all know is a large wad. Like you I do have mates who are fans so they get to see league games when I want to re-coup some of the outlay and I try and put it towards next May when the AFC final demand arrives again!! So on the one hand I'm gutted that I have to be a bit sensible but on the other hand people are getting to see games other than Carling Cup that they wouldn't normally get the chance to see. If I'm honest I do feel a bit guilty that perhaps next on the ST waiting list is someone who would go to every game come what may but maybe after following the club for so long I 'deserve' a ST and it's my choice if I decide I can't afford to go to every game. The other problem of course is that if you decide to give it up, then you revert back to Red Member Waiting List so realistically the days of following AFC would be over. We all know that the club have you over a barrel where that's concerned. Being a ST holder is fantastic, around the same blokes every game (well, 1 or 2 are tossers but you can't have everything!!!), no scrambling to get tickets over the phone etc and to be honest I feel VERY lucky to have one and that's why I can't ever ever give it up!!

O'Leary

Post by O'Leary »

Me 2 boys.

I let mine go for £35.00 which is pretty much face to my mates / family.

I earn a decent living but it's best part of £50.00 (+£35.00 for the ticket i have already paid for) for the day from Cambridge where i am from. So it's becoming increasingly a struggle.

I love the club / fans / players so much but really losing it this season. No players are committed to that club like they used to be and it's soul destroying.

O'Leary

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

O'Leary wrote:Me 2 boys.

I let mine go for £35.00 which is pretty much face to my mates / family.

I earn a decent living but it's best part of £50.00 (+£35.00 for the ticket i have already paid for) for the day from Cambridge where i am from. So it's becoming increasingly a struggle.

I love the club / fans / players so much but really losing it this season. No players are committed to that club like they used to be and it's soul destroying.

O'Leary
sound like a few ex players :lol: :lol: :barscarf: :barscarf: :banghead: :banghead:

Cus Geezer

Re: Just so skint

Post by Cus Geezer »

Hatfield Red wrote:Dont get me wrong i have hardly missed a games since 1994 when i became a season ticket holder, but in the current climate i just cannot afford the current outlay without making some of it back during the season. Is anyone else feeling like this? I am sure there are a few of you who may criticise my actions as a part time supporter but ultimately i need the cash to keep my head above water. I expect that the ticket exchange will see more action this year althou i mainly sell mine for face value £35 to my mates.

Anyone else suffering?
Call yourself a gooner.

Sell your vital organs on the black market, that'll pay for the season ticket.

:wink: :wink:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Thing is Cus if you knew how much AFC are part of my life you'd understand that just because I can't justify going to every game doesn't mean I'm less of a supporter than you or anyone else is. I could spout on about the 70s/80s AFC and how following them up and down the country in those days makes me a Gooner through and through but you may have been there yourself and so know what I mean! Football is an expensive religion these days and it's not just the season ticket it's the travelling and beers etc that makes you think about your mortgage sometimes!!!
I want to go to every game home and away but after 20 years of marriage my missus is still fantastic in bed and sometimes you have to make sure she has a roof over her head when she's giving head!!!!!!!

Cus Geezer

Post by Cus Geezer »

Eboue-Why?

I was joking you know.

Being a red member my attendance at Arsenal is limited, but in the coming 12 months it may a luxury I can't too often afford.
but after 20 years of marriage my missus is still fantastic in bed and sometimes you have to make sure she has a roof over her head when she's giving head!!!!!!!
too much information my boy!!!

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

I'm just bragging cos I had sex today for the first time in 479 days (Ooops is that too much information again for you Cus?!?!)

Anyway back to the original subject of this thread, it would be interesting to hear from other Season Ticket holders as to whether they too are having to give up a few games because of the money situation these days.

SillySteward

Post by SillySteward »

I can empathise with you feeling the pinch and it doen't look like it's gonna get any cheaper!

Have any of you guys considered becoming a steward?

Granted, you can't celebrate as much and there are times when you do completely get taken away from the game, but it is a way to attend and turn a large cost into an earnings.

I'd love to be able to go to matches purely as a fan, but couldn't even nearly afford it. Being a steward got me to all but three of the games last season and even put a few quid in my pocket.

This must read like some sort of advert from the club! Just trying to give you another option to think about. It's worth at least considering folks

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Nice suggestion SillySteward, and welcome to the forum. 8) :lol: :wink:

shimmy21

Post by shimmy21 »

SillySteward wrote:I can empathise with you feeling the pinch and it doen't look like it's gonna get any cheaper!

Granted, you can't celebrate as much and there are times when you do completely get taken away from the game, but it is a way to attend and turn a large cost into an earnings.

I'd love to be able to go to matches purely as a fan, but couldn't even nearly afford it. Being a steward got me to all but three of the games last season and even put a few quid in my pocket.

This must read like some sort of advert from the club! Just trying to give you another option to think about. It's worth at least considering folks

Welcome to the forum mate :D

Where/how do I apply???

While at uni I worked at a shoe shop and even now that uni is over...I still work there on saturday mornings and have to sprint home/pub to see the games. I need a change of scenery :barscarf:

SillySteward

Post by SillySteward »

shimmy21 wrote:
SillySteward wrote:I can empathise with you feeling the pinch and it doen't look like it's gonna get any cheaper!

Welcome to the forum mate :D

Where/how do I apply???

While at uni I worked at a shoe shop and even now that uni is over...I still work there on saturday mornings and have to sprint home/pub to see the games. I need a change of scenery :barscarf:

Just write to the club mate.

To my knowledge, the club is often recruiting and has a surprisingly high turnover of staff

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

No one can blame a anyone from not going to al games because of money.

Ticket prices have increased about tenfold over the last 20 years, but wages have not!