*BREAKING NEWS*

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
stearmaster

*BREAKING NEWS*

Post by stearmaster »

DAVID DIEN HAS LEFT ARSENAL

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

OFF ARSENAL.COM

David Dein leaves Arsenal Football Club
Arsenal today announces that vice-chairman, David Dein has left Arsenal Football Club and ceases to be a director of the Club with immediate effect.

Arsenal Chairman Peter Hill-Wood said: “On behalf of the Board I would like to express our gratitude to David Dein for the many years of loyal service he has given to the Club. We sincerely regret that irreconcilable differences between Mr. Dein and the rest of the board have necessitated a parting of the ways.â€

Graham Wilkinson

Post by Graham Wilkinson »

A useful clue as to what was about to happen was in an article the Guardian this morning.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/ ... es_ag.html

Makes it clear that Dein was isolated in favouring a Kroenke takeover.

Dein still has a 14.5% stake. What happens to that?

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

From the standpoint the club are taking it seems that maybe dein was looking for the club to be taken over and the board disagreed?

I have to say I'm not sure and am very sceptical about the boards announcement that they have agreed not to sell their shares for one year, why not five or ten if they want to stay with the club and not cash in.

Seem's a takeover could be on the horizon. I hope not but Dein leaving the club scares me. Will we be another chelski or man usa?